SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
My partner and I were assigned to bodyguard a "community organizer" once, who was a reluctant witness in a homicide case. Of course he claimed he was a reverend and was distressed that his homeys wanted to kill him to prevent his testimony.

This guy was a smoker, so periodically we would take him down to the judges parking lot so he could get a cigarette in. One of those times he told us that "....the brothers know better than to go in y'alls neighborhoods and try this shit. They know if they do that, it is ON. And y'all will kill every damn one of them." He was smarter than he looked.

The "community" seems to have forgotten this. I pray that calmer, smarter heads prevail. Or they may find that the "reverend" was spot on. Regards 18DAI

They also realize they do not have the political protections in most suburb/ rural areas.

The city I live in is 20 miles outside of a major metro that has seen limited (comparatively) upheaval. Majority white conservative base, 56% R to 39% D in 2016.

They would not be welcome here and they (hopefully) know it.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Kook:
I cannot think of an effective way to defend against that while still having work lives and staying within the law.
A question. And this is not sarcastic or an attempt to disparage, but if 50, 100, or more rioters (they are not protestors) are seeking to vandalize your home, burn it, and potentially injure or kill its residents, is staying within the law much of a consideration at that point? I'm all for adhering to the law, but when this happens, my compassion and the law go out the window as my AR and multiple mags become my focus. This filth is banking on you and me being civil and worrying about doing something wrong, while they on the other hand fully ignore the law and seek to terrorize and do harm. At some point many are going to have to come to grips with the significance of the circumstances and shed their civility to potentially insure their survival.

As jjones said, they know they have home field advantage and no one will step up and beat them...for many reasons one being no one wants to be recorded clefting (sp)skulls.

They will continue taking actions like this...and will continue to step them up prior to the 4th....but only where they have the numbers and the politicians.

I was kinda shocked as the 'burg that I remember would have had a least one 300lb iron worker get tired of their shit and taught them what violence really is.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
They also realize they do not have the political protections in most suburb/ rural areas.

The city I live in is 20 miles outside of a major metro that has seen limited (comparatively) upheaval. Majority white conservative base, 56% R to 39% D in 2016.

They would not be welcome here and they (hopefully) know it.

One issue with suburbs is the size of the local police departments. My suburb of around 20,000 has 30 officers. if 1000 "protestors" show up and start a riot, there aren't enough officers to contain/repel them. County Sheriff could assist, perhaps other nearby suburbs as well, and possibly state police. But if the "protest" is un-announced, maybe 10-15 officers will be on duty to respond. The rest will have to be called in, as with the Sheriff and neighboring police departments. And even then, maybe 100 would be available? Not sure about state police response time. A coordinated attack hitting the 3 major suburbs on this side of town would prevent assistance and divide the Sheriff's dept.

Only the citizens will be able to stop such an event. Indiana self defense law allows deadly force to be used to stop forcible felonies including arson, if one reasonably believes it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm. We can also use deadly force against any B&E of an inhabited domicile, because the law allows the assumption that a "hot" B&E can be construed as a threat to life, since you have no way of knowing the criminal's intent. Any rioter with a molotov cocktail or fireworks could theoretically be shot dead because throwing/firing at people or occupied homes could easily cause great harm or death. But that gets into reaction time - you would need to be ready to shoot the second you see it lit, because it will be thrown or launched within a few seconds.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'm very close to Gary and I'm surprised we haven't seen any action here.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
But that gets into reaction time - you would need to be ready to shoot the second you see it lit, because it will be thrown or launched within a few seconds.

After Portland, if you're not looking for it the moment the Anqueefas show up and ready to shoot the moment you see it then you may be making a horrible mistake. If a fire spreads in my neighborhood then there are little kids and folks who are old enough to not be able to move very quickly whose lives will be at direct risk.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Along with being at an Extreme Fire level we are expected to have 50 MPH winds today.
It could go from oh shit to devastating in a hurry.

15 year old kids were among those in the last roundup.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yep, down here in the valley, we're being told to expect possible power outages due to high winds.

quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
Along with being at an Extreme Fire level we are expected to have 50 MPH winds today.
It could go from oh shit to devastating in a hurry.

15 year old kids were among those in the last roundup.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Saw this photo and was wondering if she's holding a real rifle, or an Airsoft gun. (Just curious if anyone can tell. No jokes about the commie's appearance please.)

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Black Lives Matter in Seattle Chants “Who Do We Protect?… Black Felons” (VIDEO)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...-black-felons-video/

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Hard to tell at that angle, but the barrel appears to be 16” so I’m leaning towards real. Also note the holstered pistol behind her.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
As jjones said, they know they have home field advantage and no one will step up and beat them...for many reasons one being no one wants to be recorded clefting (sp)skulls.
And jjones is right in those particular areas, but I was speaking more generally as in when these morons venture out beyond their safety net. What do you do then? Let them rampage or attempt to stop them. You know that encounter is coming at some point given measures are not being taken in these urban areas to put an end to this nonsense.
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
One issue with suburbs is the size of the local police departments. My suburb of around 20,000 has 30 officers. if 1000 "protestors" show up and start a riot, there aren't enough officers to contain/repel them. County Sheriff could assist, perhaps other nearby suburbs as well, and possibly state police. But if the "protest" is un-announced, maybe 10-15 officers will be on duty to respond. The rest will have to be called in, as with the Sheriff and neighboring police departments. And even then, maybe 100 would be available? Not sure about state police response time. A coordinated attack hitting the 3 major suburbs on this side of town would prevent assistance and divide the Sheriff's dept.
I know you may not agree with me on this particular response, but there were thousands of people rioting all over Kenosha, and one 17 year old with an AR sent them all home that night, forcing many of them to reconsider whether it was worth coming out again the next night. The problem is not numbers, its approach and resolve to end the BS. This is all politics at this point, hence the reason everyone except the garbage causing the problems are getting screwed. Same reason a current nuclear arsenal is becoming worthless in maintaining peace, because few people alive have ever seen or dealt with the aftermath of a nuclear blast. A gun is no deterrent at all if your attacker knows without any doubt you will not use it. IMO, that's where we're at. The black clad morons fear nothing at this point. Not the cops, the courts, or us. Until that paradigm changes significantly, nothing is going to change.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have to say the current smear piece from the Atlantic against Trump has made my blood boil. To the point I had to step away from the news for a day or so. And then I see things like this and my jaw drops again. None of my relatives who served in the war are still alive (and there were many) but I GUARANTEE none of them would call themselves antifa. NONE. OF. THEM. Mad

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saw this photo and was wondering if she's holding a real rifle, or an Airsoft gun.

Looks real.

Say it is real. I wonder if it's zero'd and what the zero is. I wonder if she even knows what a zero is or how to properly sight in an A2/3 rear sight and A-post and make adjustments in the field. I wonder if she knows how to break down, clean, properly lube and maintain that rifle.

I wonder if she's ever even fired it and what her ammo choice in that situation is as well as the style of firfle (16" m4 clone).

I'm betting she knows none of those things. Magic Talisman indeed.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VIDEOS: BLM Attacks #WalkAway Event in Texas

https://www.breitbart.com/bord...tive-group-in-texas/

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^ I'm very close to Gary and I'm surprised we haven't seen any action here.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Gary has had its share in the past. Maybe they are tired. Even in the 50s Gary was a tough place.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
VIDEOS: BLM Attacks #WalkAway Event in Texas

https://www.breitbart.com/bord...tive-group-in-texas/
Boy got a lesson in Physics 101...The larger object always wins in an encounter. Most of us older guys learned that lesson somewhere around 10 years old.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
There was another post with a different snippet from this "lecture" given at the Netroots 2017 conference. Since its on Twitter I am providing a link: https://twitter.com/i/status/898417738867064832 rather than an embed.

The woman giving the "lecture" is Hunter Ashleigh Shackelford, who describes herself as a "black fat cultural producer, multidisciplinary artist, nonbinary shapeshifter, hood feminist, and data futurist."

In the clip of her "lecture" she proceeds to explain how she believes "white people are born into not being human...." and "... [white people] are born into a life to not be human" and are "demons."

That would send me straight through the overhead. It is the same language the NAZIs used to justify concentration camps, forced labor camps, and eventually, the purpose-built death camps.

Thank you President Trump, for ending this bullshit in the federal workplace.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
Well, at lest the fire dancer is still providing endless entertainment. Thread with some memes

I love this one:

quote:
A woman who is third in line to have access to the nuclear codes is claiming that she was duped by a hair salon. Let that sink in.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, imagine, just imagine, the same gate breaking down in a place where the homeowner has no fear of a prosecutor, let alone a jury, every finding them at fault for anything they might do with a pump up sprayer full of gasoline and a little motivation?

Wink

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometime soon an armed patriot force will come face to face with the likes of the fat bitch with the M4 and shots will be fired.If you are there and fail to return fire immediately, you will be shot and likely die. If you haven't made that decision before hand, don't go, you will die for nothing. Same goes for the Molotov being thrown at your home, when you shoot, all hell is going to brake loose. Its an awful thing to contemplate. If it comes to that, you and your neighbors need to agree on a plan of mutual protection. You can't defend your home by yourself against a mob of 100 commies. The commies have dreamed of this confrontation for a long time, its their passion, its their religion, they are well funded, they are committed.

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post