SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this**
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this** Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thank you, thank you for giving GiveSendGo the recognition and for banishing the leftist crowdfunding from site forever. I despise it, every time its name popped up.

Q

Posts: 27615 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ Thank you, thank you for giving GiveSendGo the recognition and for banishing the leftist crowdfunding from site forever. I despise it, every time its name popped up.

Glad to hear about this GiveSendGo as I never heard of it before. The other sucks and is used way too much all over and I will never give to it.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8756 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The problem is that the term "GoFundMe" has entered our cultural lexicon as a generic trademark in the same way as Kleenex or Band-Aid.

The proper term is "crowdfunding" but unfortunately, everyone uses "GoFundMe".

Once again, if you put this term in your post (or even quote this post of mine, with "GoFundMe" contained in the quote), your post will not reach the open forum but instead will get sent to a queue.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Once again, if you put this term in your post (or even quote this post of mine, with "GoxxxxMe" contained in the quote), your post will not reach the open forum but instead will get sent to a queue.

As it should. Thanks again Para for keeping a great forum!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8756 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I’ve mentioned it before: I refuse to use GoFrackMe. Period. Regardless of the campaign or beneficiaries.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I learned last week not to mention that place on this forum.
As far as crowdfunding sites, don’t they get a cut?
The lawyers for the Marine in NY have set up some site for his expenses. I’m more inclined to get a cashiers check and send it to them.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
As Russ59 found out,

A well deserved reprimand. I had forgotten what that site had done to the Canadian truckers.

My bad.

P229

Posts: 3952 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Dave73738 as the judges gavel falls: “Is now a good time to ask if I can have the ammo back?”

Now that's funny. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4878 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me join the chorus, welcome home!

Posts: 4784 | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Welcome home Dave.

Posts: 2352 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
A well deserved reprimand.
It wasn't a reprimand.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yes!! WELCOME HOME!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Welcome Home Dave!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Glad that prayers have been answered and that you are home.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7293 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I just happened on this thread so had to get caught up quickly. Congrats on being home, finally.

This read was another reaffirmation that I keep my range bag in the basement and my travel bag up two flights away. So easy to end up here due to cultural differences in what's ok.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone. I have been going back and forth with Para trying to come up with a good karma for all who participated in this Free Dave thread. I really wanted to come up with some original prizes but ultimately concluded it would be best to give an Amazon gift card and let you purchase something that you really want. I used the karma picker to pick 5 posters who will each receive a $250 gift card. I thank you all for the support, the kind words, the humor, the concern, all of it. Just reading back through this read makes me smile. So without further ado, the winners are

1. irreverent
2. furlough
3. redstone
4. HRK
5. johnny3eagles

I will reach out to you by email if you have one posted or if you see your name here, reach out to me and I will get it sent out to you.

A special thanks to you Para for starting this thread when I reached out to you. It truly helped and really cements what everyone already knows about this place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5938 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sweet Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19769 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
wow, totally unexpected, thank you for the generous Karma.

Happy you made it back to the land of the almost free in NY, Razz It was an honor to converse with you in the thread during this debacle, and to see the positive outcome!

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
On a layover in the Netherlands and I get an email about a karma gift card.

Incredibly generous Dave but the big prize is you home and safe!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1784 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome home!

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post