SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this**
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this** Login/Join 
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
There’s nothing like sleeping in your own bed after an ordeal like this.

WELCOME HOME!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6461 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Report This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it back safely.

Posts: 840 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave...

I have a getaway weekend in Moscow for you to celebrate your return home. Let me know and I'll send you the voucher. Big Grin

A big welcome home, sir!

Posts: 762 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome home! Smile

Posts: 536 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Report This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Welcome home Sig friend, sorry you had to endure all that.

Posts: 3532 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Dave! Glad to hear you're home safe and sound. I might head down your way later this year and if you're up for it we can meet up.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Report This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Dave!

now.......

Who do we rescue next Roll Eyes ??

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1432 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave73738 as the judges gavel falls: “Is now a good time to ask if I can have the ammo back?”

Seriously through welcome back. Get a contingency lawyer to file suit Vs. the TSA. If they had not been so incompetent and found the ammo before leaving this never would have happened.

Posts: 4943 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Welcome home! Been following this one for a while and I’m glad you made it through it OK and got the hell out of Dodge!

Posts: 34469 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Welcome home Dave!

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Most excellent Dave! Welcome home and take care of yourself.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7136 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Welcome home!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5171 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
What an ordeal. Welcome home.

Posts: 3677 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Dave, I've been following your ordeal since the thread was started and thought of you often. I was happy to see you post from your home!

Welcome back!

Posts: 2689 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Report This Post
Picture of RoyW
posted Hide Post
Welcome Home!

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 84 | Location: Taylorville,Il. | Registered: June 07, 2007Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
..and yes, just when I thought ammo prices couldn't get any worse Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Seriously, glad you're home safe although with a significantly lighter wallet.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16505 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Dave73738 as the judges gavel falls: “Is now a good time to ask if I can have the ammo back?”

I think a Gofundme for the loss of ammo is a good thing, with proceeds to cover ammo and legal expenses.

P229

Posts: 3942 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is really insane for just ammo. I know of 100's of yachts that don't declare guns and ammo in any of those countries including the T+C. I was on a few. Many yachts obviously have shot guns and some AR's for safety, but people don't declare them in legal countries like the Bahamas, cause T+C being the next logical stop would see that on your Bahamas declaration.

You can declare them on a yacht in T+C,but then they take them to the police station, then you have to arrange for them to bring them back when you leave.......but if you want to leave at 7am to make the next port in daylight hours (extremely important in a lot of stops down there)........lord only knows what time they'll bring them to the boat.......could be 10am, could be 2pm and then you have to leave immediately.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
I think a Gofundme for the loss of ammo is a good thing, with proceeds to cover ammo and legal expenses.
Dave has declined any such offers. There will be no fundraisers of any kind. To be perfectly clear on the matter, this is his choice.

Furthermore- gentlemen, you must cease, now and forever and ever, mentioning GoFundMe. As Russ59 found out, when you put that name in your post, your post gets sent to the moderation queue and a notification is sent to me to review the post. I have let it through for the purpose of clarification on two points, but you guys must cease mentioning these reptiles. This makes the second time in this thread that I have said this.

During the Canadian Truckers protest, GoFundMe seized the donated funds and stated that they- THEY would determine if the funds would be distributed and to whom they might be distributed.

They are leftist, amoral, thieving reptiles and there will be no GoFundMe drives linked to or even mentioned in this forum, ever again.

The crowdfunding organization endorsed by SIGforum is GiveSendGo and ONLY GiveSendGo

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Yeah, GoScrewYou sucks! Great call Para!!!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8735 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Report This Post