SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this**
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this** Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Wow, dave7378, what an incredibly generous thing to do.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that's behind you now. Whew!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19870 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
wow, totally unexpected, thank you for the generous Karma.

Happy you made it back to the land of the almost free in NY, Razz It was an honor to converse with you in the thread during this debacle, and to see the positive outcome!

When you get a minute, shoot me an email so I know where to send your gift card. Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5929 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Oh my gosh- wow- this is so completely unexpected! Thank you!

I agree, the real prize is you home safe and sound.
So glad you’re back with family.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5449 | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What a generous gesture of gratitude. I was just relieved to open the thread and see that you had not been re-arrested Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29871 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I think it's US who should be sending YOU gift cards!

Very generous, Dave! Glad to have you back and hope you're all re-adjusted by now.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39017 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

Very generous, Dave! Glad to have you back and hope you're all re-adjusted by now.

Slowly but surely working the cobwebs out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5929 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
What a generous gesture of gratitude. I was just relieved to open the thread and see that you had not been re-arrested Big Grin

No but interesting bit of news. There was another American that was arrested about a month after me. He spent half the time in the system and paid half the fine. Had the same judge as me. I called my attorney to inquire and he said that my case is the new precedent for tourists with firearms and ammo on TCI. At least something good came out of it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

Totally agree and was frankly floored by your lavish gesture. Then again I've never been a "prisoner" where one of the very few outlets for some escapism was a great forum and members.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16420 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Dave, when we were offering prayers for you, we had you added to our church prayer list. We attend a SMALL semi-rural dual nationality church. We did not mention the nature of your predicament, just that prayers for your well being and safekeeping were needed. Those prayers have been answered.

This karma, a total surprise is being donated to our church to make some much needed purchases. The pastor will provide me with a list of some of the things we need and I will make the purchase.

Thank you for your kindness.

Again, God bless and welcome home.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7197 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

No but interesting bit of news. There was another American that was arrested about a month after me. He spent half the time in the system and paid half the fine. Had the same judge as me. I called my attorney to inquire and he said that my case is the new precedent for tourists with firearms and ammo on TCI. At least something good came out of it.

Got nervous when I saw this back to the top. Sucks you had to be the trail blazer, nice to know someone else was able to benefit because you had the resources to fight back, they may not have.

J3E what a blessing on top of a blessing.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20998 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
J3E what a blessing on top of a blessing.

Indeed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Dave 7378 it so good to have you back home in the "good old USA".... following your adventure and others adventures with simular stories is one reason I will not be crossing any border leading out side of the USA for ANY reason... Even If I was to win a all expense paid trip to anywhere outside of the United States would refuse to take it.. Once you cross the border into another country and become subject to their laws no matter how trivial they may seem and they will use the fact that as a American Citizen and use that person as a pawn for a multitude of reasons. Cannot help it but with the "in todays times" I will stay in my home country....... drill sgt.

Posts: 2058 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Report This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Dave, you are a true gentleman.
Giving a karma on top of what you’ve been through is the very definition of your true character.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3803 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
wow, totally unexpected, thank you for the generous Karma.

Happy you made it back to the land of the almost free in NY, Razz It was an honor to converse with you in the thread during this debacle, and to see the positive outcome!

When you get a minute, shoot me an email so I know where to send your gift card. Thanks

Done, didn't realize my email wasn't in the profile... Thanks

Posts: 23962 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
welcome home

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2026 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
dave7378 WELCOME BACK HOME! Glad to hear your back home safe and sound!

Your time with family, friends, loved ones and your dogs is priceless.

that $6000 fine is nothing compared to your FREEDOM!

HK firearms Collector

Posts: 516 | Location: The Golden State | Registered: December 05, 2005Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Classy, man. Classy.

Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I have marveled at your composure, and professionalism during this whole ordeal. I do not know if I would have had the fortitude to see it through. It does my heart good to be a small part of this story and once again, I am privileged and honored to be a member here.

This forum is special. And Dave you are one standup dude. Thanks for letting us be a part.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3627 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Been mostly offline the last few months and just started reading through this yesterday. Dave, so dumb to have to go through something like this- truly sorry. But so glad you are back!

What a nightmare- the stuff of movies.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2119 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post