SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this**
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this** Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
Made it through security with no issues. Flight boards at 2:58. Lands at 7:10 in JFK.
Please let us know when you're on terra firma in the good ol' USA Smile
quote:
I’m gonna get on my knees and kiss the ground, well probably not, that floor is nasty Big Grin
I might be inclined to Find A Way

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
I might be inclined to Find A Way

Amen to that! SUPER glad that you are home safe!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2070 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Report This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Here's to a uneventful flight and being back home in the good 'ol US of A, Dave.

Posts: 3858 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Report This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Made it through security with no issues. Flight boards at 2:58. Lands at 7:10 in JFK. I’m gonna get on my knees and kiss the ground, well probably not, that floor is nasty Big Grin

Safe travels, looking forward to hearing you're back home.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15976 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Report This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Welcome back home, Dave. Glad to know this will all soon be behind you.

Posts: 7353 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If there's an in-flight movie, I sure hope it ain't Les Misérables.

Posts: 109043 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear this is all coming to an end for you.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome home. I am glad you made it through this ordeal in one piece.

Posts: 774 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Report This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Waiting for the post from US soil.

SO many things I'd love to rant about for this situation.

My most sanitized version is this:

I wish more Americans would realize what traveling abroad CAN be like, what CAN go wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13984 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Report This Post
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
With the risk of being accused to cyber-stalking, it looks like the flight is on time. About 40 minutes to go...

Godspeed, Dave!

Posts: 941 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Between attorney, rent, food and transportation I am north of $100k. So when she stated the fine it seemed like nothing. At least I will be getting the $40k in bail back Wink

Thanks for posting this Dave- it is eye-opening and a reminder of justice in a foreign country.

I don't think it would have been a lot different in the U.S., except you would be able to live in your own house, of course, saving the room and board costs.

The amount of the fine is within reasonable expectations, given that country's choices about firearms. It is their country, and while we don't agree with the policy, it is their perogative. Imposing a fine, even if the act was the result of a genuine mistake encourages compliance by people in the future, and discourages bad actors from attempting to excuse genuine crimes by claiming "mistake."

I am very glad you are free, Dave. What a mess.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If there's an in-flight movie, I sure hope it ain't Les Misérables.

Or Midnight Express.

Welcome home.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31996 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Buying a 6 pack to drink tonight, I’ll start when he lands.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Not Bud Light, I hope!!

Yeah…I had to. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

WELCOME HOME, DAVE!!! Wish I coulda flown you back home…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wish I coulda flown you back home…

I love that!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39222 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Made it through security with no issues. Flight boards at 2:58. Lands at 7:10 in JFK. I’m gonna get on my knees and kiss the ground, well probably not, that floor is nasty Big Grin

You’ll be back in time for Jeopardy, but you’ll miss Wheel of Fortune.

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news!

Silent

Posts: 1054 | Registered: February 02, 2008Report This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Welcome home, Dave.

Posts: 11517 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The flight landed an hour and a half ago. Where's Dave?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31378 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Dave, glad to hear the news!
I can’t even imagine. I ran into a little trouble once trying to cross into Bosnia from Croatia.
2 hours without my passport and 50 Euros (looking back probably was kind of a bribe and stayed in the border agents pocket) was a very very unsettling feeling.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25667 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post