SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this**
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this** Login/Join 
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
You have a good judge there. Sounds like the prosecutor made her job easy too.

Best of luck!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6893 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the judge may very well side with you next week. Hang in there till then.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17110 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the wheels of Justice turn slowly but as you pointed out it sounds like the Judge wants to follow correct legal protocol and hopefully on Tuesday you can be wheels up and on your way back home.
Praying for you brother! Be strong.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6461 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
As suggested earlier in the thread, we might want to be careful with what's said as anyone can read these pages.

Dave, we're with you! You have a lot of good wishes, prayers and support!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39159 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well, here's to you getting out next Tues and on your way back to the USA....

Posts: 24113 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Hang in there buddy. Just a little further to go.

0:01

Posts: 4276 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Report This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about the setback, Dave.

Hoping Tuesday brings great news. Keep your chin up.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4951 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Not ideal but it sounds like the judge is seeing through the BS and will hopefully the decision goes your way so you can go home. I'm praying that's the case.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7131 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the pain has been extended. Next Tuesday can't come fast enough!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16496 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
The cynic in me thinks even though they have no case and you'll be home soon, and it's just dragging it out to make you spend as much money as possible while you're there.

Hope the game playing ends soon.

*edit to clarify*

I'm not suggesting that the judge is doing so, but rather the bumbling prosecutor.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bobtheelf,

Posts: 3676 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
It doesn't seem like the judge is trying to find a way to screw you Dave. While that would be one reason to delay, to give time to think up how to make it look legit, the judge hasn't shown such a bias. I think it shows the judge is making sure to make a solid deliberate decision based in the facts of the case while ensuring the there are no procedural errors.

And I think that is going to result in a positive outcome.

Posts: 9701 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Dave, this has to be a nightmare beyond what most of us can imagine. We are praying for you, and this will be behind you soon.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Judge apologized, a good sign.
We're all pulling for you, positive waves and prayers. Keep your spirits up, you'll be home soon.

Posts: 1643 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Judge apologized, a good sign.
We're all pulling for you, positive waves and prayers. Keep your spirits up, you'll be home soon.
Absolutely!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6348 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Disappointing day for sure. Had to say goodbye to a bunch of people I expected to be getting on a plane with. My sister changed her mind and said she will stay. My concern being someone to be with my wife just in case. I tried to make some arrangements to sneak my daughters down here for mother's day but the logistics just don't work. Anyway, whats 5 more days? I still feel good about the outcome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5934 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Hopefully your attorney and the prosecutor are meeting and talking behind the scenes and things will be easy peezy next week.

keep your spirits up

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1427 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Keep the Faith Brother!

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2247 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Report This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Continuing to pray for a just decision from the judge. Hang in there.

Posts: 4551 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Temporary setback, but my crystal ball says the 16th will be terrific Tuesday.

Q

Posts: 27414 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post