SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tpd312:
How did you get a form 1 approved in WA State when they are being denied due to the manufacturing clause???????????
Used a UT address, pretty straight forward.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I can read after the fact.

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
Spoke with someone at Sig CS today who said the internal "rumor mill" story is that the MPX telescoping stocks will start shipping near the end of this month (Sep 2015). It's tempting to think about flipping it when I paid $191 direct from Sig and I see them going for $1K on GunBroker, but I'm too excited to get it on the gun so I'm just gonna keep it.

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting for the slide stock since the beginning of June. Every time I call they seem to move the expected ship date back a few weeks. Very frustrating.

Not very endearing to the customers SIG....

Posts: 91 | Registered: February 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fun fact had my firing pin return spring break on me over the long weekend. Just noticed it cleaning. Seems to look like it wasnt tempered correctly. Ill be calling sig CS tomorrow to see what they can do. Anyone else look at thier firing pin spring recently?

Posts: 33 | Location: Michigan  | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does ANYONE have a lead on 30rd MPX mags. I really need more...

Posts: 3 | Registered: March 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
I called Sig Customer Service today to ask about the issue, and the gentleman who answered the phone (Josh) seemed to know nothing about the issue.

When I asked if they had any known fix for the MPX sagging charging handle issue, his response was simply "Sagging charging handle issue?" I briefly explained and referenced this thread. He placed me on hold, talked to one of the gunsmiths in the office, and then came back and told me that the gunsmith told him:

• they are aware of the issue (well THAT's good)
  • there's nothing wrong and it's "normal wear"
  • it doesn't affect the performance of the gun
  • they do NOT have a fix currently planned
  • they "may" develop a fix in the future

I wasn't thrilled with the response, but Josh was polite, and it's not his fault, so I didn't complain further on the phone.

I just purchased a SIG MPX and now that I have been reading about this charging handle issue I'm concern about my pistol. Is this a real "big" problem?

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hebrew Hammer:
quote:
I called Sig Customer Service today to ask about the issue, and the gentleman who answered the phone (Josh) seemed to know nothing about the issue.

When I asked if they had any known fix for the MPX sagging charging handle issue, his response was simply "Sagging charging handle issue?" I briefly explained and referenced this thread. He placed me on hold, talked to one of the gunsmiths in the office, and then came back and told me that the gunsmith told him:

• they are aware of the issue (well THAT's good)
  • there's nothing wrong and it's "normal wear"
  • it doesn't affect the performance of the gun
  • they do NOT have a fix currently planned
  • they "may" develop a fix in the future

I wasn't thrilled with the response, but Josh was polite, and it's not his fault, so I didn't complain further on the phone.

I just purchased a SIG MPX and now that I have been reading about this charging handle issue I'm concern about my pistol. Is this a real "big" problem?

Not necessarily, but still an inconvenience.

To avoid unnecessary damage to your upper caused by the "flopping charging handle", just do not use the charging handle to release a locked back bolt into battery (aka "sling shot").

If you lock the bolt back manually, return the charging handle to it's retracted/locked position, and then use the bolt release button to put the gun in battery you will mitigate most of the cause of damage.

Still, I'm frustrated that we cannot place the gun in full battery using ALL THREE of the methods described in the Owner's Manual.

It's disappointing that Sig doesn't seem to give much of a hoot Mad

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
I just picked mine up yesterday. I didn't have much time to look over it, but what I did see I really liked. A few things I was impressed with:

• The sights on it seem very robust. I liked how there was no button to push to lift into position or to put them down.
  • I was very comfortable and familiar with the controls since they are very similar to the AR platform.
  • The magazine was very well made... and I guess for the price, it should be Smile. I did see in the case where I could order 3 more along with a 3-mag carry pouch for (I think) $139.
  • I doubt I'll use the case much because of how big and bulky it is, but it's a pretty nice case with cut-outs.

I'm going to SBR it, so I will call Sig about the collapsible stock. I will also probably change out the handguard to keymod once they come out.

What length of barrel are you guys cutting yours to? I think I will go 4.5". Anyone putting a 3-lug adapter on theirs? Are you getting it from TROS or someplace else? Hopefully I'll get to shoot it some this weekend.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
I just picked mine up yesterday. I didn't have much time to look over it, but what I did see I really liked. A few things I was impressed with:

• The sights on it seem very robust. I liked how there was no button to push to lift into position or to put them down.
  • I was very comfortable and familiar with the controls since they are very similar to the AR platform.
  • The magazine was very well made... and I guess for the price, it should be Smile. I did see in the case where I could order 3 more along with a 3-mag carry pouch for (I think) $139.
  • I doubt I'll use the case much because of how big and bulky it is, but it's a pretty nice case with cut-outs.

I'm going to SBR it, so I will call Sig about the collapsible stock. I will also probably change out the handguard to keymod once they come out.

What length of barrel are you guys cutting yours to? I think I will go 4.5". Anyone putting a 3-lug adapter on theirs? Are you getting it from TROS or someplace else? Hopefully I'll get to shoot it some this weekend.

I am far from knowledgible on these matters, but isn't the gas valve on the 8" barrel tuned accordingly?

I didn't think the 8" MPX-P configuration has an adjustable gas valve???

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
I am far from knowledgible on these matters, but isn't the gas valve on the 8" barrel tuned accordingly?

I spoke with Adam Agri about this at SHOT this year.

While he asked me not to reveal the exact length they tested "down" to, I can say that the bbl can be cut quite a bit shorter than 4.5" and still allow the gun to function--the gas piston is self-regulating.

I am not sure if the bbls from the Gen1 receivers will work in the Gen2 receivers and vice versa, so there may be a compelling reason for Gen1 owners to cut down their bbls if they want 4.5". [MPX-Ks will be Gen2]

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:

I spoke with Adam Agri about this at SHOT this year.

While he asked me not to reveal the exact length they tested "down" to, I can say that the bbl can be cut quite a bit shorter than 4.5" and still allow the gun to function--the gas piston is self-regulating.

I am not sure if the bbls from the Gen1 receivers will work in the Gen2 receivers and vice versa, so there may be a compelling reason for Gen1 owners to cut down their bbls if they want 4.5". [MPX-Ks will be Gen2]

Thank you, LDD, for the great info...again!

Picture of Patriot_1776
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone putting a 3-lug adapter on theirs? Are you getting it from TROS or someplace else?

I picked up one from HKParts.net - link is a few posts up, have not mounted it yet, but plan to this weekend.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1616 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spoke with someone at Sig CS today who said the internal "rumor mill" story is that the MPX telescoping stocks will start shipping near the end of this month (Sep 2015). It's tempting to think about flipping it when I paid $191 direct from Sig and I see them going for $1K on GunBroker, but I'm too excited to get it on the gun so I'm just gonna keep it.

How did you get it for $191? I just called to get the 3 mags for $139 deal and the guy said it would be $299 for the collapsible stock.

Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

How did you get it for $191? I just called to get the 3 mags for $139 deal and the guy said it would be $299 for the collapsible stock.

I dunno! I ordered it in May (along with the 3 mags + pouch) and that was the "discounted" price. Maybe they've upped the price since then?

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Okay, thanks Steve. I was wondering (hoping) if the guy I got had just given me the wrong price.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, thanks Steve. I was wondering (hoping) if the guy I got had just given me the wrong price.

Sig Had a price increase for the stock a few month ago. late June early July I believe.

NRA Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 394 | Registered: April 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I plan on buying the 4.5" barrel or Gen 2 upper once they become available. I bought 2 Tros 3 lug adapters, one for the 8" and another for the shorter barrel once available. I could have cut the barrel but don't want to risk messing with the great accuracy/reliability plus I already submitted my Form 1 and defined the maximum length.

A few things to note about the Tros adapter, i was told it would take 2-3 weeks but due to unusual circumstances it took MUCH MUCH longer but the parts are great. I think he is finally starting to get caught up on orders although he still owes me a few adapters in other thread patterns.

The adapters do add about an inch to the overall length where the 1/2x28 adapters barely add any length. The difference is due to the larger diameter of the metric thread and therefore the 3 lug part doesn't begin until after the barrel ends. In the end, still a great method to get a QD set up which is important for me when transporting or to use different silencers either full size or K cans.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I called them yesterday to check on the status of my slide stock order. I ordered it back in early June. The CS Rep told me it would be 8 weeks before they start shipping. I told him that's what they said in June and July also. Very apologetic but a very poor rollout on Sig's part imo.

Sig has a lot of buzz and I'm sure orders for the MPX. Most reviews have been positive, but if they don't support the product that goodwill is going to disappear. Too bad someone doesn't develop an aftermarket slide stock to compete with SIG. I'm sure that would motivate them to start shipping the stocks a bit faster.

Posts: 91 | Registered: February 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so had anyone received the new charging handle? does it take care of the beating on the receiver issue?

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post