SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
Me Want

X2. First purchase in 2016 most likely.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigcat100:
That not a good reputation to be building. "Slower than the ATF".

I don't see a lot of LE agencies going for the MPX right now. Can't imagine why they won't service the civilian market since it so much larger. Very H&K'ish of them.

quote:
Originally posted by Dano36:
I really wish Sig would release the sliding stocks. Just got the email my form 1 is approved. Ordered my stock at the same time so the ATF is now more organized than Sig in my opinion!

Not sure I would go that far... The H&K MP5 came out in the 1960's and I personally still have not seen a true H&K MP5 sold to civilians or a UMP 45 for that matter. At least the MPX is out and available and sliding stocks are also out to civilians, I know because I HAVE one.

Oh how quick people forget just within the past couple of years people were waiting for almost a year just to receive AR's from major manufacturers and even longer from smaller shops during the insane panic days.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
Anyone running any foregrip on their MPX? Wondering what options are out there. There's an aluminum one I've seen online, but not many other options.

I started off with an Magpul AFG2 but didn't like how much space was between the grip and the hand guard due to the added rail adapter in between. Once I got my approved form 1 I added a Magpul vertical grip and like it a lot more (pictures were posted a on pg 49). Thought about trying one of the grips on Amazon made for the MPX but they're a bit pricey. Would like to see some more options dedicated to this rail.

I've heard we might start seeing keymod handguards in 2016 which opens up to a lot of options.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig Customer Service told me this serial number was manufactured September 23, 2015... so it is fresh off the production line.

Sig said that it has the NEW redesigned charging handle. Ambidextrous.

The new handle still droops, and still mars the receiver. This gun is fresh out of the box. Within it's very first 10 charging cycles, the shiney spot developed on the receiver!!

The droopy handle (albiet ambidextrous), is here to stay.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: armedjetflyer,

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still unbelievable. Show me another high end gun that the finish is marred like this after using it. Come on SIG you can do better than this! Even after seeing this issue over and over again I still purchased one.

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hebrew Hammer:
Still unbelievable. Show me another high end gun that the finish is marred like this after using it

With use, every AR15 in the world gets finish wear on the receiver from the charging handle. These guns are made to be used. If you don't want any wear, put the gun on a velvet pillow on the top shelf of your safe.

You guys are blowing this way out of proportion.

Posts: 2680 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m499:
quote:
Still unbelievable. Show me another high end gun that the finish is marred like this after using it

No they are not. That's not a tiny shiny area, thats a gouge. I would be pissed. Especially since Sig is aware of the issue, a paper clip has been used to fix it, but they continue to put out the same product. People are still buying them so why should Sig care I guess.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
quote:

No they are not. That's not a tiny shiny area, thats a gouge. I would be pissed. Especially since Sig is aware of the issue, a paper clip has been used to fix it, but they continue to put out the same product. People are still buying them so why should Sig care I guess.

I spoke with Sig CS ("Mike" IIRC) on Friday last week on another issue, but took the opportunity to ask about Sig's plans for the drooping charging handle problem.

I was told that Sig DOES have a solution in the works to correct the charging handle problem - supposedly a re-engineered charging handle is going to be available sometime around the first of the new year. When asked if Sig planned to provide a remedy to current Generation One owners, I was told that they are looking at some sort of "buy back" program for current owners. Whatever that means remains to be seen.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It WAS the same "Mike" at SIG, that told me yesterday (10/13/15) that this IS the upgraded redesigned handle. Time will tell...

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

With use, every AR15 in the world gets finish wear on the receiver from the charging handle. These guns are made to be used. If you don't want any wear, put the gun on a velvet pillow on the top shelf of your safe.

I do not know what AR-15s you are referring to ? I have a 20 year old Colt H-Bar and a 2 year old LWRC and nether one has anything close to this. The spent case deflector on the side of the upper receiver by the ejection port shows some wear. But that can be expected. there is minimum wear from the charging handle being used repeatedly.

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
^^^ Looks really good dwd!!

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could you take some meat off the charging handle with a Dremel tool so it clears the receiver?

At least with the charging handle it would be on the underside and not noticeable.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
My angled aluminum grip for the MPX arrived. Figured for $50, I'd give it a go. It's actually a lot better than I thought, and a far better color match than the badly lit photo on Amazon led me to believe.

I removed the sling attach point on the foregrip, then installed the grip into handguard (it came with its own screws).

It's a little wider than simply holding on to the handguard, but so far, I like it. Haven't shot with it yet, so will hold off on final thoughts until I do.

I bought it on Amazon for $50 (http://amzn.to/1hQ572n).

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alma
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alma:
Scott Springer at Springer Precision has come up with a plus 10 magazine extension for the MPX. They are being anodized on Monday and should be up at his website soon at http://shop.springerprecision.com/main.sc

Just to update, the plus 10 extensions for the MPX are now available in Black, Red, and raw aluminum

http://shop.springerprecision....Id=355&categoryId=45

Posts: 254 | Location: Springfield, VA | Registered: November 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This is the famous MP5 3 lug Adapter now made for the MPX 13.5x1 threading. $50. This vendor is the premier supplier for the HK enthusiast. Alas, an MP5 part transitions onto the MPX platform!

www.hkparts.net

This message has been edited. Last edited by: armedjetflyer,

posted Hide Post
Does anyone have or have nay feedback on the ZRTS stock other than price

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=518066184

Posts: 24 | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedro66:

This is the first of hear of it. Glad to see the market jumping in to fill demand.

I personally don't like the bare metal look of the extension rods, and think they'd probably sell more of them if they were black anodized.

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
I personally don't like the bare metal look of the extension rods, and think they'd probably sell more of them if they were black anodized.

^ this

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's not even a legal pistol like the MCX.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:

That's not even a legal pistol like the MCX.

Yep thats an SBR and your point?

Posts: 24 | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post