SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Picture of Patriot_1776
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Odin0101:
I order the Telescoping stock for the MPX and planning on Form 1 as soon as it arrives on Thursday. Wondering what I should put down for over all length on the form 1?

Based on Sig's site it appears that your MPX with Telescoping stock will be 22.8" long.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1616 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33 | Location: Michigan  | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got shipping notification for my mpx essential kit from Sig. 3 mag plus punch for 139.99 with free shipping.

NRA Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 394 | Registered: April 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just filed form 1 to build my MPX into an SBR. My question is that I put the full length as 22.8" as I was thinking to get a telescoping stock, so if later I changed my mind to get a folding stock that should be longer (24"?), would it be OK to switch to folding stock without getting another stamp? thanks.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCCarper:
Just got shipping notification for my mpx essential kit from Sig. 3 mag plus punch for 139.99 with free shipping.

When did you originally place your order?

Posts: 14 | Location: United States | Registered: April 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jono12:

When did you originally place your order?

About 2 weeks ago.

NRA Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 394 | Registered: April 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
C'mon Sig, release the 4" version already!

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
C'mon Sig, release the 4" version already!

You can buy the 8" and have someone chop the barrel to 4"

Posts: 33 | Location: Michigan  | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dieseljayy:
sig website 30 round magazines

70 bucks for a factory mag!?? I like the MPX, but damn!

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:

MP5 mags are more.... Wink

Posts: 2680 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m499:
quote:

MP5 mags are more.... Wink

Where? I've never paid above 30 bucks for any of mine.

EDIT: Looked at HK parts and they want 75 dollars. Thats nuts. Glad I bought mine when I did.

I'm still surprised Sig would charge that much (well...sort of surprised), especially with CZ selling their scorpion mags for $20.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
After thinking about it, I probably bought mine during the last "Panic". I think they were $85.

Smile

Posts: 2680 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patriot_1776
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dieseljayy:
sig website 30 round magazines

From an earlier post...
Call Sig Sauer CS and ask for the MPX kit accessory essentials. Three 30 round magazines and a triple magazine pouch for 139.99

I noticed that my card was charged today for the order I placed on the 8th.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1616 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 52 | Location: Exeter, NH | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
Cool but an MCX

Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else noticed peening on the top edge of the receiver where the charging handle seems to be hitting? I'm not talking about the normal finish wear. This is actual folding of material on the receiver where the charging handle seems to be making contact. I can email someone pictures to post.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
Has anyone else noticed peening on the top edge of the receiver where the charging handle seems to be hitting? I'm not talking about the normal finish wear. This is actual folding of material on the receiver where the charging handle seems to be making contact. I can email someone pictures to post.

Yeah I have noticed this!

Simple way to solve it is to lock the bolt back then move the handle back forward slowly and lock it. Then close bolt.
Its a clear design flaw of the charging handle. Clearly an afterthought...
I can post pics as well.

The charging handle has vertical play. We are talking +-15 degrees here when you let it go it just bounces against the frame before locking closed.

This is how a charging handle should line up.

This is how gravity and the Sig MpX charging handle line up... Look at that play!

This is what happens to your frame when you release the charging handle.

See how the upper and lower don't line up perfectly. Thats OK. Well kinda. But when your charging handle bounces around like the jokey on riding sea biscuit each time you let it go you get nicks in your upper and a hitler mustache on the back of your receiver.

Granted since thats the only flaw I have with this gun other than being over gassed when suppressed. I'm still super happy with it. Other might want the FYI though about this little issue.

Edit3: round count 7.1k +-300. Charging handle usage<100 times where it was freely released to battery. All other times it was hand guided with locked bolt because this was was mostly from first range session.

posted Hide Post
ok guys...I messed up, kind of...

I got my Sig MPX and i love it, but when i got it I ordered the version without the brace.

I see i can order the new brace, but not the knuckle adapter that connects to the picatinny rail. I asked Sig CS and they said it would be available later this summer.

Has anyone seen an alternative source for an adapter? Thanks everyone!

Jason
P229
MPX

Posts: 2 | Location: Central PA | Registered: December 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magazine pouch showed up today. Ordered may 5th.

posted Hide Post
We should begin seeing K models pretty soon, right?

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post