SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tpd312:
So that would mean they might have to build a whole new upper for the 40/357?

In effect yes.

The V1s will be 9mm only, with a possible rebate or other incentive for those who buy the V1 to be able to purchase a V2 uppers when the V2s come out "later this year."

The V2s will fulfill the original intent of a fully caliber-selectable upper receiver (barrel and piston swap only).

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you LDD

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:

In effect yes.

The V1s will be 9mm only, with a possible rebate or other incentive for those who buy the V1 to be able to purchase a V2 uppers when the V2s come out "later this year."

The V2s will fulfill the original intent of a fully caliber-selectable upper receiver (barrel and piston swap only).

A incentive to spend more money after the fact to receive what was promised by your product in the first place would be a pretty shitty backhand "sorry", but with how the whole MPX has been handled it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Posts: 45 | Registered: January 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig doesn't owe you or anyone else anything. Be happy they got the 9mm running 100% and are now releasing it. 75% or more of MPX sales would have been 9mm anyway.

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tpd312:
Sig doesn't owe you or anyone else anything. Be happy they got the 9mm running 100% and are now releasing it. 75% or more of MPX sales would have been 9mm anyway.

Which is why any incentive or discount on a V2 upper would be a backhanded move. They know that most people will not take them up on it, and if they do they get to make another few % of profit. That's sadly the reputation that Sig USA has earned recently. Passing off the announcement that guns are shipping now to TTAG to report seems like they know that no one trusts what they say anymore. I'll still love my German made guns but the guys in NH will have to earn back trust in their marketing and release dates.

I'm not mad they are releasing the 9mm only version, as that is all cared for and would use anyway. But down the line if I want to sell it I'm gonna be limited to that same only want 9mm market with a V1.

Posts: 45 | Registered: January 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zrb:
I am glad I got my money back from pre-order.

Me too but mostly because the MSRP dropped. I kinda wanted a .357SIG conversion but I doubt I would shoot it much anyway.

Personally I think they made the right choice in releasing a 9mm version now. Most people seem to just want a 9mm model anyway and with all of the complaining about it not getting released they can please a significant portion of their market while working on the rest.

Posts: 69 | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewS:
quote:
Originally posted by 350zrb:
I am glad I got my money back from pre-order.

Me too but mostly because the MSRP dropped. I kinda wanted a .357SIG conversion but I doubt I would shoot it much anyway.

Personally I think they made the right choice in releasing a 9mm version now. Most people seem to just want a 9mm model anyway and with all of the complaining about it not getting released they can please a significant portion of their market while working on the rest.

I'm with you. I have no use for the other calibers. If I want to bump up from 9, I might as well do 300 Blackout than 40 or 357sig

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, what IS the market for a .40 or .357 subgun? I'm sure there is one, I just don't know what it is.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
OK. Seems most guns today start off as .40s and then step down to 9mm. Why didn't Sig do that with the MPX? The more I hear about these missteps the more I feel keeping my CX4 is the better choice. And while the odds of me getting an exchange kit from 9 to .40 or .357Sig was low, knowing I could do it was a cool point for me.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
OK. Seems most guns today start off as .40s and then step down to 9mm. Why didn't Sig do that with the MPX? The more I hear about these missteps the more I feel keeping my CX4 is the better choice. And while the odds of me getting an exchange kit from 9 to .40 or .357Sig was low, knowing I could do it was a cool point for me.

Actually, most guns start as 9mm then are upchambered to .40.

This is particularly the case with "international" guns. Why didn't Sig start with a .40 gun and downsize it to 9mm?

Because the Miami shootout happened in Miami. The rest of the world doesn't really recognize 10mm or the .40 that came about as a result of that whole episode. 9mm, for better or worse, is the universal pistol caliber by default.

The MPX was designed to fulfill contracts by countries which wanted to replace their MP5s, but didn't really take to the UMP. If you take into account the international focus, the dominance of the 9mm makes sense. This would also explain why some MPXs have already shipped to foreign agencies--they'd never consider switching calibers.

Also, the MPX has not shipped yet. We'll see if that changes tomorrow.

posted Hide Post
Actually it's the other way around. Most guns these days started as 9mm and then changed to 40. Prime example is Glock 17 to the Glock 22.

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Glock 17 started as a 9 since the .40 wasn't developed yet. And the upchambering the 9mm Glocks to 40/357 caused the KaBoom reputations. Hopefully by the Gen4 models have solved that problem.

The USP started as a .40 and was then adapted into 9mm. And IIRC, the Px4 and M&P started as .40s and was also 'step downed' to 9mm.

The .40 has such higher chamber pressures than 9mm, and .357 is an 'easy' swap with .40. If I was building pistol caliber weapons today, I would build around the .40 knowing it is easier to go down to 9mm than up to a higher chamber pressure round.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The advantage to a MPX with multiple caliber functionality is the preference for ammo. That is, for me, all my pistols are either .40SW or .45ACP. Don't expect a .45ACP MPX due to major MPX mods being required, but was looking forward to the .40SW MPX version.

But, if the 9mm MPX is really ready and can handle all types of 9mm (+P, subsonic, wide-range of grain sizes, etc.), then get the 9mm MPX out for civilian sales ASAP. Will have to just make more room in my safe for 9mm ammo boxes. Smile

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question for LDD......concerning the MPX carbine I hear reports about......will it be released soon as well? Thanks for any replies

Posts: 89 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was never interested in subguns before. Your ability as a writer and you're enthusiasm for the weapon make me want one.

Psalm 144:1

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KH223:
Question for LDD......concerning the MPX carbine I hear reports about......will it be released soon as well? Thanks for any replies

It's supposed to be released this summer, probably towards the end rather than the beginning, but I don't know if that will be affected by the delays in the release of the standard MPX or what Gen it will be when it comes out.

posted Hide Post
LDD,

Any feel for when the factory SBR version might start shipping? I've got a pre-order for a pistol with brace and an SBR.

Posts: 29 | Location: PA | Registered: October 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigRocks:
LDD,

Any feel for when the factory SBR version might start shipping? I've got a pre-order for a pistol with brace and an SBR.

SBRs will be made-as-ordered and will become available-for-order at the same time their non-NFA versions are.

So if you want an 8" SBR, you can place your order at the same time the 8" w/brace and 8" w/o brace go to market. You won't get it at the same time due to the whole NFA process, but you can order it.

The default stock for the SBRs will be the A3 style slider.

But, if you want an SBR of the 4" K version, you'll have to wait till the non-NFA versions of those become available, supposedly later this summer.

posted Hide Post
Thanks LDD!

Posts: 29 | Location: PA | Registered: October 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by SigRocks:
LDD,

SBRs will be made-as-ordered and will become available-for-order at the same time their non-NFA versions are.

So if you want an 8" SBR, you can place your order at the same time the 8" w/brace and 8" w/o brace go to market. You won't get it at the same time due to the whole NFA process, but you can order it.

The default stock for the SBRs will be the A3 style slider.

But, if you want an SBR of the 4" K version, you'll have to wait till the non-NFA versions of those become available, supposedly later this summer.

If you order the SBR with an 8 inch barrel is there any rule that says you can't swap that barrel for a 4.5 inch barrel?

Posts: 29 | Location: Raymond, NH | Registered: March 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post