SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
In slightly less upsetting news, Sig has agreed to replace my lower with a new one. Hopefully they will get it out in the next few days.

Hopefully it will be a Gen2 gun, so you can do all the upgrades/modifications that was promised in the beginning.

I asked about that in an email a couple hours ago, will see what they say. I just want a working gun at this point. I'll still have a Gen 1 upper, so as long as the lower works with that I'm happy.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In slightly less upsetting news, Sig has agreed to replace my lower with a new one. Hopefully they will get it out in the next few days.

What's wrong with the lower of your MPX?

NRA Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 394 | Registered: April 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCCarper:
quote:

What's wrong with the lower of your MPX?

Trigger pins walking out, and poor machining. Picture a few pages back.

Edit: Just heard back, they are sending me a gen 1 lower. Oh well.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:

How come???

Nevermind.... I read above. Smile Bummer it's still a G1.

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have a customer with a Gen1 MPX lower and both Gen1 and Gen2 magazines--both work in his Gen1 lower.

No word back on upper/lower compatibility yet.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
I have a customer with a Gen1 MPX lower and both Gen1 and Gen2 magazines--both work in his Gen1 lower.

So now the question is whether Gen 1 mags will work in Gen 2 uppers...

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:

So now the question is whether Gen 1 mags will work in Gen 2 uppers...

I'll be taking my new Gen 2 MPX carbine along with the 1 supplied Gen 2 mag and several Gen 1 mags to the range tomorrow. I'll let you know if there are any problems. I don't think there will be since they both load into the magwell, lockup and eject just fine when empty.

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by immawake:
I'll be taking my new Gen 2 MPX carbine along with the 1 supplied Gen 2 mag and several Gen 1 mags to the range tomorrow. I'll let you know if there are any problems. I don't think there will be since they both load into the magwell, lockup and eject just fine when empty.

I'll be anxious to hear your report. The reason I ask is because of the feed lips on the Gen 1 mags. I worry with the shorter lips that the rounds might get caught (bullet up) when stripped out of the mag by the bolt.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We also received an MPX pistol, Gen2 scalloped ejection port upper with Add-a-Rail handguard, Sept 2015 manufacture (pistol config, no brace).

So just because it would seem that the older Add-A-Rail/SIGMOD handguards are not exclusive to the Gen1 uppers. I would suggest folks look at the receiver itself rather than the rail system for ID characteristics.

posted Hide Post
I wonder what government agencies are also victims of this Gen1 debacle?

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedjetflyer:

I hope its the ATF. They'll get so far in Sigs a$$ for days.

Posts: 8 | Registered: June 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe we will see a large number of the Gen1 model MPX for sale somewhere as police trade-in's???

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is going to be fun to watch from the sidelines, glad I didn't take the plunge a couple weeks ago on a PSB. I wonder what prompted the changes. It can't be cheap to replace a product in it's first 6 months with something that it's not forward compatible with, so the motivation must be significant.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Sig Customer Service today and they were very eager to help explain everything. Seems they WILL be making shorter barrels for the Gen 1 9mm MPX's. Gen 2 uppers will work fine on a Gen 1 lower. Also, the Gen 2 complete upper will cost the same as the caliber conversion kit. So if you have a Gen 1 and want to go to 40s&w or if you have a Gen 2 and want to go to 40s&w, it will be the same price.

I am eager to see if anyone has any issues with the magazines between Generations as I don't want to have to hunt for Gen 1 magazines.

---------------------------
And... Have a good 'un.

Posts: 279 | Registered: October 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did Sig stop manufacturing and selling Gen. 1 magazines?

Posts: 201 | Location: Fort Lauderdale | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bhead:
Did Sig stop manufacturing and selling Gen. 1 magazines?

SIG never made any MPX magazines.

They are manufactured by Lancer.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mmorford:
I spoke with Sig Customer Service today and they were very eager to help explain everything. Seems they WILL be making shorter barrels for the Gen 1 9mm MPX's. .

but what about 9 mm std. replacement barrels for the Gen 1 MPX ?

I've never before seen so much confusion regarding product marketing and subsequent launch and if I were in charge over at SIG there are some heads that would be rolling over this mess..

Bottom line is the initial launch of the Gen1 guns was very misleading to all except for those who follow the message boards closely.

I'm glad I never sent a form 1 in for mine to SBR it, as I am actually thinking of selling it now and waiting a year or so for all this to settle before getting back into it.

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I've mostly refrained from posting in this thread, other than when I initially pointed out the chipping and scarring of my upper due to sag in the charging handle.

Admittedly I rely on my LGS for information about newer Sig models. I didn't come here to view this thread prior to purchasing to see if there were any subtle differences in the models released. The LGS I purchase from is one of Sig's largest dealers. If "they" tell me it is able to switch calibers and barrels, I'm going to believe them. The lower is even marked "multi." Personally I believe if the early adopters push hard enough, an equitable resolution will be made. And I'm not talking about allowing us to purchase a new upper at the cost of a new barrel.

I feel like what I've been sold is a "fraud." It's not what myself or any of the early purchasers outside of this forum thought they were purchasing. If I purchased a new truck marked "4X4" and it was two wheel drive, and the only way I could've found that out was on some brand specific forum, I'd be upset.
Just like I'm currently upset over the MPX I purchased.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abigger:
quote:
Originally posted by armedjetflyer:

I hope its the ATF. They'll get so far in Sigs a$$ for days.
Nah, the government will just pay again for the same thing. It isn't their money after all.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
Had to heat up the flash hider with a blow torch until it glowed red, then whack the bejeezus out of the wrench with the hammer (yes, I know it's left-hand threaded) to finally get the flash hider off.

The SilencerCo Osprey 9 with the XL piston (slightly longer) and the fixed barrel extension are a perfect fit on the MPX.

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post