SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:
One thing I'm really, really, enjoying, is the mental divide by zero going on with the Massholes. Their hate for Trump knows no limit, until they bump up against Tom Brady.

They can't figure out how to hate Tom Brady for not being rabidly anti-Trump. I mean, this is Tom-Frickin-Brady, greatest QB that ever walked the face of the planet.

They're saying that Brady has some 'splaining to do. How dare you have a MAGA hat in your locker? But, but, you're Brady (sigh).

Tee-hee!! They're spinning in mid-air like a cat with buttered-toast tied to its back.

Not everyone here is the same.

Hear, hear!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
They need Sessions confirmed and taking action. This stuff ne ds shut down and shut down hard. You want to peacefully protest? Thats fine...do it over there>>. You want to incite riot and insurrction...get arrested and put in jail.

Peaceful protests should not be contained in cordoned off "free speech areas." Obama did that and conservatives were pissed.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31529 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
My point is not to fence them off. However when you interfere with commerce and peoples lives, it goes beyond protest and becomes something else.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
America’s Deportation Agents Love Trump’s Ban

Two unions, representing more than 21,000 immigration officers, praised Trump’s action on Saturday night, shortly after federal judges had ordered a halt to the deportation of refugees, tourists and legal permanent residents detained at airports nationwide.

“As representatives of the nation’s frontline immigration officers and agents responsible for enforcing our laws and protecting our borders, we fully support and appreciate President Trump’s swift and decisive action to keep the American people safe and allow law enforcement to do its job,” the National Border Patrol Council and the National Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council said in a joint statement.

And my favorite part of the article: Cool

Immigration officers at Dulles International Airport in Washington even refused to allow four members of Congress into the area where the detainees were being held on Sunday.

https://theintercept.com/2017/...rely-breitbart-news/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Acting AG tells Justice Department staff not to defend Trump's refugee order

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...s-refugee-order.html

Acting Attorney General Sally Yates, a Democratic appointee, says she's directed Justice Department attorneys not to defend President Donald Trump's executive order on refugees.

Yates said in a memo Monday that she is not convinced that Trump's order is lawful, or that its defense is consistent with the department's obligation to "always seek justice and stand for what is right."

Yates was appointed deputy attorney general by President Barack Obama. She became acting attorney general once Loretta Lynch left the position.

Her directive will be in place until she leaves the department, which will happen once the Senate confirms Sen. Jeff Sessions, Trump's pick for attorney general.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The way I understand it is the AG serves at the pleasure of the president and can be removed at any time. So, you're fired. Keep firing them until one decides to uphold US law. I'm sure someone in the AG's office will.

This is most likely a political stunt. She is probably hoping to get fired to help the democrats "cause"; she knows Sessions will be letting her go anyway.

So give her what she wants, make it very public, lambast her for violating her oath to uphold US law, mention that lawlessness is the democratic party's pastime, and again, quote the exact law that allows the president to do what he did and then condem the democrats for playing politics with the security of the nation.

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Does this mean we can bring our Military home.

Iraq’s lawmakers have voted in favor of a reciprocal travel ban on U.S. citizens if President Donald Trump’s administration does not rescind its decision to prohibit the entry of Iraqis.

On Monday, Iraqi lawmakers voted to call on the Shiite-led Baghdad government to “respond in kind to the American decision in the event that the American side does not to withdraw its decision,” reports Agence France-Presse (AFP), citing Iraqi member of parliament (MP) Hakim al-Zamili, who quoted the text of the decision that was read during the parliamentary session.

http://www.breitbart.com/natio...sed-refugee-program/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
And in other news, seeing Marie Harf in her role as a FNC contributor. She is not stealing enough oxygen, clear evidence her brain cells are asphyxiated.........

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1533 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
My point is not to fence them off. However when you interfere with commerce and peoples lives, it goes beyond protest and becomes something else.

Indeed.

So what was it? A couple hundred visa and green card holders inconvenienced by Trump's executive order? I think I heard that they all finally went through to their destinations (most in any case).

Well, these protesters caused thousands of Americans to miss their flights. Ridiculous people.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30538 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
And in other news, seeing Marie Harf in her role as a FNC contributor. She is not stealing enough oxygen, clear evidence her brain cells are asphyxiated.........

I heard you guys talk about her being on Fox, but just now was the first time that I actually saw her spewing her nonsense. Whoa. Whoa man. Wooooooman!

That's a dumb broad.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30538 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

I think she gives dumb broads a bad name...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53332 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

I heard you guys talk about her being on Fox, but just now was the first time that I actually saw her spewing her nonsense. Whoa. Whoa man. Wooooooman!

That's a dumb broad.

I can't believe you missed her when Obama was in office. You nailed it with your comment (add Jen Psaki to that mix....look her up too). To me their appointments typified the Obama White House.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

That's a dumb broad.

I can't believe you missed her when Obama was in office. You nailed it with your comment (add Jen Psaki to that mix....look her up too). To me their appointments typified the Obama White House.

I'm sorry. I meant the first time I've seen her on Fox as a contributor. I'm quite familiar with her tenure in the Obama administration.

Dum dum dum dum dum dum dum

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Foxnews,com

Acting Attorney General Sally Yates, a holdover from the Obama administration, directed Justice Department attorneys Monday not to defend President Donald Trump's controversial executive refugee and immigration ban.

ROSAL

President Trump needs to order every attorney in the United States Department of Justice who is licensed to practice in the Supreme Court of the United States to defend his order to their utmost.

If a particular attorney or two or 10,000 refuses to do so, he should fire them for insubordination.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31529 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340

President Trump needs to order every attorney in the United States Department of Justice who is licensed to practice in the Supreme Court of the United States to defend his order to their utmost.

If a particular attorney or two or 10,000 refuses to do so, he should fire them for insubordination.

Boom!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Trump needs to start a campaign of "psychological warfare" against the dems. Identify a few of the senators and congressmen who are up for reelection in districts he won. Invite them to the white house for a private lunch; no cameras, no phones, nothing. Don't speak a word of politics. Talk about family, golf, Tom Brady, anything but politics. Thank them for coming and be seen waving to them as they leave. Two things are going to immediately happen; there will be microphones shoved in their faces asking what they talked about - "It was just a get to know you, family, sports, that sort of thing" and Pelosi and Schumer will get them behind closed doors and grill them on what Trump talked about. "Sir, it was just idle personal chat, no politics at all". Then the next day Trump releases a tweet. "I'd like to thank the members of congress who met with me yesterday. It was a very productive meeting. Their level headed conversation was refreshing and I look forward to us Making America Great Again together!" Of course now the dems will start to wonder what they really talked about. These people are up for reelection, can they be trusted to stay the course? Of course Trump will also be asked and he can reply it was just idle chat, no need to lie. Pick one out that has a something going on soon, like a family birthday, anniversary, whatever, and send them a personal tweet about it. Like all of a sudden you are best buddies. They can try to deny it was political to the media and to their handelers, but they will be suspect. Divide and conquer Smile

Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Trump needs to start a campaign of "psychological warfare" against the dems. Identify a few of the senators and congressmen who are up for reelection in districts he won. Invite them to the white house for a private lunch; no cameras, no phones, nothing. Don't speak a word of politics. Talk about family, golf, Tom Brady, anything but politics. Thank them for coming and be seen waving to them as they leave. Two things are going to immediately happen; there will be microphones shoved in their faces asking what they talked about - "It was just a get to know you, family, sports, that sort of thing" and Pelosi and Schumer will get them behind closed doors and grill them on what Trump talked about. "Sir, it was just idle personal chat, no politics at all". Then the next day Trump releases a tweet. "I'd like to thank the members of congress who met with me yesterday. It was a very productive meeting. Their level headed conversation was refreshing and I look forward to us Making America Great Again together!" Of course now the dems will start to wonder what they really talked about. These people are up for reelection, can they be trusted to stay the course? Of course Trump will also be asked and he can reply it was just idle chat, no need to lie. Pick one out that has a something going on soon, like a family birthday, anniversary, whatever, and send them a personal tweet about it. Like all of a sudden you are best buddies. They can try to deny it was political to the media and to their handelers, but they will be suspect. Divide and conquer Smile

Big Grin

Posts: 2485 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
Firing the acting Attorney General would create some problems:

Excerpt from https://www.wsj.com/articles/a...ravel-ban-1485819447 :

"Firing Ms. Yates could create a new problem for the Trump White House—as a Senate-confirmed official, she is the only person in the current Justice Department who can approve applications to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, which oversees the most sensitive national security cases involving terrorism and espionage.

Because so many Senate-confirmed Justice Department appointees left the government at the end of the Obama administration, it also isn’t immediately clear who would succeed Ms. Yates if she were fired before Mr. Sessions can be confirmed by the Senate."

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The Senate needs to hold an emergency confirmation vote. Fuck these leftist fucks.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17486 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

This is a great idea!