SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24300 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Obama never signed an outright ban, but rather "slowed the process to a crawl" to allow for advanced vetting.

This was done in response to finding two Iraqis in Kentucky who, it was discovered, built IED's in Iraq.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Someday soon, Trump's executive orders and their deliberate misinterpretation by the media are going to lead to the first acts of real violence. They will also be spun to make Trump be the arch-villain, as the articles on the "immigrant ban" are.

What will be the reaction of Trump supporters to that? I see rough seas ahead.

Upheaval, carnage, violence, a self made media feeding frenzy... And most people are too stupid to see it for what it is.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Is this the action of a new "ICE" ?

https://www.ice.gov/news/relea...y-after-detainer-was

NEW YORK — Officers with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) arrested a Mexican national Wednesday after he was released from local custody when a detainer lodged with New York authorities was not honored . The man, who had previously been removed, has a prior conviction for forcible theft armed with a deadly weapon.

Luis Alejandro Villegas, 31, was released from local custody Dec. 31, 2016, after being detained for driving while intoxicated. Villegas has a previous criminal conviction for robbery in the first degree, forcible theft with a deadly weapon for which he served five years’ imprisonment. Following his prison term, Villegas was removed from the United States in 2007 pursuant to a final order of removal.

ICE filed the detainer Dec. 31, 2016, with the New York Police Department in Manhattan, where he was detained while the DWI charge was pending. However, he was released from New York custody after authorities declined to honor the detainer. A criminal warrant was subsequently issued by the Southern District of New York (SDNY) for the illegal reentry of a removed alien.

ICE officers arrested Villegas Jan. 25 at the intersection of 111th Street and Park Avenue in New York. He was processed and later transported to federal court for an appearance before a judge. He is now in custody of the U.S. Marshals Service with charges pending.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Mark Twain's statement about the media has never been more true than right now.

"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uniformed. If you do read the newspaper, you're misinformed."

The MSM sure is a despicable, bothersome lot, are they not?

Quoted for truth!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9452 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
^^^Wow, that sounds a whole lot like law and order!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Is a retainer from the Feds a legally binding document? Meaning can the locals just say "nah, screw it. Let them go" without any consequences? Or is it more of a pretty please with sugar on top thing?

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Someday soon, Trump's executive orders and their deliberate misinterpretation by the media are going to lead to the first acts of real violence. They will also be spun to make Trump be the arch-villain, as the articles on the "immigrant ban" are.

Can't really argue with your prediction. Is this a harbinger of things to come?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.co...tland-airport-brawl/

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
We're half way into our second week of the Trump presidency and I gotta tell ya, it's really refreshing to see that Zippy has completely disappeared from the spotlight and the media.

I hope it lasts.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5525 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The local news reports that the ACLU received $24M in donations since Trump signed the immigration order. They normally take in $4M/yr. Wonder who the biggest chunk of that money came from.....

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
The local news reports that the ACLU received $24M in donations since Trump signed the immigration order. They normally take in $4M/yr. Wonder who the biggest chunk of that money came from.....

Useful idiots would be my guess...

Posts: 1623 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Report This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:

The rideshare company Lyft apparently donated a ton, but Uber didn't which sparked a nasty backlash.

The type of thing we're gonna keep seeing for 4 more years. Before it was simply disagree with a liberal and feel the backlash. Now you don't even have to disagree with them, just don't do anything blatantly against Trump and your lack of action will be grounds for attack!

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
I have a hilarious proposition for President Trump to show how utterly insane the left is:

Take one of former president Obama's Executive Orders, copy it word for word and sign it. They'll squeal like little bitches I am sure, just because it was President Trump who signed it. Then, I'd let them stew on it for a few days and then laugh the entire time while I point out that it was the exact same EO that Obama had signed! It would surely piss of the media who would be pushing others to protest his actions but it would reinforce the notion that the media is absolutely against our President!

That may have already happened.

There is a hissy fit over the composition of the National Security Council that went on in the press briefing. Spicer pointed out that the wording of the memo of organization was exactly the same going back to 2001, before the CIA and DNI were as they are now.

There was a story that the Joint Chief and CIA had been downgraded, dissed, sent to play elsewhere, etec.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:

Can't really argue with your prediction. Is this a harbinger of things to come?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.co...tland-airport-brawl/

They showed him some tolerance right there. Got to love those liberals, preach tolerance then gang up on some guy and knock him unconscious. Why are they allowing to block airports and cause this mayhem? There's got to be a law against hindering people traveling.

I'm so glad I stay far away from these morons, they or I would be in the hospital. That guy could have suffered concussion, TBI, or death from that. Is their silly little protest worth killing or seriously injuring someone? How can they sleep at night?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21122 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The Trump spokes person is smacking down the media and their stupid, leading, biased questions in this press conference.

343 - Never Forget

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Press: "Why did President Trump move up his SCOTUS announcement to tomorrow night?"

Spicer: "Because he wanted too."

Bwhhaaaaa!!!

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Is this the action of a new "ICE" ?

https://www.ice.gov/news/relea...y-after-detainer-was

NEW YORK — Officers with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) arrested a Mexican national Wednesday after he was released from local custody when a detainer lodged with New York authorities was not honored . The man, who had previously been removed, has a prior conviction for forcible theft armed with a deadly weapon.

Luis Alejandro Villegas, 31, was released from local custody Dec. 31, 2016, after being detained for driving while intoxicated. Villegas has a previous criminal conviction for robbery in the first degree, forcible theft with a deadly weapon for which he served five years’ imprisonment. Following his prison term, Villegas was removed from the United States in 2007 pursuant to a final order of removal.

ICE filed the detainer Dec. 31, 2016, with the New York Police Department in Manhattan, where he was detained while the DWI charge was pending. However, he was released from New York custody after authorities declined to honor the detainer. A criminal warrant was subsequently issued by the Southern District of New York (SDNY) for the illegal reentry of a removed alien.

ICE officers arrested Villegas Jan. 25 at the intersection of 111th Street and Park Avenue in New York. He was processed and later transported to federal court for an appearance before a judge. He is now in custody of the U.S. Marshals Service with charges pending.

It's a new day. Just right

Posts: 13582 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
One thing I'm really, really, enjoying, is the mental divide by zero going on with the Massholes. Their hate for Trump knows no limit, until they bump up against Tom Brady.

They can't figure out how to hate Tom Brady for not being rabidly anti-Trump. I mean, this is Tom-Frickin-Brady, greatest QB that ever walked the face of the planet.

They're saying that Brady has some 'splaining to do. How dare you have a MAGA hat in your locker? But, but, you're Brady (sigh).

Tee-hee!! They're spinning in mid-air like a cat with buttered-toast tied to its back.

Posts: 3046 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Report This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I just wish the media would stop calling Lindsey Graham and John Mcain republicans!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Report This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Trump spokes person is smacking down the media and their stupid, leading, biased questions in this press conference.

I like how he is prepared to call out any BS by the MSM.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Report This Post