SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
The funds for The Wall were appropriated by Congress years ago and sitting around untapped waiting to be spent on a wall.
I seriously doubt that those funds were "untapped" and that they still are intact.

flashguy

Yeah. No way there is $XX billion sitting around waiting that was spent before it was appropriated

Posts: 846 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oh snap!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^Nice!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
I wish!

Posts: 846 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
One thing I heard Cavuto mention was the way Trump announces and signs executive actions. While most presidents have an aid release the details and then pretty much just show the president signing Trump does it different. While people may have an idea what it is, Trump announces it, describes what it entails to the American people, and then signs it. All in public view. It kind of struck me that yea, he is taking the time to explain everything he is doing. It does seem a little different and I do like it.

The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
What's all this horseshit about using the endangered species act to stop the wall?

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The funds for The Wall were appropriated by Congress years ago and sitting around untapped waiting to be spent on a wall.
I seriously doubt that those funds were "untapped" and that they still are intact.

flashguy

From Breitbart last November:

quote:
Friday on Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) was optimistic about the prospects of President-elect Donald Trump being able to follow through with his campaign promises of a border wall.

Gohmert told “Fox & Friends” co-host Steve Doocy that there has been money already appropriated for the wall and that he was excited about the prospects of Trump “actually following the law.”

“It’s amazing what you can get Congress to do when you lead and push them in the right direction,” Gohmert said. “And actually, you know, we had appropriated money during the Bush administration that didn’t get spent for the wall. So, yeah, it’s going to be great to have somebody that’s actually following the law.”

“We’re going to be able to get this done,” he added. “It’s going to happen.”

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
So not only will Mexico pay for it, but the illegals themselves will build the wall.

This
Is
Genius

Just make sure they finish up on the Mexican side. Wink

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
What's all this horseshit about using the endangered species act to stop the wall?

I would expect dozens of lawsuits at multiple locations along the wall to be filed on a plethora of environmental claims. They will do their best to tie it up in court for years.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:

horseshit

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3124 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
is everyone ready for week 2 ?

posted Hide Post
Making America a better place and causing liberal heads to explode. Can it get any better?

Posts: 1106 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Since when has whether or not the money is there stopped the government from doing something if they set their minds to it? Should it matter, of course, but it rarely does.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
quote:

flashguy

From Breitbart last November:

quote:
Friday on Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) was optimistic about the prospects of President-elect Donald Trump being able to follow through with his campaign promises of a border wall.

Gohmert told “Fox & Friends” co-host Steve Doocy that there has been money already appropriated for the wall and that he was excited about the prospects of Trump “actually following the law.”

“It’s amazing what you can get Congress to do when you lead and push them in the right direction,” Gohmert said. “And actually, you know, we had appropriated money during the Bush administration that didn’t get spent for the wall. So, yeah, it’s going to be great to have somebody that’s actually following the law.”

“We’re going to be able to get this done,” he added. “It’s going to happen.”

Link

Appropriated just means they set aside as a budgeted item. We're deficit spending and have been for years, when he says untapped, that just means we were planning on spending money we don't have anyway. To say we have the money laying around is foolish at best...

This money is in a box right next to the empty one labelled "Social Security Trust Fund"...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.washingtonexaminer.....WIvS3oF7CYk.twitter

The Secret Service has placed the senior special agent who wrote a Facebook post decrying "taking a bullet" for Trump on administrative leave while the agency investigates her social media activities.

An agency spokeswoman on Friday afternoon informed the Washington Examiner of the management action, which takes the agent off the job with pay while the investigation proceeds.

The move is a sign that the agency is taking the investigation against Kerry O'Grady, the agent who wrote the Facebook post, seriously. Critics, however, question why it took the agency three months and a report in the Washington Examiner earlier this week for it to initiate the probe.

The Secret Service said its Office of Professional Responsibility, or RES, its main internal ethics entity, is investigating the matter. Joseph Clancy, the director of the Secret Service, sent an email to all employees Wednesday night notifying them of the formal probe, and asking them for "patience while the RES conducts their investigation."

posted Hide Post
If the Beast had won, she'd still be on a victory tour, Willie would be lining up interns for counseling, Clinton Foundation checks would be rolling in. Nightmare avoided.

Posts: 3645 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump on Friday signed an executive order that he said would provide a thorough vetting of refugees to ensure that terrorists cannot get into the United States.

"I'm establishing new vetting measures to keep radical Islamic terrorists out of the United States of America,” Trump said at a signing ceremony at the Pentagon.

"We don't want them here. We want to ensure that we are not admitting into our country the very threats our soldiers are fighting overseas. We only want to admit those into our country who support our country and love deeply our people."

The White House released text of the order on Friday evening, which indefinitely blocks refugees from war-torn Syria from entering the U.S. and suspends all refugee admissions for 120 days while the administration determines which countries pose the least risk.

It also caps total refugee admissions for fiscal year 2017 at 50,000 — less than half of the 110,000 proposed by President Obama.

Trump's order declares that the entry of Syrian refugees "is detrimental to the interests of the United States" and denies their entry "until such time as I have determined that sufficient changes have been made to the [U.S. Refugee Admissions Program] to ensure that admission of Syrian refugees is consistent with the national interest.

and another one:

President Trump on Friday afternoon signed an executive memorandum that he said would spark a "great rebuilding" of the United States military.

"First, I’m signing an executive action to begin a great rebuilding of the armed services of the United States, developing a plan for new planes, new ships new resources, and new tools for our men and women in uniform, and I’m very proud to be doing that," he said at the Pentagon.

The executive action calls on Trump's newly minted Defense secretary James Mattis — who was sworn in by Trump at the Pentagon on Friday — to conduct reviews and make recommendations aimed at bolstering the military and U.S. nuclear capabilities.

Mattis was instructed to conduct a 30-day “readiness review" of the armed forces to assess "readiness conditions, including training, equipment maintenance, munitions, modernization, and infrastructure" and submit a report about actions that can be implemented within the fiscal year.

The document also calls for a joint review from the Pentagon and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to craft a budget amendment that would boost military spending this year and give Mattis the ability to make changes to his agency’s budget proposal for 2018 within 90 days.

Mattis is also tasked with reviewing the United States' ballistic missile and nuclear systems to "ensure that the United States nuclear deterrent is modern, robust, flexible, resilient, ready, and appropriately tailored to deter 21st-century threats and reassure our allies."

http://thehill.com/policy/defe...dernize-nuke-arsenal

http://thehill.com/policy/nati...rder-to-vet-refugees

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

No! The winning! Too much! Getting sick of the winning! Smile

Hell yes I'm ready for week 2!!!!!!!! Cool

Posts: 1795 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

No! The winning! Too much! Getting sick of the winning! Smile

Hell yes I'm ready for week 2!!!!!!!! Cool

I think President Trump is kicking some real ass with a pen and phone. Oh, winning is cool. That is all.

Posts: 7670 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I can handle this much winning! Confused

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post