SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
In only a few days, Trump has made us question what-the-hell every other president was doing during their first weeks in office. Were they even trying?
So true.

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Queen invited The Donald and the First Lady for a visit later this year!

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
For our Sigforum metal fans. Crank your volume & enjoy. Big Grin

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/p46AXCtue9c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
Joint press conference between President Trump and PM May:

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Read somewhere that remittances from the US contributes to a significant cash influx to support the Mexican economy....

If the Mexican pres had any sense at all (not a safe bet), he would realize he just shot off his foot and crippled his horse. The Mexican economy wasn't all that great, and he just made sure it will get worse.

Based on everything Trump is saying, he has no way out. Manufacturing is leaving Mexico, and now the money that comes in is going to get tighter.

What choice does he have? He's in a no-win situation.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6896 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
In only a few days, Trump has made us question what-the-hell every other president was doing during their first weeks in office. Were they even trying?
So true.

Past Presidents haven't had as much to work with when taking office. No one before has left such a disaster.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
To think that President Stampyfeet was actually drawing a salary, and will continue to draw it for life, at our expense... for his 8 year vacation....

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Sigs are
my Panacea...
Picture of billpocz
posted Hide Post
What an amazing week it has been!!

The analogy that comes to mind is this:

President Trump to the media
is like -
A laser pointer to a cat!!

(Oh, look over here-crowd size, no, over here, illegal voters...)

And they keep falling for it!

--- Sig 365, 365XL, 245, P6

Posts: 2011 | Location: Rural Northeastern KY | Registered: May 07, 2009Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Read somewhere that remittances from the US contributes to a significant cash influx to support the Mexican economy.. I'd imagine that most of these remittances go thru services like Western Union, PayPal, etc. What if Trump taxes that? Would that be legal, especially since most of that money wasn't taxed as income anyway so it wouldn't be considered as double taxed? Though issues would exist for how the senders can prove that he paid income tax on those money already.

That definitely can pay for the wall.

"Mexico takes in about $2 billion a month in remittances.

The Bank of Mexico tracks how much the country receives in remittances on a monthly basis. In 2015, Mexico took in nearly $25 billion in total, including from countries besides the United States. But most of it was from the United States. (According to Pew Research, 98 percent of the remittances received in 2012 were from the U.S.)"
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.4c97bc7203ae

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Mexico takes in about $2 billion a month in remittances."

That's good info.
Yes, a 7% tax probably would cover the cost of building the wall... and it would largely be paid by illegals.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Slightly OT, I came across this 2014 report where Senators McCain and Graham argued that after the REPs gained control of the Senate, they should restore the rule that allowed filibusters on executive nominations.

This sums up why Republicans before Trump were so weak. The Democrats open up the neculear option and beat the Republicans with it. Now McClain and Graham basically suggest the Republicans end the nuclear option and let the Democrats filibuster tha nominees nations.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
quote:
Slightly OT, I came across this 2014 report where Senators McCain and Graham argued that after the REPs gained control of the Senate, they should restore the rule that allowed filibusters on executive nominations.

This sums up why Republicans before Trump were so weak. The Democrats open up the neculear option and beat the Republicans with it. Now McClain and Graham basically suggest the Republicans end the nuclear option and let the Democrats filibuster tha nominees nations.

That confirms what side of the aisle they are on Mad

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

That's good info.
Yes, a 7% tax probably would cover the cost of building the wall... and it would largely be paid by illegals.

So not only will Mexico pay for it, but the illegals themselves will build the wall.

This
Is
Genius

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
quote:

That confirms what side of the aisle they are on Mad

And I hope there are consequences!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

That's good info.

So not only will Mexico pay for it, but the illegals themselves will build the wall.

This
Is
Genius

90 or so percent would pay for more, as well as devalue their sent monies so much that it would make no sense to risk the penalty of coming here illegally.

With 90% we could staff the wall 24/7/365 with armed CBP officers every 75-100 yards.

Demoralize the illegals and devalue the contributions. Cut off all "aid". No more fancy meesles, bombas, or boolitz...they can pay for them (assuming they get some military/ arms aid as well as pure ca$h).

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
FearsomeDreadnaught, the first line of your post uses the word "barrier" when I think you meant "banner" (probably "help" from a spell-checker). "Banner" is used later in the post.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billpocz:
What an amazing week it has been!!

The analogy that comes to mind is this:

President Trump to the media
is like -
A laser pointer to a cat!!

(Oh, look over here-crowd size, no, over here, illegal voters...)

And they keep falling for it!

It's like that presser that Candidate Trump held to talk about zippy's birth certificate, which he did for about 10 seconds, and then for the next half hour or however long it was, Trump and his team talked about the VA and getting it fixed!

That was epic, and the Progs and the msm were howling and gnashing their teeth about it for days!

MAGA!!!!!

Posts: 3578 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimTheo:
Create enough doubt that Trump is speaking the truth so those on the fence won't believe the obvious facts?

Who exactly is on the fence? My own (limited) experience shows that there are really only 2 sides to this coin. I haven't personally seen anyone that was hemming and hawing about support for our President Trump. They are either steadfast in their support of him, as evidenced by the membership of our forum OR adamantly opposed, almost militantly! A week in and I haven't come across any that are anywhere near a "gray area" if there is one.

I fully believe that the reason President Trump was elected was a great deal of the parents and grandparents of the 20 something liberals are tired of hearing the pissing and moaning coming from their basements. You may in fact be correct in your assertion that the leftist media is trying to undermine President Trumps legitimacy but we already knew this, it's been their mission to destroy any president that opposes THEIR choice. Now we have a President that knows exactly how to handle such dumb-assery and he is further exposing them as whiny and pretentious dumb-asses.

Join the rest of us and relish in the fact that we can walk once again with our heads high and fear not the whiny little shits that so many have been avoiding, coddling, or outright caving to!

Posts: 2859 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I saw a clinton/kaine sign in the yard of some bitter liberals yesterday. Made me smile.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3625 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Join the rest of us and relish in the fact that we can walk once again with our heads high and fear not the whiny little shits that so many have been avoiding, coddling, or outright caving to!

Preach it!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3124 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Report This Post