SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
[IMG]
Who cares about Communist agents huddling?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
He is putting pressure on Sessions to see if he handles it or if he folds.

Sessions to announce investigations into intelligence leaks

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Sessions’ chief of staff, Jody Hunt, recently told White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus that the attorney general had no intention of resigning.

The tension between the two men has grown to the point that they are no longer even speaking to one another. Instead, they are communicating through aides.

The split has even divided the White House against itself. According to Politico,

Inside the White House, a heated battle has broken out over Sessions’ future. His supporters, led by Steve Bannon, are trying to walk Trump “down from the brink,” according to one.

http://theresurgent.com/trump-...on-grows-even-worse/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
He is putting pressure on Sessions to see if he handles it or if he folds. He's giving him a chance to see if he comes around or turns on him. He will either shape up quickly or he will be fired. Trump's not a politician.

Also from Scaramucci (can he do the fandango?) today:

Scaramucci: Trump's Staff Needs Tougher Exterior

New Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci has advice for those who work for the oftentimes bombastic and aggressive President Trump: get tough. The attorney general, in particular.

“Stay tough,” he suggested. “The president likes tough people. The president likes fighters. We want to fight for the right reasons."

That may explain why Trump has become so disenchanted with his attorney general. Sessions bowed to media pressure and recused himself from the Russia investigation once it came to light he had met with a Russian official during the presidential campaign. The president saw the recusal as a sign of weakness. He also remains frustrated that Sessions has not been aggressive enough in shutting down leaks coming out of the White House, and looking into Hillary Clinton's alleged crimes.

The president has ratcheted up his frustration against the attorney general in recent days, calling Sessions “beleaguered” on Twitter and even suggesting to the Wall Street Journal that the former senator probably only endorsed him during the campaign because he was impressed by the crowds he drew.

Scaramucci said Wednesday that he would let Sessions and Trump handle their quarrel, choosing to offer his observations from afar.

“He’s trying to signal to people I need your loyalty,” Scaramucci said.

Once again, he urged Trump's staff be "tough" and "loyal," adding that the president will reward anyone who expresses their opinion and "has confidence" in themselves.

He couldn’t say whether Trump is planning to fire Sessions – and frankly, neither could the president. When he was asked about a potential staff shakeup at a joint press conference with the prime minister of Lebanon Tuesday, Trump said, “we will see.”

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Love this guy already.

"D.C. is the kind of town where people are very nice to your face, but then stab you in the back. I'm more of a front-stabbing person."

-WH Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci, on Fox & Friends program, 7/26/17

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Once again, Trump plays the Democrats(both the elected and their media surrogates) like a fine Stradivarius.

lol- I love it!

quote:

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Nothing...NOTHING would make me happier than to see the investigation into Hillary reopened with some teeth behind it. No dog and pony show where the outcome is predetermined but a real investigation that gets this bitch sweating like Porky Pig on slaughter day!

Makes her so scared she flees the country and is pursued to the end of her days like a Nazi war criminal!

Now that would be real swamp draining! You deal with her and the rest of DC falls in line guaranteed! Not to mention much of this Russia bullshit and other attacks on Trump would taper off drastically. The media is a fickle bitch if Hillary's blood is in the water they will be attracted like sharks.

If Trump seriously wants this investigation to happen and Sessions won't do it or is dragging his feet kick him to the curb.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Also from Scaramucci (can he do the fandango?)

Smile

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am getting a bit more impressed with "mooch"!! Time will tell, but one either performs, or you are out!! The AG may well have investigations going on about a lot of topics, without anyone knowing......I sure do hope so, because I still like this fella, and think that he can do the job the DJT wants and NEEDS.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
DOJ/ICE should announce they are doubling (or tripling) immigration enforcement in sanctuary jurisdictions. That all leniency programs such as DACA will be suspended within those same uncooperative jurisdictions, and they will begin aggressively enforcing against non-criminals as well as the criminals illegal aliens.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Someone on another board intimated that Scaramucci is very anti-gun. Does anyone know about that?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Someone on another board intimated that Scaramucci is very anti-gun. Does anyone know about that?

flashguy

Newly appointed White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci has posted his support for stringent gun-control laws – a position that would be at odds with President Trump’s views.

“I have always been for strong gun control laws,” Scaramucci tweeted after the December 2012 shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., in which 20 kids were gunned down.

In August 2012, he tweeted: “We (the USA) has 5% of the world’s population but 50% of the world’s guns. Enough is enough. It is just common sense it apply more controls.”

http://nypost.com/2017/07/21/s...vanish-from-twitter/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

Aww. . .shit. Here are some pertinent links to Scaramucci's anti-gun views:

• from Slate LINK1

• from NY Post LINK2

• from Washington Times LINK3

Thanks,

Sap
  •  
    Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
    Picture of olfuzzy
    posted Hide Post
    This is not going to set well with our President.

House Speaker Paul Ryan has been telling colleagues that the White House plan to cut the corporate tax rate to 15 percent from its current rate of 35 percent is not practicable, FOX Business has learned.

Ryan (R-Wis.), according to congressional aides who spoke on the condition of anonymity, has explained to various House members in recent days that he considers a more reasonable corporate tax rate to fall somewhere between 20 percent and 25 percent because it will have less of an impact on the nation’s budget deficit.

The United States has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world; many economists believe companies have chosen to domicile in countries where the rate is much lower, such as Ireland, thus depriving the nation of much-needed jobs.

But Ryan, a long-time deficit hawk, believes any tax reform measure of this kind should be mindful of its impact on the budget deficit, currently at $88 billion. While lower corporate taxes should spur economic growth and increase tax revenues in the long run, the immediate impact of cutting rates could widen the deficit before the stimulus of lower taxes kicks in.

A spokeswoman for Ryan did not return calls for comment.

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, President Donald Trump on Tuesday reiterated his desire to bring the corporate rate down to 15 percent -- a move he believes will create jobs for the middle class. He said his tax plan may also force higher-income people to pay more income taxes through closing of loopholes, while the middle class enjoys a tax cut.

“The people I care most about are the middle-income people in this country, who have gotten screwed. And if there’s upward revision it’s going to be on high-income people,” Trump said.

It’s unclear how much of a tax increase the wealthiest Americans, could be hit with in the Trump tax plan.

A White House spokeswoman did not return emails for comment.

Steve Moore, a distinguished visiting fellow at The Heritage Foundation and an outside adviser for the Trump administration on tax reform, tells FOX Business that despite Ryan’s comments, economic advisers inside the Trump White House are still pushing for the corporate tax rate to be cut to 15 percent.

“I think it’s been Paul Ryan saying that we can’t make that big of a cut but I believe President Trump and the White House will be pushing ahead with a 15 percent cut,” Moore said.

Moore and conservative economist Larry Kudlow created a tax plan of their own during the 2016 presidential campaign that then-candidate Trump used as a blueprint for his own tax reform agenda.

Still, Ryan as House Speaker, is a major player in tax reform negotiations. He’s a member of what’s known on Capitol Hill as the “big six” tax group who have been meeting every week since the start of the new Congress to discuss how to reform the tax code while determining cuts to the individual and corporations.

The group also includes Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee Kevin Brady (R-Texas), Senate Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), Senator Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), as well as National Economic Council Director Gary Cohn and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

Earlier this month, Hatch echoed Ryan’s uncertainty about being able to cut the corporate tax rate to 15 percent in an interview with FOX Business, saying that while it would be wonderful if the federal corporate tax rate could be lowered to 15 percent, comprise might be needed. “I think the President has probably come off of that particular figure” he said adding that a corporate tax rate between 20 percent and 25 percent would turn the U.S. economy around overnight.

Meanwhile, according to Politico, the group is expected to release a broad brush tax reform plan on Friday before Congress leaves for its August recess. It’s expected to be more of a messaging document versus a detailed policy proposal and is meant to present a unified front on tax reform between the White House and Republican Congressional leaders.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/pol...s-rep-paul-ryan.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
    always with a hat or sunscreen
    Picture of bald1
    posted Hide Post
    Ryan needs to be keelhauled out of office at the soonest opportunity. What a POS! Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
    USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
    Assault Accountant
    Picture of 12GA
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by SapperSteel:
    quote:

flashguy

Aww. . .shit. Here are some pertinent links to Scaramucci's anti-gun views:

• from Slate LINK1

• from NY Post LINK2

• from Washington Times LINK3

• If he's not making decisions about gun control, WTF do I care what he thinks. Go get 'em Scar!

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Report This Post
    Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
    posted Hide Post
    Memo to Rep. Paul Ryan:

Corporations do not pay taxes, we consumers do as companies merely pass/include their taxes in the prices we consumers pay when we buy from them.

A corporate tax is a tax on consumers.
    Got it?
    This isn't rocket surgery.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
    So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
    Baroque Bloke
    Picture of Pipe Smoker
    posted Hide Post
    Foxconn to build $10B plant in Wisconsin.

"'He [President Trump] said, "That land should be used,'' ' Priebus said. 'So when Foxconn came into the White House, into the Oval Office, the president said, "I know a good spot that you should go to, that place in Kenosha.'' '

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...cement-expected.html

Edit: Ah. I now see that there's a separate thread for this news.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post