SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci said he will fire a suspected leaker, Michael Short.

Michael Short just tweeted "I have resigned"

It would be Scaramucci’s first step toward shaking up the communications shop, which has been dominated by former Republican National Committee staffers loyal to White House chief of staff Reince Priebus, a former RNC chairman.

Scaramucci warned that Short would be the first of many, if he’s not able to stop the leaks coming out of the communications and press shop.

“I’m committed to taking the comms shop down to Sarah [Huckabee Sanders] and me, if I can’t get the leaks to stop,” Scaramucci told POLITICO.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-plug-leaks-n2359623

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

“I’m committed to taking the comms shop down to Sarah [Huckabee Sanders] and me, if I can’t get the leaks to stop,” Scaramucci told POLITICO.

I really like this guy, he sounds like someone who doesn't fuck around one bit. No wonder Trump hired him!

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci said he will fire a suspected leaker, Michael Short.

Michael Short just tweeted "I have resigned"

It would be Scaramucci’s first step toward shaking up the communications shop, which has been dominated by former Republican National Committee staffers loyal to White House chief of staff Reince Priebus, a former RNC chairman.

Scaramucci warned that Short would be the first of many, if he’s not able to stop the leaks coming out of the communications and press shop.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-plug-leaks-n2359623

How can a press guy be a leaker? He's supposed to provide pres info.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I'm surprised at you, JALLEN. You can't be serious. Because of his position as a liason to the press, this means that any information he provides to them is sanctioned? You are smarter than that and more experienced that that. You know better.

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Rod Rosenstein should at least put limits on what Mueller's investigation can look into. Otherwise, he can just keep fishing with a wide net until he turns up something.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

I really like this guy, he sounds like someone who doesn't fuck around one bit. No wonder Trump hired him!

Seriously. I feel like the more this kind of thing happens, the more it's in line with what Trump's base expects to happen.

Personally, I'm a bit surprised that there hasn't been more targeted information releases, in order to trap the leaker. Like wording changes on memos issued so that when stuff gets leaked, you know exactly which person that particular memo was issued to. It's an old trick and works pretty well.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9158 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Give 'em ten kinds of Hell. My kind of guy. Come out swinging, and don't stop.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I'm surprised at you, JALLEN. You can't be serious. Because of his position as a liason to the press, this means that any information he provides to them is sanctioned? You are smarter than that and more experienced that that. You know better.

It's an irregular verb.

I give confidential press briefings.

You leak.

He is in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 793.

How can a blind man be a look out?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't know what you're talking about.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really like this guy, he sounds like someone who doesn't fuck around one bit

This has been President Trump's biggest challenge. Trying to find such people. And he has been often disappointed, as with Sessions. Sessions was an early supporter-- when it was wildly unpopular-- and Trump took that as an indication that he would come out swinging-- at Hillary, for one. Instead he recused himself on Russia when that was the personally safe thing to do, and has done squat with Hillary.

In time, he'll find the right people.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^
And the continual harping from the left and their support from the "right" that Trump is "only pandering to his base" and should be more interested in moving to the left in order to bring in the left and be all inclusive.

Screw that.

Compromise such as this thought is not what this country needs.

Like a burn victim, it needs debridement, no matter the pain or outcry.

It is necessary for survival.

Lest it require "amputation", at a later date.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Decision "Soon" on Whether Sessions Will Stay or Go...
AFP news agency ✔
@AFP

#BREAKING Decision 'soon' on fate of US attorney general Sessions: White House
10:49 AM - 25 Jul 2017

Trump seems to be pressuring Sessions to either un-recuse himself and end the Mueller probe or resign so he can appoint someone new who will end the Mueller probe.

The first seems impossible -- Sessions has declared himself conflicted on that issue -- and the latter seems no more likely.

Kurt Schlicter lays out the case for Trump to just fire Mueller himself -- the right way -- here:

Trump must eventually fire Robert Mueller, a partisan tool carrying water for his Establishment pals as he oversees an utterly corrupt “investigation” where the only person we actually know committed any wrongdoing is his bestest buddy Jim Comey. But Trump can’t just lash out and do it, though it is well within his political and moral right to do so. No, he’s got to do it cleverly, with cunning, in a way that shows the American people exactly why Mueller’s witch hunt is a flaming dumpster fire of conflicts of interest and contempt for the right of normal Americans to have a say in their own governance.

Trump has to set the stage before he pulls the trigger and puts the coup de grace into the temple of this appalling fiasco. He has to do it so the American people will see and understand why ending this idiocy is so absolutely necessary to preserve our Republic despite the mainstream media’s best effort to hide the truth.

Trump needs to seize the initiative from Leaky Bob. You know, I keep hearing how Mueller was this squared-away Marine officer, but through these incessant leaks his organization demonstrates a complete lack of both integrity and discipline. Mueller seems unwilling or unable to exercise any kind of leadership over his team of Hillary donors, or to instill a culture of seriousness and impartiality. The continuing misconduct of his out-of-control, ever-expanding fiefdom demonstrates that he must be relieved of command. And here’s the letter the president should send to him to set the stage to do it....

Huh, maybe Trump should name Schlichter as attorney general. He is a lawyer and an Army cavalry Colonel. Colonels get promoted to general all the time.

https://townhall.com/columnist...res-mueller-n2358768

BTW: IBD also argues that Mueller's decision to grant himself additional jurisdiction -- and go outside his appointed ambit to search for whatever financial irregularities he can find -- is an automatic firing offense and should be treated as exactly that.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I love how the media is like 'He...he...he can't fire Sessions or Mueller, he just can't...'

Trump: You're fired.

It's been like that all along...he can't win the primary, he can't win the election, he can't hire this or that person, he can't get rid of that person, he can't cut those regulations, he can't say that, he can't keep using Twitter, he can't go speak at rallies, he can't, he can't...

Trump: Watch me.

Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The vote in the Senate is 45-2. It looks like no Dem's voted, which prevents there being a tie.

Collins and Murkowski are the noes.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Now 48-2. No Dems voting.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
I love how the media is like 'He...he...he can't fire Sessions or Mueller, he just can't...'

Trump: You're fired.

It's been like that all along...he can't win the primary, he can't win the election, he can't hire this or that person, he can't get rid of that person, he can't cut those regulations, he can't say that, he can't keep using Twitter, he can't go speak at rallies, he can't, he can't...

Trump: Watch me.

Big Grin

Scaramucci on how he will stop leaks: "I"ll fire everybody!"

Big Grin

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...fire-everybody.html?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
awaiting votes from McCain and Johnson (WI)

if a business ran w the inefficiency of the Senate, it would go out of business in a month

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
awaiting votes from McCain and Johnson (WI)

if a business ran w the inefficiency of the Senate, it would go out of business in a month

At least there is something to be thankful for!

I'm not sure an efficient Senate would be a good thing.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
McCain and Johnson vote yes.

50/50 tie

awaiting VP Pence to break it.

Murkowski and Collins. Man I hope they get primaried.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
McCain and Johnson vote yes.

50/50 tie

awaiting VP Pence to break it.

Murkowski and Collins. Man I hope they get primaried.

Murkowski was just reelected. Snow's term runs in 2020.