SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
51-50

Was it theatrics or "good ol' boy payback" to keep McCain "relevent"?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
When it is that close, every one of them is "relevent."

I do believe that these things don't happen by accident, that they are managed to avoid disgrace as much as possible.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
When it is that close, every one of them is "relevent."

I do believe that these things don't happen by accident, that they are managed to avoid disgrace as much as possible.

Still relevant, McCain gave a graceful speech.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the tumor removal will straighten out his thought process.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I find it interesting that Trump is throwing Sessions under the bus. He was Trump's earliest supporter and arguably gave his campaign traction.

I don't disagree with him doing so as I find Sessions to be a weak and ineffective man (these are not qualities to look for in a AG). I just find it interesting.

I find it interesting too. It makes me wonder whether it is real and the AG is likely to get walking papers soon, or whether this is something shiny the President is dangling to get the LSM all spun up while he goes off and gets a bunch more done. I haven't a clue which it is, but I am sure I'll find out in the fullness of time. I have every faith that our man in charge of cleaning out the swamp has a plan and has things under control.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Donald Trump is a businessman trying to get results.

Does that make more sense to the confused amongst us now?

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
I find it interesting that Trump is throwing Sessions under the bus. He was Trump's earliest supporter and arguably gave his campaign traction.

I don't disagree with him doing so as I find Sessions to be a weak and ineffective man (these are not qualities to look for in a AG). I just find it interesting.

I find it interesting too. It makes me wonder whether it is real and the AG is likely to get walking papers soon, or whether this is something shiny the President is dangling to get the LSM all spun up while he goes off and gets a bunch more done. I haven't a clue which it is, but I am sure I'll find out in the fullness of time. I have every faith that our man in charge of cleaning out the swamp has a plan and has things under control.

The media and pundits are still looking at Trump like they look at politicians. He can't do this, he can't do that.

He's not a politician, he's a CEO who expects results...period.

He is putting pressure on Sessions to see if he handles it or if he folds. He's giving him a chance to see if he comes around or turns on him. He will either shape up quickly or he will be fired. Trump's not a politician.

<Oops...I was typing as Para posted>

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
quote:

The media and pundits are still looking at Trump like they look at politicians. He can't do this, he can't do that.

He is putting pressure on Sessions to see if he handles it or if he folds. He's giving him a chance to see if he comes around or turns on him. He will either shape up quickly or he will be fired. Trump's not a politician.

He's not a Republican nor Democrat rah, rah, rah either. Party and philosophy may not mesh in ordinary traditional terms.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Still relevant, McCain gave a graceful speech.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...care-vote/508685001/
quote:
Standing in the well of the Senate with the surgical scar over his left eyebrow clearly visible, McCain urged his colleagues to "stop listening to the bombastic loudmouths" on radio, television and the Internet who rail against compromise. "To hell with them!" McCain said.

No Senator, to hell with you.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Donald Trump is a businessman trying to get results.

Does that make more sense to the confused amongst us now?

My apologies for appearing confused. I am sure you are right.

I have just seen so many instances where our President has had the LSM and the Dims chasing shiny things while getting stuff done elsewhere that I no longer assume that I know what he is doing. I have every confidence that he is doing the right thing, and that sometimes it will make me laugh to learn that he was playing chess while the LSM and the Dims where still chewing on the checkerboard.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ha! He is the poster child for the expression, "If you think it is impossible, sit down, shut up, and watch while I do it." Big Grin

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Trump is putting the hard squeeze on Sessions so he can get someone in for AG who will NOT recuse regarding the Russia investigation. Sessions' days are numbered imo.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Look at the crowd from Trump"s perspective at the Boy Scout Jamoboree, of course not one mention in any on the MSM's outlets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNJMbGfkfnM

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Democrat blackmail

http://www.politico.com/story/...lth-care-bill-240939

Senate Democrats have dragged out confirmations for even the least controversial nominees while the chamber remained mired in the health care debate. But they’re pledging to drop their blockade if the GOP’s Obamacare repeal effort fails , according to senior Democratic sources.

In recent weeks, the Senate has slowed to a crawl, taking days to process nominees such as a federal judge from Idaho and the second-ranking official at the Pentagon as a protest of sorts against the Republicans’ secretive health care drafting process. The GOP also claims that Democrats aren’t negotiating on a budget deal, veterans’ legislation and Food and Drug Administration fees until the Obamacare debate is over.

But Democrats plan to work with Republicans for a deal on the dozens of nominations lingering on the floor once the GOP's partisan health push ends, according to Democratic senators and aides.

“Mitch McConnell put reconciliation on the table hours after the session started and it has really tainted all of our efforts,” Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said in an interview. “When he is prepared to return to regular order, I think we are going to have a much more cooperative Senate.”

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Democrat blackmail

Senate Democrats have dragged out confirmations for even the least controversial nominees while the chamber remained mired in the health care debate. But they’re pledging to drop their blockade if the GOP’s Obamacare repeal effort fails , according to senior Democratic sources.

In recent weeks, the Senate has slowed to a crawl, taking days to process nominees such as a federal judge from Idaho and the second-ranking official at the Pentagon as a protest of sorts against the Republicans’ secretive health care drafting process. The GOP also claims that Democrats aren’t negotiating on a budget deal, veterans’ legislation and Food and Drug Administration fees until the Obamacare debate is over.

But Democrats plan to work with Republicans for a deal on the dozens of nominations lingering on the floor once the GOP's partisan health push ends, according to Democratic senators and aides.

“Mitch McConnell put reconciliation on the table hours after the session started and it has really tainted all of our efforts,” Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said in an interview. “When he is prepared to return to regular order, I think we are going to have a much more cooperative Senate.”

They admit it, it is war, no quarter asked by them. Single payer, all or nothing!

McCain might as well have given his speech in a cornfield today.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, sir!

quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
I would just hope that this is not going to be a partisan issue.

Says the former communist party member and bitter partisan.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Democrat blackmail

They admit it, it is war, no quarter asked by them. Single payer, all or nothing!

McCain might as well have given his speech in a cornfield today.

I am personally tired of listening to the left. The whole "secretive" health care plan? They were the ones that were the party of "Pass it to see what's in it". But, admitting hypocrisy has never been their strong suit.

The blockade is their entire plan for the next three years. Keep up the pressure on Trump, make allegations, and make big deals out of things that there is nothing to. It's easy when you have Pravda on your side.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
have you noticed that every time someone testifies to a congressional committee, there is some DEM like Feinstein or Schiff who keeps going on and on that they agreed to come back for even more questioning.

Yes, they plan to stretch this out throughout the entire Trump administration.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I am personally tired of listening to the left. The whole "secretive" health care plan? They were the ones that were the party of "Pass it to see what's in it". But, admitting hypocrisy has never been their strong suit.

The blockade is their entire plan for the next three years. Keep up the pressure on Trump, make allegations, and make big deals out of things that there is nothing to. It's easy when you have Pravda on your side.

We must have gone through something like this during slavery, when everything was measured by its perceived impact on the "noble institution." If it was seen as deterring slavery, one side as against it, irredeemably. If it promoted slavery, the other side was. There were compromises along the way, destabilizing other aspects of our political development, pressure continued to build until it blew.

Libs must have it, conservatives will not.

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I sure hope we don't lose this guy Razz

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department says it won’t give cities some law enforcement grant money unless they give federal immigration authorities access to jails and alert them when someone facing deportation will be released from local custody.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions unrolled the new conditions Tuesday, escalating his promised crackdown on so-called sanctuary cities. Under old rules, cities seeking grant money needed only to show that they weren’t prohibiting local law enforcement from communicating with immigration authorities.

Police use the money for everything from bulletproof vests to body cameras.

Sessions unveiled the policy amid speculation about whether he will retain his job following President Donald Trump’s blistering public criticism for recusing himself from the Russia probe. Sessions and Trump had bonded during the campaign, largely over shared hardline views on illegal immigration.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/...on-sanctuary-cities/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post