SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5928 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Genuine insanity. Just watch. Calling this blather 'incoherent' is very kind.

Posts: 109261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Sorry Bill, I have still something caught in my throat - you'll have to get Monica do that.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
As with much of o's 2 terms, he did nothing, more leading from behind.

Obama should have done more to counter Russia's election meddling, top Dem says

Rep. Adam Schiff, the top-ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said Sunday the Obama administration should have done more to counter Russia’s meddling in the U.S. election.

"I think the administration needed to call out Russia earlier, needed to act to deter and punish Russia earlier, and that was a very serious mistake," Schiff, of California, said in a televised interview with CNN.

Schiff added that President Barack Obama may have been worried that doing more against Russia would have looked like he was “trying to tip the scales for Hillary Clinton” and did not want to give in to the notion that the election was “rigged” against Donald Trump, according to The Hill.

President Trump criticized Obama earlier Sunday for allegedly doing “nothing” about reports that Russia interfered in last year’s presidential campaign.

“I just heard today for the first time that (former President) Obama knew about Russia a long time before the election, and he did nothing about it,” he said on “Fox & Friends Weekend.” “The CIA gave him information on Russia a long time before the election. … If he had the information, why didn't he do something about it?”

Trump suggested the media has underreported the story, while it has rigorously pursued allegations that his team colluded with Russia during the 2016 race, in which he upset Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

The Washington Post reported Friday that the [b]Obama administration hesitated to act[/] on and speak about information it was given about Russia’s interference in the election.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ng-top-dem-says.html

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Ex: Those of faith and particularly those who are anti abortion object (to put it lightly) to their tax dollars being used to fund such thing's that go against their beliefs. See: Planned Parenthood drama. A position, BTW, that I agree with even though I support PP, broadly.

Likewise, those who are not of such religious inclinations object to *their* tax dollars being spent to fund things of a religious nature, wheher it be religious schools or anything else of a faith based nature.

Neither should have to pay for the other, ever. You (the universal) don't want to bake a gay cake, I don't want to have to pay for new pews or playgrounds, and so on. *That's* liberty.

It's as simple as that.

That Churches and other religions institutions also avoid a *tremendous* amount of taxes that everyone else has to pay is just icing on the cake, and when combined with the idea that they also want some tax dollars in a direct sense, is too much. *Way* too much.

Anyway. That's that. Carry on. Smile

SCOTUS agreed that you can't exclude groups based on religion. Another win for libertarian principles.

quote:
Roberts writes that, although the state's policy "is nothing so dramatic as the denial of political office," "the exclusion of Trinity Lutheran from a public benefit for which it is otherwise qualified, solely because it is a church, is odious to our Constitution all the same, and cannot stand."

Only the 2 left wing loonies Sotomayor and Ginsburg dissented on this - pretty clear and obvious decision. The constitution is pretty clear on this.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
News on the travel ban before SCOTUS:

quote:
The justices did NOT act on the travel ban this morning. We don't know whether there will be anything later on. There is another conference today, so they could act on it tomorrow. And it is possible that the justices could act on the stay -- that is, the government's request to reinstate the ban -- later on today. But it is not likely that the justices will act on the government's petition to review the lower court's rulings putting the travel ban on hold.

http://www.scotusblog.com/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

SCOTUS agreed that you can't exclude groups based on religion. Another win for libertarian principles.

quote:
Roberts writes that, although the state's policy "is nothing so dramatic as the denial of political office," "the exclusion of Trinity Lutheran from a public benefit for which it is otherwise qualified, solely because it is a church, is odious to our Constitution all the same, and cannot stand."

Only the 2 left wing loonies Sotomayor and Ginsburg dissented on this - pretty clear and obvious decision. The constitution is pretty clear on this.

Excellent. A case like this though should've been 9-0.

The 7-2 decision is still encouraging however.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30958 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I just heard today for the first time that (former President) Obama knew about Russia a long time before the election, and he did nothing about it,”

stop and think about that

here is the Wash Post article that triggered President Trump's comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.b1d6f1868c9a

The article is long and detailed, and chock full of BS.

But if the Russian interference was

"In political terms, Russia’s interference was the crime of the century, an unprecedented and largely successful destabilizing attack on American democracy.”

as the Post article states, and Obama didn't discuss this with President Trump after the election and during the transition process?

also from the Post article (propaganda):

"A week later, in one of Obama’s final news briefings, he expressed irritation that such a consequential election “came to be dominated by a bunch of these leaks.” He scolded news organizations for an “obsession” with titillating material about the Democrats that had dominated coverage."

"obsession with titillating material about the Democrats that had dominated coverage."

now that's funny

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
More on travel ban before SCOTUS:

quote:
"The clerk is directed to set a briefing schedule that will permit the cases to be heard during the first session of October Term 2017."

I can't believe they put this off for another 4 months.

- John Adams

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
More on travel ban before SCOTUS:

quote:
"The clerk is directed to set a briefing schedule that will permit the cases to be heard during the first session of October Term 2017."

I can't believe they put this off for another 4 months.

But the stay is lifted substantially, with some exceptions.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
link

Travel Ban reinstated

WASHINGTON (AP) _ The Supreme Court is letting the Trump administration enforce its 90-day ban on travelers from six mostly Muslim countries, overturning lower court orders that blocked it.

The action Monday is a victory for President Donald Trump in the biggest legal controversy of his young presidency.

Trump said last week that the ban would take effect 72 hours being cleared by courts.

The justices will hear arguments in the case in the fall.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2718 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Are there any real consequence for lower courts or judges when the Supremes reverse them?

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17574 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Are there any real consequence for lower courts or judges when the Supremes reverse them?

No.

Well, there is a conference attended by all sitting judges each year. The judges who suffered a reversal have to wear a dunce hat, they have to sit in the back of the meeting hall, and the other judges laugh at and mock them. A vote is taken to award the dumbass trophy in each state/court. Very humiliating.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

No.

Well, there is a conference attended by all sitting judges each year. The judges who suffered a reversal have to wear a dunce hat, they have to sit in the back of the meeting hall, and the other judges laugh at and mock them. A vote is taken to award the dumbass trophy in each state/court. Very humiliating.

That's what I thought. There are going to be a lot of dunce caps awarded this year.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17574 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Genuine insanity. Just watch. Calling this blather 'incoherent' is very kind.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RcujVF9a9vk" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Donahue needs a 72 month psych evaluation.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32120 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

No.

That's what I thought. There are going to be a lot of dunce caps awarded this year.

Wish this were the case.

They should be publicly ridiculed as in the old days.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20399 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:

Napolitano just said on Fox Business that this was a UNANIMOUS DECISION.

Suck that liberal obstructionists! Bitter isn't it?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20399 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Napolitano just said on Fox Business that this was a UNANIMOUS DECISION.

Even the left-wingers can't ignore what the law says. It probably pained them to have to do it. The whole thing was based on emotion and what Trump said as a candidate, not facts.

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
It was Per Curiam which means that all justices joined in the basic decision.

However, Justices Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch did not agree with all of the carve outs put in place pending the appeal being heard.

It was a very practical partial dissent found at page 14 of 16 of the PDF found Here.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post