SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
SDY,
You have the best network of little birds anywhere Smile

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
mbinky,

it is simple. just have to follow the links

Here is the blog report

http://hotair.com/archives/201...email-investigation/

in the first paragraph, it shows a link to "press release"

that takes you to

https://www.grassley.senate.go...stifle-clinton-email

at the bottom of the above link are the 4 pdf letters

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the 5th republican has come out against the health care bill

what can we dig up on this slut (and the other four as well) and force them to vote yes?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Why should they vote yes on Obamacare light and get it changed to "Trumpcare" and the Repubs then own its failure into perpetuity? I believe I heard it from McConnell this morning; They are going to get the input from the Senate and the bill will get amended, then they hope to have a vote on the amended version in July.

I want that POS amended because the 4 holdouts are the ones pushing for it to actually make sense.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
I want that POS amended because the 4 holdouts are the ones pushing for it to actually make sense

Me also,That piece of trash got a yoke on the working people for now to domes day,tax payers get hosed.
atleast we have four that think it is a POS

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
the 5th republican has come out against the health care bill

what can we dig up on this slut (and the other four as well) and force them to vote yes?

How about we get them to pass something that isn't crap? I want more to vote no. The President doesn't need that RINO bill attached to him.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
unfortunately I think this is as good as it gets

this is the result of 8 years of hard work behind the scenes crafting legislation on the slim chance that at some point in the future they would control three out of four offices...oh wait...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:

this is the result of 8 years of hard work behind the scenes crafting legislation on the slim chance that at some point in the future they would control three out of four offices...oh wait...

Very strongly disagree, nhtagmember. "As good as it gets" would be a simple repeal of The Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare.

We do NOT need or want a replacement. Just repeal the abomination and let the market fill the void.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Not that complicated. Put the able bodied back to work and off the dole. Trump is already doing a good job of job creation. Let employer subsidized health care take care of it like it always did. Get employers back to competing for quality labor which is how employer subsidized health care came into being.
Rehab Medicare. Eliminate all the fraud and pay the medical facilities what the health care is worth and pay them on time.

Then you separate those who need public assistance from those who want public assistance. Welfare and public assistance offices are abolished and replaced with employment offices.
You don't go to apply for food stamps you apply for job seeking assistance. You also take a drug test. You test positive you go to rehab. Because we all want to help you through your time of need. It's just a cry for help right?

If you are unable to work you get assistance. All you need.

That's my king for a day post! Big Grin

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
quote:
I want that POS amended because the 4 holdouts are the ones pushing for it to actually make sense

Me also,That piece of trash got a yoke on the working people for now to domes day,tax payers get hosed.
atleast we have four that think it is a POS

+1

This is not something to rush into, this is something to get right.

Yes, they should have been working on that for the 7 years. But you play the cards as dealt.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Judicial Watch first reported this, now:

House intelligence committee sources say career officials at the National Security Council are slow-walking the delivery of subpoenaed records on former National Security Adviser Susan E. Rice’s handling of classified information and the “unmasking” of Trump campaign workers — material from the Russian hacking probe that middle-level NSC managers claim was transferred to President Obama’s library and could “remain closed to the public for five years.”

One source, speaking only on the condition of anonymity, called the transfer curious and appeared to reflect an effort by former administration officials to obscure evidence on whether Ms. Rice and other top officials in the Obama White House illegally tried to identify which Trump campaign and transition aides had been caught up in the U.S. intelligence intercepts of Russian interference in the presidential race.

The two high-level intelligence committee sources told The Washington Times that they are confident the panel’s investigators, despite the delays, will eventually get their hands on the records shipped to a heavily secure archive for Mr. Obama’s yet-to-be-built presidential library.

http://hotair.com/headlines/ar...ed-in-obama-archive/

We need to start firing the slow walkers
We need some attitude adjustment

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
"As good as it gets" would be a simple repeal of The Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare.

We do NOT need or want a replacement. Just repeal the abomination and let the market fill the void.

This exactly.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Very strongly disagree, nhtagmember. "As good as it gets" would be a simple repeal of The Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare.

I have to agree. The battle cry of the looney left is eleventy billion people are going to go without coverage if passed. Problem is, if the President and Congress do nothing, eleventy billion people are going to be without coverage. Barrycare is crushing under its own weight. These people are going to be out of coverage no matter what. Their cry "people will die"? Well, guess what? People are going to die either way.

Repeal it. Repeal it all. Socialized healthcare is truly the bus that is going off of the cliff. The right just wants to slow it down as it goes over from 100 mph to 40.

We are broke. We can not afford any kind of healthcare bill. All of the bluster and bull associated with this is crazy. I love how the dems are crying about the "secrecy" of the bill. The conveniently forget that they were the ones that said "we have to pass it to see what was in it" the last time. Roll Eyes

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

As sound as this seems, the politics of it are awful.

The God Damned Commies are hyperventilating now over the proposed bill, how mean it is, how millions will die, maybe as many as 93 million a day in Virginia alone.

Every media outlet, TV, radio, newspaper would go into warp drive 24/7 on this, the handwringing, the wailing, the gloom and doom, would be insurmountable. Think "Repeal of the Second Amendment!"

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The God Damned Commies are hyperventilating now over the proposed bill, how mean it is, how millions will die, maybe as many as 93 million a day in Virginia alone.

Which is exactly what they will do if we actually repeal the thing.... so we might as well not do Obamacare Lite.

Besides, if it kills as many as 93 million a day in Virginia alone it won't take long to shut them all up. The population of Virginia is about 8.5 million, so about 2 hours should do it, right? Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
"As good as it gets" would be a simple repeal of The Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare.

This exactly.

I also agree.

Horowitz asserts that the "Senate bill is essentially a more liberal version of the House bill, which, in itself, was a more insolvent version of Obamacare [.]" Thus, the market is not healed, "competition is not restored, and prices don't come down." Ergo, "nobody will be able to afford insurance, and everyone will need subsidies or Medicaid." In essence, "the GOP bill replaces Obamacare subsidies... with more subsidies."

More at the healthcare thread.

Health Care's Four Horsemen
http://www.americanthinker.com..._four_horsemen_.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Another actor for the Secret Service to investigate. I always knew this guy was unstable but unbelievable

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YF4_CuHjXE8" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Johnny Derp Big Grin

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Which is exactly what they will do if we actually repeal the thing.... so we might as well not do Obamacare Lite.

Besides, if it kills as many as 93 million a day in Virginia alone it won't take long to shut them all up. The population of Virginia is about 8.5 million, so about 2 hours should do it, right? Big Grin

You may recall McAwful's claim about gun violence, so idiotic it invites mockery.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Dead men don't complain.
I think that's the premise behind Obamacare to begin with.

-rduckwor

Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
A brief report regarding more WIN that is lining up for the Trump Administration: LINK

quote:
Jun. 24, 2017 8:10 AM ET
Big cases, retirement rumors as Supreme Court nears finish

By MARK SHERMAN, Associated Press

[Go to URL to view photo] FILE - This Jan. 25, 2012, file photo, shows the U.S. Supreme Court Building in Washington. The Supreme Court has almost certainly decided what to do about President Donald Trump’s travel ban affecting citizens of six mostly Muslim countries. The country is waiting for the court to make its decision public about the biggest legal controversy in the first five months of Trump’s presidency. The issue has been tied up in the courts since Trump’s original order in January sparked widespread protests just days after he took office. The justices met June 22, 2017, for their last regularly scheduled private meeting in June.(AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite, File)

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court enters its final week of work before a long summer hiatus with action expected on the Trump administration's travel ban and a decision due in a separation of church and state case that arises from a Missouri church playground.

The biggest news of all, though, would be if Justice Anthony Kennedy were to use the court's last public session on Monday to announce his retirement.
To be sure, Kennedy has given no public sign that he will retire this year and give President Donald Trump his second high court pick in the first months of his administration. Kennedy's departure would allow conservatives to take firm control of the court.

But Kennedy turns 81 next month and has been on the court for nearly 30 years. Several of his former law clerks have said they think he is contemplating stepping down in the next year or so. Kennedy and his clerks were gathering over the weekend for a reunion that was pushed up a year and helped spark talk he might be leaving the court.

"Soon we'll know if rumors of Kennedy's retirement are accurate," one former Kennedy clerk, George Washington University law professor Orin Kerr, said on Twitter Friday.

When the justices take the bench Monday, they are expected to decide the case of Trinity Lutheran Church of Columbia, Missouri, which was excluded from a state grant program to pay for soft surfaces on playgrounds run by not-for-profit groups. The case is being closely watched by advocates of school vouchers, who hope the court will make it easier to use state money to pay for private, religious schooling in states that now prohibit it.
Missouri has since changed its policy under Republican Gov. Eric Greitens so that churches may now apply for the money.

Also expected in the next few days, though there's no deadline by which the court must decide, is a ruling on whether to allow the administration to immediately enforce a 90-day ban on visitors from six mostly Muslim countries.

Justice Neil Gorsuch, Trump's first Supreme Court nominee, could play a pivotal role in both the travel ban and church playground cases.
In all, six cases that were argued between November and April remain undecided. Three of those, all involving immigrants or foreigners, were heard by an eight-justice court, before Gorsuch joined the bench in April.
If the eight justices are evenly divided, those cases could be argued a second time in the fall, with Gorsuch available to provide the tie-breaking vote.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post