SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Circa.com has reported some fast breaking stories including the details of the potential FISA violations to unmask for political gain.

Sometimes they get pretty aggressive in their reporting. Here is another story that no one else is reporting.

http://circa.com/politics/acco...unching-russia-probe

Did the FBI retaliate against Michael Flynn by launching Russia probe?

The FBI launched a criminal probe against former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn two years after the retired Army general roiled the bureau’s leadership by intervening on behalf of a decorated counterterrorism agent who accused now-Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe and other top officials of sexual discrimination, according to documents and interviews.

Flynn’s intervention on behalf of Supervisory Special Agent Robyn Gritz was highly unusual, and included a letter in 2014 on his official Pentagon stationary, a public interview in 2015 supporting Gritz’s case and an offer to testify on her behalf. His offer put him as a hostile witness in a case against McCabe, who was soaring through the bureau’s leadership ranks.

The FBI sought to block Flynn’s support for the agent, asking a federal administrative law judge in May 2014 to keep Flynn and others from becoming a witness in her Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) case, memos obtained by Circa show. Two years later, the FBI opened its inquiry of Flynn.

The deputy director’s testimony provided some of the strongest evidence in the case of possible retaliation, because he admitted the FBI opened an internal investigation into Gritz’s personal conduct after learning the agent “had filed or intended to file” a sex discrimination complaint against her supervisors.

long article, towards the end

As soon as Gritz revealed to the FBI that Flynn and other top federal figures had written letters to support her case and likely would be called as witnesses, the bureau dispatched a lawyer to try to block the evidence from being included in the EEO case, documents show.

While the FBI argued Gritz’s had become underperforming, tardy to work, insurbordinate, possibly mentally ill or emotional and deserving of a poor performance review, Flynn argued just the opposite, saying he saw the agent excel while working with the DIA and other intelligence community agencies.

“Her work consistently made a positive difference,” Flynn wrote. “.Her tenacity and personal commitment consistently produced outstanding results in the most challenging environments.”

Flynn wasn’t alone among top officials who came to Gritz’s defense in her battle against the FBI.

“SSA Gritz was without question, the most energetic, most consistently engaged and prepared and single most effective member of this interagency group,” wrote Navy Rear Admiral B. L. Losey, who served both Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama as the White House’s National Security Council Director for Combatting Terrorism.

Losey offered a most poignant endorsement of the female agent. “If I were taken hostage, I would hope that above all others SSA Robyn Gritz were assigned the task to track and recover me,” he wrote.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley also afforded Gritz support, asking federal authorities to investigate whether her case was emblematic of a hostile workplace for women inside the FBI.

In a brief interview this weekend, Gritz said she was mortified to think that her request to Flynn to help with her EEOC case in any way affected his relationship with the FBI or his current status as someone under investigation in the Russia case.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The anti Trump narratives that have been going on the last 7 months are beginning to implode... cuz none of them were true.

I think one of the main reasons we are seeing these stories implode is because the deep state thought Trump would be gone by now.
But he isn't and they knew that over time, their false narratives would come crashing down, and that time is now.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31433 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
The national unemployment rate in May was 4.3 percent, its lowest level since May 2001.

Does anyone else remember all the fancy statistical maneuvering the obummer admin did to come up with that BS number?
For the most part that number is still BS the way the BLS calcs it. As counter intuitive as it might seem, if that number were to actually increase, it would likely point to a larger positive move in the economy.
quote:
What causes me to wonder is how this crap ever got to SCOTUS in the first place. Seems to me that the CONSTITUTION is very clear on the subject.
Really! For god's sake, we've been arguing what "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" means for years, and we still can't seem to get the corrupt judges in this country to grasp and agree on the meaning.

For judges and liberals (you know, our betters) everything is open to their learned interpretation, for our own good. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-j...y-fake-news-scandal/

Three CNN employees have resigned amid the network’s very fake news scandal in which it was forced to retract a hit piece on President Donald Trump and his associates.

“CNN said Monday that three journalists, including the executive editor in charge of a new investigative unit, have resigned after the publication of a Russia-related article that was retracted,” CNN’s Brian Stelter reported late Monday. “Thomas Frank, who wrote the story in question; Eric Lichtblau, an editor in the unit; and Lex Haris, who oversaw the unit, have all left CNN.”

Stelter quoted an anonymous CNN spokesperson—the network refused to comment to him on Sunday night over the scandal—as saying the network accepted their resignations. As Stelter acknowledged — not in this piece, but in his Sunday evening “Reliable Sources” newsletter — it was a Breitbart News investigation that forced CNN’s retraction and now the resignations of three top network officials.

The story, which reported that Congress was investigating a ‘Russian investment fund with ties to Trump officials,’ cited a single anonymous source. These types of stories are typically reviewed by several departments within CNN — including fact-checkers, journalism standards experts and lawyers — before publication. This breakdown in editorial workflow disturbed the CNN executives who learned about it. In a staff meeting Monday afternoon, investigative unit members were told that the retraction did not mean the facts of the story were necessarily wrong. Rather, it meant that ‘the story wasn’t solid enough to publish as-is,’ one of the people briefed on the investigation said. The reporting about the Russian investment fund and Trump officials was not relayed on CNN’s television channels, but it was published on the web and shared on social media. On Friday, one of the people named in the story, Trump ally Anthony Scaramucci, disputed Frank’s reporting and said, ‘I did nothing wrong.’ Friday night, once it was determined that editorial processes were not followed, CNN deleted the story from CNN.com. Soon thereafter, the story was officially retracted and replaced with an editor’s note.

Another article indicated the anonymous source was an Elizabeth Warren staffer

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
Harvard-Harris Poll shows 64% of Americans want to move on from the Russian witch hunt.

Just about everything the liberals obsess about is projection.

I'm not ready to move on. I'd like to see how the Democrats were in bed with the Russians. They've squealed about it too much for them to have clean hands. Let's see it.

I read that poll differently. I think John Q. America is seeing through the MSM's obsessive propaganda. They may have finally overplayed their hand.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
“On reflection, my recent remarks in response to press inquiries were ill-advised, and I regret making them,” Ginsburg said. “Judges should avoid commenting on a candidate for public office. In the future, I will be more circumspect.”

“She is a faker,”“She has no consistency about her. She says whatever comes into her head at the moment.”

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
McCabe is starting to seem very stinky... first his wife taking big bucks from big D, then he seems to have been the FBI conduit to Trump oppo, and now a possible vendetta against Flynn. This should be ugly if it all connects.

In a March 28 letter, Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, told FBI Director James Comey he wants a detailed description on the involvement of Deputy Director McCabe in the investigation of Russian ties to Trump associates.

Grassley also wants to know whether McCabe’s involvement in the probe “raises the appearance a conflict of interest in light of his wife’s ties with Clinton’s associates” and whether it would merit McCabe recusing himself from the investigation.

Grassley was referring to McCabe’s wife having accepted $700,000 in political contributions facilitated by Hillary Clinton ally Terry McAuliffe, the Virginia governor, for her state Senate run.

As reported by The Washington Examiner, Grassley noted McCabe already is being looked at by the inspector general for his involvement in the Clinton email investigation, despite his wife's ties.

The Senate committee’s probe began March 6.

Given the latest letter, the panel appears to be looking to see whether McCabe faces similar conflict of interest concerns on Trump matters.

Grassley asked Comey for answers to 12 detailed questions into McCabe, including whether “anyone within the FBI filed a complaint with the Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General regarding Mr. McCabe’s involvement in the investigation?” and whether anyone from the DOJ or the Inspector General had raised concerns “as to whether Mr.McCabe’s alleged partisan conflict would also apply to the investigation of Mr. Trump’s associates?”

The Senate Judiciary Committee is, more broadly, investigating whether the FBI wrongly included political opposition research from Trump’s opponents in its probe, and then paid the author of that controversial dossier, a former British spy, to work for the FBI on its investigation.

McCabe has periodically faced scrutiny for his family ties to the Clinton world.

Fox News reported last month that McCabe did not list his wife's 2015 donations or his wife’s salary in financial disclosure forms -- though such disclosure was not technically required.

Grassley, in his recent letter, revived concerns about McCabe's involvement in the Clinton email case.

“While Mr. McCabe recused himself from public corruption cases in Virginia – presumably including the reportedly ongoing investigation of Mr. McAuliffe regarding illegal campaign contributions – he failed to recuse himself from the Clinton email investigation, despite the appearance of a conflict created by his wife’s campaign accepting $700,000 from a close Clinton associate during the investigation.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ia-dossier-case.html

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The house of cards is falling big league.

Today has been full of win.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31433 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
The house of cards is falling big league.

Today has been full of win.

Keep on investigating D's. I love it. I hope the collusion/obstruction crap goes one for another couple of years. All they find is Dem cronyism and conspiracy. Not one drop of evidence against trump, but lots of circumstantial or better, evidence of Dem colluding/interference/impropriety.

Keep on digging!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20868 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...huts-out-jim-acosta/

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeatedly ignored CNN’s Jim Acosta during the White House press briefing on Monday, despite repeated attempts by the veteran White House correspondent to ask questions.
Spicer began the press briefing announcing that he would allow still cameras.

Several camera shutters clicked, prompting him to joke about “putting sketch artists out of business now,” after CNN hired a sketch artist last week to outline an off-camera breifing.

Acosta interrupted the press briefing, asking Spicer why he refused to turn on the cameras during the briefing.

“There’s no camera on, Jim,” Spicer replied.

“Maybe we should turn the cameras on. Sean, why don’t we turn the cameras on, why don’t we turn the cameras on?”

“I’m sorry that you have to do this,” Spicer said, as Acosta repeatedly asked why the cameras were off earlier in the briefing.

“Why not turn the cameras on Sean? They’re in the room, the lights are on,” Acosta continued.

Spicer did not call on Acosta during the entire briefing, but he interrupted during other questions with reporters. After the press secretary called on One America News reporter Trey Yingst, Acosta interrupted again to ask Spicer repeatedly about the cameras.

“Can we get this out of the way?” Yingst asked after Acosta brought up the subject again.

“Yeah, some days we’ll have them and some days we won’t,” Spicer replied, pointing out that President Donald Trump was speaking on camera later in the day with India Prime Minister Narendra Modi. “Look, this is nothing inconsistent with what we’ve said from day one,” he added, defending his position.

“Sean Spicer has refused to take questions from CNN for weeks now,” Acosta said, although he clarified that “he may have taken a question here or there, over the last couple of weeks.”

“We’ve largely been just blackballed during these briefings,” he asserted. “We’re just not getting questions to the White House press secretary … that would not have happened in previous administrations.”

bingo !

Later in the afternoon, Acosta joined reporters in the Rose Garden for a joint statement with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. But when he looked for his seat, his placard that had been placed in the White House front row of the press section earlier in the afternoon appeared to be missing and some of CNN’s equipment had been moved.

Acosta spoke with White House press aides, returned with a CNN placard, and sat in a seat in the front row that was left empty.

After President Trump and Prime Minister Modi finished speaking, Acosta shouted questions at the president about the health care bill, but Trump ignored him.

treat CNN like the lying DEM propaganda machine that they are. To get respect, earn respect

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I remember The Old Rancher years ago muttering every now and then about life is hard when you're an asshole.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Every time President Trump holds a rally, he zings the media, CNN and NBC primarily and it's refreshing, liberating.

I love the fact that during the 2016 campaign, CNN was screaming in a collective Minnie Mouse voice "WE WERE ASSAULTED AT A TRUMP RALLY!!"

It's remarkably gratifying to have these Leftist political advocates who are posing as ethical, objective journalists publicly called on and shamed for their con artist bullshit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107786 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Last week a lady wearing a Trump T-shirt was dissed by the barista in a Starbucks. Apparently it left her emotionally raw. I think we ought to have thicker skins than that, but some of her (and Trump's) supporters decided to push back last Saturday. The coverage is here: LINK1 and here LINK2.

quote:
NORTH CAROLINA

Trump supporters hold sit-in at North Carolina Starbucks after woman mocked for shirt
Published June 25, 2017 Fox News

[Go to URL to view photo] Trump supporters enter a Starbucks in Charlotte, North Carolina on June 24, 2017 for a sit-in after they said a woman was mocked for wearing a shirt supporting the president. (Fox 46 Charlotte)

Trump supporters flooded a North Carolina Starbucks on Saturday for a sit-in after they said a woman was mocked for wearing T-shirt supporting the president.

The group, wearing some Trump T-shirts and carrying signs, entered the Starbucks on East Boulevard in Dilworth, a neighborhood in Charlotte.

They told Fox 46 Charlotte it was to support Hart, who was reportedly mocked by a barista for wearing some Trump apparel a few days before.

“They shouted out 'build a wall' and shoved a drink at me and then all the baristas in the back started cracking up laughing,” she told Fox 46 Charlotte.

The group called it “unfortunate” and “very heartbreaking.”

“At all cost, we have to rise above any opposition or anybody that treats us poorly. Somebody says something, please ignore it. Don’t engage in it,” Sean Kilbane told Fox 46 Charlotte. “Just be proud to be wearing the Trump attire, pins, stickers, hats that we have, that we live in a great country, that we have the ability to go into this establishment.”

Starbucks issued a statement apologizing to the woman and said they planned to speak with the store, the station reported.

On Saturday, the group said the sit-in was a little tense at the beginning, but as more and more people ordered coffee, the mood lightened.

“I gave them the name Trump and they did. They were very gracious about it,” Shellie Anderson told the station. “We just wanted to reverse the little negativity. So we did it.”

Anderson added: “It’s really good to come together and take something negative and just come in here and be respectful.”

Read more news at Fox 46 Charlotte.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Lmao at Acosta stomping is feet, screaching "we pay your salary!". Bitch, please.

Posts: 3018 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Acosta:

"THIS IS THE WHITE HOUSE!! YOU KNOW?? THE WHITE HOUSE?? BEHIND ME!! THAT BUILDING BACK THERE!! IT'S THE WHITE HOUSE!!"

Fucking douchebag. Fugure it out, stupid. It's no surprise that you and your fellow commie poser asshole CNN employees can dish it it but you cannot take it. Grow the fuck up. Take responsibiity for your actions and acknowledge the consequences, you fucking hypocritical fraud.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
^^Sounds like Precious was on a date. Roll Eyes

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Sharyl Attkisson is one of the few actual journalists. She's a rare gem.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Supreme Court Starts Unanimous Rebuke to Judges on the Travel Ban

THE WALL STREET JOURNAL - The Supreme Court on Monday began the process of rebuking lower courts for usurping the political branches on national security. The entire Court, even the four liberals, agreed to hear the Trump Administration’s appeal of appellate-court rulings blocking its immigration travel ban, and the Justices allowed nearly all of the 90-day ban to proceed in the meantime.

This is a victory for the White House, though it is more important for the Constitution’s separation of powers. President Trump’s ban is neither wise nor necessary, but that is not an invitation for judges to become back-seat Commanders in Chief. Yet that is precisely what liberal majorities on both the Fourth and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeal did in blocking the travel bans, and the Supreme Court is saying those rulings will not be the last judicial word. The Court’s unsigned per curiam opinion set the case for an early hearing on the legal merits in the next term that begins in October.

Justice Clarence Thomas, joined by Justices Samuel Alito and Neil Gorsuch, wrote a concurrence arguing that the Court should have lifted the lower-court injunctions in toto. He also added a cheeky aside that “I agree with the Court’s implicit conclusion that the Government has made a strong showing that it is likely to succeed on the merits—that is, that the judgments below will be reversed.”

Some Justices might not agree with that, but it’s notable that Chief Justice John Roberts managed to corral a unanimous Court for lifting nearly all of the injunctions. That means even the liberals understand that injunctions need to be issued with care, especially on national security where judges lack the knowledge and electoral accountability of the executive and Congress.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2017...ke-judges-travel-ban

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The national unemployment rate in May was 4.3 percent, its lowest level since May 2001.

Does anyone else remember all the fancy statistical maneuvering the obummer admin did to come up with that BS number?

AIR, they only counted those who were drawing unemployment bennies. After the bennies ran out, they were no longer considered unemployed, and thus the numbers became pure, unadulterated BS.

Not sure how the columns will show but col 2 is U3 (govt number) and col 3 is U6 (real unemployment). Col 4 is % of U3 over U4, plus comments. Source: https://www.thebalance.com/wha...loyment-rate-3306198 Even better source is Shaddowstats here http://www.shadowstats.com/alt.../unemployment-charts

So 9.4% is the real unemployment rate today...

Year (as of January) U3 (Official) U6 (Real) U3/U6 Comments
1994 6.6% 11.8% 56% The first year BLS reported U6
2000 4.0% (Record Low) 7.1% 56% Stock market crashed in March
2002 5.7% 9.5% 60% U3 closest to U6
2009 7.8% 14.2% 55% High of 10.2% in Oct
2010 9.8% 16.7% 59%
2011 9.1% 16.2% 56%
2012 8.3% 15.2% 55%
2013 8.0% 14.5% 55%
2014 6.6% 12.7% 52%
2015 5.7% 11.3% 50%
2016 4.9% 9.9% 49% Both return to pre-recession levels