SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
y wife, just returned from a family visit, says there are too many people in France and not enough French.

Europeans have stopped having babies. Who is going to defend them? You guessed it.

I think she was reacting to the recent immigrants, colonials, etc. I'm not sure she has info about the birthrate.

Not France, but I do know the Germans have incentives for German couples who have a baby. My German friend there got 6 months paid from his job as did his wife. less than a year later, another baby and another 6 months for each of them.

All this because the birth rate for Germans is quite low.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Kerry is so angry, he should be awarded another purple heart for all the butthurt.

Something tells me he was in line for some lucrative exclusive pork deals that has gone poof.

The 2017 Green Climate Fund budget is about 50 million. There seems to be millions in float for consultants and outside services in that bureaucracy. Link Could Kerry have lined himself up for some of that? Could he have positioned himself to engage in carbon credit profiteering? Maybe so.

The Fund shares a building with UN agencies in South Korea. Link We know how efficiently the U.N. disburses our money. How many times can we pay for beating ourselves up before we say enough?

The chief Green Climate Fund attorney is noted as specially skilled in “carbon finance” – you know, selling and buying carbon credits to make a new world economy based on carbon units. Link

In 2010, John Kerry tried to get “cap and trade” but he was stopped. Congress would not have anything to do with it. It was seen for what it was and was rejected but not before his corporate boosters made their play for artificial profits at taxpayer expense. Here is how the CEI saw it at the time: Link

“To help sell the act, Kerry has lined up several industrial strength energy suppliers and users. Their support forms the basis of Kerry's claim that the American Power Act is good for the economy. But why do big businesses support a bill that will increase the costs of doing business in this country? Kerry and his new Barbara Boxer, Senator Joseph Lieberman, would have you believe that these companies are motivated by the need for "regulatory certainty." The truth is simpler and cruder than that. These businesses stand to make a killing if the bill passes. Consider:

* General Electric helped write portions of the bill to tilt the market in its favor. If Congress puts a price on carbon, coal will lose market share to nuclear power and natural gas. GE is a global leader in these two industries. This is par for the course for GE. In 2007, it spent millions lobbying for an energy bill that bans incandescent light bulbs. The company just happens to be a world leader in the production of compact fluorescent bulbs.

* Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and other Wall Street firms long have lobbied for climate legislation because they would reap huge fees in brokering the trade of energy-rationing coupons (a.k.a. carbon credits) under a cap-and-trade scheme. By 2020, the global carbon market could be worth $3 trillion, according to London-based New Energy Finance.

* Exelon, America's most valuable utility, is such a staunch supporter of climate legislation that it split from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce over the Chamber's opposition to cap-and-trade. Exelon relies on nuclear power, and the American Power Act fulfills every aspect of the nuclear industry's wish-list. The Huffington Post unearthed an internal Exelon memo estimating that climate legislation would add $700 to $750 million to the company's annual revenues for every $10 per metric ton increase in the price of CO2 allowances.

* British Petroleum and Conoco Phillips opposed cap-and-trade legislation enacted by the House of Representatives because they thought it was insufficiently generous. In the Senate, they got a better deal. Senator Kerry said that he's "been working very closely" with BP and C-P, and the lobbying has paid dividends. The refining industry receives twice as many free carbon credits under Kerry's cap-and-trade scheme as the one established by the House. C-P CEO Jim Mulva even bragged in a statement that his company "is pleased with the attention that has been given our key issues."

* Chemical manufacturer Dupont, for business reasons, phased out the use of HFC-23, a chemical gas that happens to be thousands of times more potent a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide. The American Power Act allocates 1 percent of the carbon credits from 2013-2015 to companies that performed "early action" policies to mitigate climate change. The company could reap hundreds of millions of dollars, just for doing business as usual.

This is just a sampling of a larger group of businesses whose woolly rhetoric is designed to mask their own-self interest -- at the expense of the American economy as a whole. Big business spokesmen for cap-and-trade claim they are trying to save the planet and achieve regulatory certainty. But the only certainty they're after is guaranteed profits. It's comforting, in a way, to know that their eyes are always firmly fixed on the bottom line.”

Huum. I wonder why Elon Musk threw a fit and dropped support for President Trump’s American taxpayer interest when the Paris fiasco got dumped. Was he just another jilted trough sucker?

Oddly enough, the same year Kerry failed in Congress, the United Nations established the Green Climate Fund as the Obama administration pushed Soro's globalist agenda by unilaterally trying to lock the United States into losing sovereignty against our will. Was this also a push for a new global economy that exports US taxpayer money while growing a way to have us lose economic strength through enshrining a new global currency?

Ultimately, the Paris agreement penalizes the US and forces reparations from the developed world due to its exaggerated earth-crushing carbon use – also known as successful development and production of goods. From reviewing the Fund’s projects to date, money was sent to Africa and underdeveloped areas that are not world polluters. The Fund’s goals are so vaguely defined that our tax money could be used to “mitigate” the impact of our country’s alleged carbon impact based on whatever “mitigate” is dreamed to mean. Maybe we were supposed to pay for jobs in other countries to mitigate our production success.

From its website, “the Fund is an institution that speaks and acts for all people on the planet.” Link Doesn’t that sound like a one world government that distributes misery to everyone? “America first” is a sovereignty philosophy at odds with the Fund’s basic goal. An independent United States has shown itself to be best for the world. World government has shown, for instance, that viscous human rights abusers chair international devolution under the names of globalist organizations. We should not abdicate our (trigger warning!) superiority and superior ideas. Wink

That Kerry and others were so hoping to make a bundle for themselves at the expense of taxpayers would not surprise me. It is not as though Kerry is driven by honor. Skip the new medal. In kindness, we should not trust him with pokey things. Many celebrities and others bought in at Kerry’s Amway show and they created a cult where rationality is just not making it through to them. The climate pyramid can only be built with more and more. But, for the profiteers, the cash cow ain’t givin’ it up no mo’ so the “death of earth” and the “death of life” is what they may truly feel right now – Kerry being among them.

Bless his heart.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I like a lot of what Trump is doing as President, but I wish he'd do two things:

1. Stop using Twitter personally, let an official White House representative release all twitter messages so that they are clear, concise, and use verbiage and tone consistent with the office of President of the United States

2. Use this platform to direct the people to another social media site that includes a high level and detailed review of why his major decisions were made.

If he did this he would literally hamstring the media as they can't make fun of his crazy tweets anymore, and they will have to start reporting EXACTLY what the American people can read for themselves and no longer be able to put their liberal anti-conservative spin on the information.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37965 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

No matter what, DJT will be constantly and continually attacked.

It is mostly noise, and DJT is Presidenting his ass of, in spite of all that noise.

I see most of the left, (and some of the right) as a roomful of 4 year olds all screaming and crying because their piece of cake is not as big as the kid next to them.

Darn them all to heck.

Here is another tiring "sigmonkey analogy".

The guys flying bombing missions over Germany in the WW2, had all manner of flak coming at them.

After a short while, you just ignored it.

If it was gonna get you, it was gonna get you and not a damned thing you can do about it.

If you hear, see and feel it, you survived it, and another is coming.

Life is tough. Get a helmet.

But for God's sake, people, stop wringing hands over shit that does not matter and focus on the stuff that does.

Then put your efforts to that end.

I love most of you and tolerate the rest. So I say this with the best energy or whatever you want to call it, directed at you.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I appreciate your analogy and understand your point. However, broadcasting your altitude, speed and location is probably providing help to the opposition that they don't need.

Quite honestly, I don't care who is in the White House, but I sure want them to sound, and act like they hold the most prestigious office on the planet. Lord knows Obama didn't do that very well either.

FWIW... I've always said that if our paths ever cross, the first drink is on me.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37965 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
To be frank. At first a lot of what and how DJT spoke bothered me.

Then I realized, that times and things change.

Sometimes they change for what "I" (or your, or others) think are good, and sometimes bad, but change is change and often we cannot control in what form it is.

That said, I understand what you say, and agree with it to a great point, but there also was a time when there was no need for "daily Press Briefings", yet this has become not only the norm, but accepted and expected.

And if DJT's tweets keep the left occupied chasing the red dot, I want him to continue.

I have no beef with you, (I am considerate of your contributions) so please accept my POV as it is intended, simply that. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I have no beef with you, (I am considerate of your contributions) so please accept my POV as it is intended, simply that. Smile

I'd hope the only beef between us would be what is on our plates when we sit down for dinner Wink

343 - Never Forget

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I like a lot of what Trump is doing as President, but I wish he'd do two things:

1. Stop using Twitter personally, let an official White House representative release all twitter messages so that they are clear, concise, and use verbiage and tone consistent with the office of President of the United States

2. Use this platform to direct the people to another social media site that includes a high level and detailed review of why his major decisions were made.

If he did this he would literally hamstring the media as they can't make fun of his crazy tweets anymore, and they will have to start reporting EXACTLY what the American people can read for themselves and no longer be able to put their liberal anti-conservative spin on the information.

Yeah, because what he's been doing to this point hasn't worked.....rolls eyes

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:...
I'd hope the only beef between us would be what is on our plates when we sit down for dinner Wink

I'm in!

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
DJT is Presidenting his ass of(f)

Big Grin

quote:
To be frank. At first a lot of what and how DJT spoke bothered me.

I got over it, and given the opposition, he's just fighting fire with fire.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
call me crazy but I think some of the tweets are purposefully done to antagonize the press into getting them all worked up and into a lather for a week and totally distracted by whats really going on

I think he is simply punking them and the LSM isn't smart enough and keeps falling for it

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
call me crazy but I think some of the tweets are purposefully done to antagonize the press into getting them all worked up and into a lather for a week and totally distracted by whats really going on

I think he is simply punking them and the LSM isn't smart enough and keeps falling for it

That is exactly my thought on this. DJT is punking them. Distracting them from work he is doing, giving them the run around.

Look at the "Obozo bugged my office", they (MSM) went all kinds of crazy, and for the most part an accurate statement. Which made the MSM look like fools.

A little story.

I have an uncle that is a Dimwhitcrap, he's not a liberal. Just an old school Dimwhitcrap, that never saw the bias by the MSM. He believed the news as being the honest truth.

Now, DJT has played the MSM and his "tweets" have shown to be true in time, my uncle now sees how full of shit the MSM is.

He is still a Dimwhitcrap, but I think that he is beginning to see that the party isn't the "old school Dimwhitcrap party" that he has grown up with and know/known/knew.

He's not stupid, but like most Americans don't really get into, or pay attention to politics much.

DJT and his tweets, though rough and crass I think had/has/is/done the job of punking, distracting and making fools out of the press.

ARman

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch Megan Kelly's interview with Putin on NBC, but read about it this morning. Apparently-- no surprise-- she badgered him about "Russian connections" with Trump. He denied there were any meetings and finally said this:

""For me, this is just amazing," he said after the flurry of questions. "You create a sensation out of nothing and out of this sensation, you turn it into a weapon of war against the current president. Well, this is, you know, you're just, you people are so creative over there. Good job. Your lives must be boring."

Big Grin Big Grin

http://www.washingtonexaminer....ring/article/2624928

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

In addition to what sigmonkey posted, I would add the following:

If Trump turned his tweets into PC sanitized press releases, no one would read them and his message would never get out. The only reason his tweets get attention is because he knows how to get attention due to his background in marketing and brand building. Boring press releases are ignored and if he started doing that he would have no means to get his message out and the media narrative would be the ONLY narrative out there.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is another tiring "sigmonkey analogy".

The guys flying bombing missions over Germany in the WW2, had all manner of flak coming at them.

After a short while, you just ignored it.

If it was gonna get you, it was gonna get you and not a damned thing you can do about it.

If you hear, see and feel it, you survived it, and another is coming.

But for God's sake, people, stop wringing hands over shit that does not matter and focus on the stuff that does.

Then put your efforts to that end.

I don't know what we would do on this forum without you, Monkeyman. Smile Somebody should collect your posts into "Life Lessons from Sigmonkey." I'd buy a copy.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I didn't watch Megan Kelly's interview with Putin on NBC, but read about it this morning. Apparently-- no surprise-- she badgered him about "Russian connections" with Trump. He denied there were any meetings and finally said this:

""For me, this is just amazing," he said after the flurry of questions. "You create a sensation out of nothing and out of this sensation, you turn it into a weapon of war against the current president. Well, this is, you know, you're just, you people are so creative over there. Good job. Your lives must be boring."

Big Grin Big Grin

http://www.washingtonexaminer....ring/article/2624928

Hehe, I bet Megyn had blood coming out of her eyes over that comment. Blood coming out of her whatever.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
President Trump plays the media like a maestro.

I am in awe.

Heres to another week of kickassery.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hehe, I bet Megyn had blood coming out of her eyes over that comment. Blood coming out of her whatever.

Big Grin

Megyn Kelly off to rough start with NBC show’s premiere

Bottom line: Rough launch for Megyn Kelly, but score one for Vladimir Putin, and his horn-print.

http://www.newsday.com/enterta...-premiere-1.13708177

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Who is this Megyn Kelly?

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you Sig Monkey.
That made my day!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6318 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Report This Post