SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
There is the story.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asitha...-her-phone-1.3972404

What do you think? CBS news....hmmmm

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
There is the story.

That's CBC (Canadian Broadcasting) news. My opinion? Completely made up BS. I would bet a large sum that if a recording ever surfaces (if she was ever even near the border) it will show a completely different story. These types of things come up all the time and almost all are completely debunked. No way a border official asked her opinion on Trump - no way, no how. I pretty much just skimmed over it after that nonsense.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What does it matter? It means nothing. Absolutely nothing. The nation should be protected. I don't give a rat's ass about some heart-tugging bullshit.

Posts: 107750 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
We are being bombarded with false news stories that are rivaling "Baghdad Bob" levels of deception.

Don't know what really happened with the son of Ali, but here is an article that raises some questions.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...-muhammad-ali-jr.php

Note this quote from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman"

U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman Daniel Hetlage confirmed Saturday evening that Ali Jr. was held for questioning by customs officers, but said “it wasn’t because he’s a Muslim and it wasn’t because of his Arabic-sounding name.”

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is the story.

It's in the news. They couldn't print it if it wasn't true.

Wink

Posts: 26950 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is the story.

CBC well of course it's true. She's been smuggling between Canada and the US for 20 years, someone finally decided to ask her what she thinks of our President. It's a well known tactic with smugglers to get them to talk - you bring up politics and religion. It's right up there in effectiveness as good cop/bad cop (that was probably next if she hadn't cracked). Look how much we know about her already with just a couple of these key questions.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Madness and Chaos: the Left in the Time of Trump

quote:
For these leftists, facts don't matter. Logic is absent, abhorred, and shouted down. The emotion is the thing. The posturing is the thing. The slogan is the thing.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Expect many more stories about the peaceful, innocent muslims being stopped at the border and treated cruelly by Donald Trump and his stormtroopers. Expect me to say "I don't give a shit" every single time that manure is spread here.

Do not care. I cannot overempahsize it. I do not care. Protect the borders, uphold the Constitution, and just stow the melodrama. Really, just stow it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
CNN & the father of the SEAL who died are trying to make that operation out to be something like Benghazi. What a fucking idiot. Trump didn't design that op he only gave the ok. His son fucking signed up for one of the most dangerous jobs in the military. Did he honestly think his son dieing wasn't a real possibility? I understand his son died and he is upset but fuck him. He is being used. Mad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21129 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Robert Davis:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/533...etwork#sp=show-clips

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
It's funny, but a few times I flew internationally on return to the US I, a US citizen, had to produce my passport, answer questions, and submit both myself and my belongings to a warrantless search. I've even been sent to tertiary screening at passport control and asked a MST of questions about my past that IMO CBP had no business knowing about. Turned out I have a doppelganger who is a drug dealing, gun running murderer who escaped from federal custody (since caught by the USMS).

A foriegn national coming here from another country who experiences the same shit I did can cry me a river of liberal tears into which I will discharge untreated sewage.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Put this one in the category "what disaster did we dodge on 8 Nov 2016 ?"

Chelsea Clinton has a new book that just came out

https://global.oup.com/academi...3271?cc=us&lang=en&#

"Governing Global Health"

Who Runs the World and Why?

The past few decades have seen a massive increase in the number of international organizations focusing on global health.

One of the more important recent trends in global health governance, though, has been the rise of public-private partnerships (PPPs) where private non-governmental organizations, for-profit enterprises, and various other social entrepreneurs work hand-in-hand with governments to combat specific maladies.

these partnerships are not only important for combating infectious diseases; they also provide models for developing solutions to a host of other serious global health challenges and questions beyond health

published 9 Feb 2017

sounds like obamacare plus Clinton Foundation on steroids

bit of a clash w America First

Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
I find it funny that we are the only country that is scolded for wanting to control who comes in.

It's my understanding that the president has a constitutional obligation to enforce the laws that Congress passes. So the border wall legislation was passed in 2006 and Bush began to build the wall. Obama came along and decided to not uphold his constitutional obligation and the project languished. Now Trump is here to enforce the law that this Congress didn't pass and everybody is all in a tizzy. Somehow it's Trump's fault.

I honestly don't care if this woman was kept out because she was Muslim. I'm just wondering if that was the case or if it's another lie by these people.

It is possible sometimes to have a civil debate with a liberal. But if I don't know the facts of the situation I don't want to guess and I don't want to automatically jump to "it's a lie".

NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump is doing great, keep it up!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
We are being bombarded with false news stories that are rivaling "Baghdad Bob" levels of deception.

Don't know what really happened with the son of Ali, but here is an article that raises some questions.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...-muhammad-ali-jr.php

Note this quote from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman"

U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman Daniel Hetlage confirmed Saturday evening that Ali Jr. was held for questioning by customs officers, but said “it wasn’t because he’s a Muslim and it wasn’t because of his Arabic-sounding name.”

I have a friend that is with Customs and Border Patrol here in Florida, he's worked MCO, SAN, and the ports. There is no way that happened, especially with a higher profile person and they deal with them all the time on commercial and private transport.

The folks in BPC are not TSA, they are well trained in watching people to pick up who's moving drugs, contraband, money, illegals.

They don't give a rats ass about that stuff.

They are more interested in popping the gal that swallowed bags of drugs or has 100K in a case.

Posts: 23590 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Chelsea Clinton....they also provide models for developing solutions to a host of other serious global health challenges

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
But if I don't know the facts of the situation I don't want to guess and I don't want to automatically jump to "it's a lie".

That's fine, but you need confirmation from independent witnesses or a recording. The word from one person, on either side, is not enough and would never be reported in any other context. If it was me complaining about being held up going into Mexico because Mexican officials wanted to ask my opinion about Trump, it would never be reported without a recording or several witnesses confirming it.

Without independent confirmation it never should have been reported. Journalists used to have standards about stuff like this and would investigate it before publishing. Now if it fits the agenda it is published, tweeted and shared on social media around the world with zero confirmation or investigation. It's really ridiculous. This story is strictly one person saying they were questioned. No witness, no recording, no investigation or questioning of the veracity. It's nonsense.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
That's why I came here, after finding nothing on the other side. People here see stuff that I don't.

I never said it happened.

NRA Range Safety Officer

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Here is just another example of the trash in our nation to keep out.

Preschool Teacher Fired Over 'Kill Some Jews' Tweet

A Texas preschool teacher who posted a message on social media encouraging someone to “kill some Jews” has been fired. Nancy Salem had been employed by The Children’s Courtyard in Arlington. “This person no longer works for our company,” a spokesperson told me in a prepared statement. Salem had also retweeted, “How many Jews died in the Holocaust? Not enough!”

How such a vile and disgusting person could be allowed to work around children is beyond me, but I’m glad The Children’s Courtyard investigated the incident and did the right thing. “Providing a safe, nurturing and inclusive learning environment is of the utmost importance to us,” its statement read. “The offensive comments certainly don’t reflect our views. Our employees are expected to uphold certain standards of personal and professional conduct.”

Dallas Morning News reports the tweets by Salem and other University of Texas at Arlington students were exposed by the watchdog group Canary Mission. Canary Mission’s mission is to combat the “rise in anti-Semitism on college campuses.” Its investigation revealed at least two dozen current and former students had made anti-Semitic comments on social media. Dallas Morning News also reports Salem and at least 18 other students belonged to the UTA chapter of Students for Justice in Palestine.

Canary Mission said it was a “focal point for campus anti-Semitism,” the newspaper reported. However, UTA tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that Salem has never been a student there. Regardless, it sounds like the University of Texas at Arlington is infested with an ugly strain of anti-Semitism. The university must root out infected students and expel them from campus.

https://patriotpost.us/posts/47662