SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
... with half my brain tied behind my back.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31432 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
You are right, all this winning is exhaustive.

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

"It's a complete 360," said Lang, the center's deputy director of voting rights.

If that's true, the guy should be happy.
Moron.

Must've studied geometry under the DOE's new education programs. . .

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. I thought this appeal was dropped.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...trump-admin-n2291433

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals denied a request from the Trump administration on Monday that would have ensured them an indefinite delay to prepare an appeal on the injunction of his executive order on immigration.

The Department of Justice was given just one extra week to prepare its opening brief. Their due date is March 10.

A three-judge panel ruled unanimously against Trump's travel ban earlier this month, upholding the injunction enforced by Seattle Judge James L. Robart.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm confused. I thought this appeal was dropped.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...trump-admin-n2291433

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals denied a request from the Trump administration on Monday that would have ensured them an indefinite delay to prepare an appeal on the injunction of his executive order on immigration.

The Department of Justice was given just one extra week to prepare its opening brief. Their due date is March 10.

A three-judge panel ruled unanimously against Trump's travel ban earlier this month, upholding the injunction enforced by Seattle Judge James L. Robart.

The DOJ filed a motion to indefinitely delay the brief with the intention of pulling this EO when the new one is issued. The court rejected the motion and gave them a week to get a briefing in. Basically forcing the administration's hand to either pull the EO or defend it in court. Spicer says the new EO is hoped to be issued by mid week this week, so it will probably be a moot point.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
thanks bama

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Inside Trump's Secret Dinner: A Side of the President You Don't Ever See

Nice article about President Trump getting out of the White House for dinner at his own hotel, at the "BLT Steakhouse".

http://ijr.com/2017/02/810965-...-no-one-is-watching/

The media narrative is that Trump is deeply unpopular....this article blows a hole in that one. Normal, rational people are thrilled to have a president that loves this country and wants to get things back on track.

Posts: 6065 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The media is seriously going to go all in on this. What nonsense. They really don't get why people rate them below herpes.

Google Obama, feet on Resolute desk (a priceless antique that would be in a museum if not in the Oval Office):

https://www.google.com/search?...mgrc=6RM-9T8WusBTMM:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
That one tweet I shared is one of several showing all of the media outlets running with this today. Literally every media outlet is running this nonsense.

- John Adams

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...s-and-leaks-n2291758

President Trump said Tuesday that former President Obama is to blame for both the protests GOP lawmakers are facing at town hall meetings and the leaks coming from the White House.

“I think President Obama’s behind it, because his people are certainly behind it,” Trump said on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends” Tuesday morning.

“And some of the leaks possibly come from that group. You know, some of the leaks, which are really very serious leaks, because they’re very bad in terms of national security, but I also understand that’s politics. And in terms of him being behind things, that’s politics, and it will probably continue.”

the only way to stop it is to clean house of obama people

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Joint Address Issues Survey
Now is your chance to give your input. Let us know what issues you want President Trump to focus on and your ideas for the future of our country.

Take the survey and share your thoughts:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/joi...OC_pre-issues-survey

Posts: 5350 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
^ well I just gave my two cents worth

Posts: 22411 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Inside Trump's Secret Dinner: A Side of the President You Don't Ever See

Nice article about President Trump getting out of the White House for dinner at his own hotel, at the "BLT Steakhouse".

http://ijr.com/2017/02/810965-...-no-one-is-watching/

The media narrative is that Trump is deeply unpopular....this article blows a hole in that one. Normal, rational people are thrilled to have a president that loves this country and wants to get things back on track.

A couple of takeaways from that.

The president wants to be liked, he's a people's president. Could you imagine Obama mixing it up with the commoners?

Next, who the hell eats well done steaks? Especially in a high end restaurant? Ketchup? Gross.

Lastly I need to know more about this Bacon Tower.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20843 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
And of course the photo with Obama's shoes on the Oval Office desk was not an issue. Double standard bull(*&^ as usual.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
There have been 2 stories recently about people quitting because of President Trump policies.

There was CIA analyst Ned Price who emphasized "my decision had nothing to do with politics."

and there was a muslim woman Rumana Ahmed.

Turms out they worked side by side in the WH and they both worked for Ben Rhodes. Ben Rhodes - the echo chamber guy that fed fake news stories to the press.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/...osed/article/2006996

Price and Ahmed helped manage Rhodes' "echo chamber" to market Obama's policies.

Former CIA analyst Price explained to the Times magazine how he manipulated American public opinion from his desk in the White House. The Obama NSC relied on "compadres" in the media to proliferate its message, Price said. "I will reach out to a couple people, and you know I wouldn't want to name them — "

gee, a CIA guy admittedly part of the echo chamber operation

Atlantic magazine journalist, and now editor, Jeffrey Goldberg was one of the Obama White House's validators, according to the Times magazine

regarding Ahmed's employment status in the White House, Atlantic magazine senior director for communications Anna Bross replied: "Rumana Ahmed was a direct hire by the NSC and not a political appointee. She was staff and planned to stay on."

That's wrong. Ahmed was a political appointee in the Obama White House. According to Trump White House officials, it was very late in her tenure in the Obama administration when she applied for a civil service position with administrative duties. "Burrowing," as it's commonly called, is the process through which political appointees move into career government status

Why? Because as a political appointee from the Obama administration she was inevitably going to be replaced by a Trump appointee and she wanted to stay on. And yet in only four days—not eight, because, say sources, she took several days off—she came to the conclusion that she had failed in her attempt to influence the Trump team, which in fact "was attacking the basic tenets of democracy."

it was a set-up

Paired with that of her former officemate, Ned Price, Ahmed's story pushes the message that Trump is so bad that gifted public servants are resigning from their positions.

The Washington Post story from late January incorrectly reporting that the mass exodus of senior officials from the State Department was unique to the Trump White House, rather than the normal bureaucratic turnover that greets every new administration, touched on the same narrative

little less well known outside of Washington, D.C. is that the CIA also leans to the left, at least many agency analysts, like Price, do.

the press continues to lease itself out to the Democratic operatives managing the echo chamber, even out of power

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Fox news just had a democrat congressman on talking about a new infrastructure bill. He actually said that he was all for the bill but we had to find a way to pay for it as he was unwilling to grow the debt any higher than it already was.

Good lord, these Democrats must have whiplash going from a spend all we can president like Obama to Trump. Suddenly the democrats are worried about the debt. One month in on the Trump presidency and I can't wait to see how or what the democrats will morph into down the road.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:

Good lord, these Democrats must have whiplash going from a spend all we can president like Obama to Trump. Suddenly the democrats are worried about the debt. One month in on the Trump presidency and I can't wait to see how or what the democrats will morph into down the road.
Hell, my neck hurts READING about these tools!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
There have been 2 stories recently about people quitting because of President Trump policies.

There was CIA analyst Ned Price who emphasized "my decision had nothing to do with politics."

They also 'forgot' to mention that he donated the max to Hillary. It was ALL politics.

- John Adams

Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
The media is seriously going to go all in on this. What nonsense. They really don't get why people rate them below herpes.

Google Obama, feet on Resolute desk (a priceless antique that would be in a museum if not in the Oval Office):

Most of the original White House lies below a ball field on Ft. Myers. The 1948 renovation gutted the building. The Red Room, Lincoln bedroom are replicas.
The furnishings have changed many times, including yard sales of the contents. During a tour the Secret Service officer showed us the setting where the President sits with a foreign leader. There are several chairs and some are reproductions of the others.
The couches in the Oval Office. Look to be the same as what Obama had. I'm sure they are effectively new.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:

Most of the original White House lies below a ball field on Ft. Myers.

Can you please tell us more about this? Why Ft. Myers?

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember a really impressive sit-in that the dems did a short while back regarding gun control. Looks like they'll pull out their big guns of protest again tonight. Roll Eyes

Dems plot how to protest Trump speech, short of a boycott

Democrats might not be planning a mass boycott of President Trump's first address to Congress, as they did for his inauguration -- but that doesn't mean they'll greet the president with open arms, either.

Some of Trump's biggest critics are planning to demonstrate their opposition to the 45th president in their own way when he enters the House chamber Tuesday night.

Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., for instance, is planning to ditch his years-long tradition of standing at the edge of the aisle to shake the president's hand.

He announced Tuesday he won't shake hands with Trump.

“This isn’t part of our normal political discourse, this goes beyond ideological and political differences,” Engel said, referring to reports of the Trump administration’s ties to Russia and efforts to repeal ObamaCare. “I will listen to what he has to say today, but I will not greet him and shake his hand.”

Other Democrats are making a statement of sorts with the guests they invite.

Rhode Island Rep. Jim Langevin is leading an effort to encourage members to bring guests from their districts who have been, or could be, negatively affected by Trump administration policies.

Some of those participating include Rep. Jared Polis, D-Colo., who is attending with a beneficiary of the Obama-era policy sparing illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children from deportation. Rep. Judy Chu, D-Calif., will attend alongside a 35-year old Iranian graduate student impacted by Trump’s executive order calling for a temporary ban on immigration from seven predominantly Muslim countries.

“Participating Democratic members are hoping that their diverse body of guests will remind President Trump that he is not the arbiter of patriotism,” a statement from Langevin’s office said. “This country belongs to people of all colors, genders, orientations, and faiths, and Democratic members of Congress will continue to stand against President Trump’s divisive actions that marginalize communities across the country.”

Members of the House Democratic Women’s Working Group, meanwhile, plan to wear white to show their “commitment to protecting women’s rights,” such as access to affordable health care, equal pay, and affordable childcare.

“We wear white to unite against any attempts by the Trump Administration to roll back the incredible progress women have made in the last century, and we will continue to support the advancement of all women,” Rep. Lois Frankel, D-Fla., group chairwoman, said in a statement. “We will not go back.”

Despite the preemptive pushback, White House officials are previewing a largely "optimistic" speech that will highlight Trump's key accomplishments to date and lay out the agenda ahead.

While House Democrats say they won’t “disruptively protest” during the president’s speech, there might be one thing Trump could do to win them over.

“If the president wants a standing ovation from the Democrats side of the aisle tonight, he’ll announce that he’ll release his taxes,” Rep. Joseph Crowley, D-N.Y., quipped.

He said Democrats would otherwise be "polite and show very little, if any, enthusiasm of what we anticipate he has to say.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...h-short-boycott.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post