SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Conservative to head Civil Rights Division of DOJ

Paul Mirengoff at powerlineblog.com knows the appointee, Eric Dreiband, well and thinks he's a stellar appointment. Of course he's a person of pallor so getting lots of criticism from all the right people. Wink

Posts: 18364 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Mad Max (Maxine Waters) is now calling for President Trump to be exiled after he is impeached Smile
Can't we just exile her instead?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a long article that is hard to summarize. But worth a read

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...nary-pruitt-meeting/

This article's main point is that the Associated Press invented an imaginary meeting between Scott Pruitt (EPA) and the CEO of Dow Chemical.

AP:

"The Trump administration’s top environmental official met privately with the chief executive of Dow Chemical shortly before reversing his agency’s push to ban a widely used pesticide after health studies showed it can harm children’s brains, according to records obtained by The Associated Press. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt’s schedule shows he met with Dow CEO Andrew Liveris on March 9 for about a half hour at a Houston hotel.'

The problem with Biesecker’s piece, which ran over the Associated Press wires on Wednesday evening, is that as Breitbart News has confirmed from both sides: No meeting ever occurred, despite one appearing on Pruitt’s schedule. Sure, both were at the conference and briefly shook hands when introduced, but they never had a “meeting” because of scheduling conflicts.

much more at the article

This scenario is being played over and over

A Trump administration person has a hand shake meeting w someone. Then a fabrication gets created that there was a nefarious meeting where terrible things were discussed. (Such as the U.S. Attorney General secretly meeting w the husband of a major political figure under FBI investigation)

You see that approach throughout the "Russia" "scandal"; including w Jeff Sessions.

This is beyond political war. We really can't believe anything coming out of AP, Wash Post, NYT, NBC, etc.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
First CNN, now the Associated Press (AP) has been caught intentionally peddling fake news, I mean lies.

Good. Most of America is quite aware of the sad state of the lying ass press these days.
Finally, the press is in the hot seat for their intentional malicious lying ways.
And it's happening only because Trump fights back.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
a long article that is hard to summarize. But worth a read

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...nary-pruitt-meeting/

This article's main point is that the Associated Press invented an imaginary meeting between Scott Pruitt (EPA) and the CEO of Dow Chemical.

AP:

"The Trump administration’s top environmental official met privately with the chief executive of Dow Chemical shortly before reversing his agency’s push to ban a widely used pesticide after health studies showed it can harm children’s brains, according to records obtained by The Associated Press. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt’s schedule shows he met with Dow CEO Andrew Liveris on March 9 for about a half hour at a Houston hotel.'

The problem with Biesecker’s piece, which ran over the Associated Press wires on Wednesday evening, is that as Breitbart News has confirmed from both sides: No meeting ever occurred, despite one appearing on Pruitt’s schedule. Sure, both were at the conference and briefly shook hands when introduced, but they never had a “meeting” because of scheduling conflicts.

much more at the article

This scenario is being played over and over

A Trump administration person has a hand shake meeting w someone. Then a fabrication gets created that there was a nefarious meeting where terrible things were discussed. (Such as the U.S. Attorney General secretly meeting w the husband of a major political figure under FBI investigation)

You see that approach throughout the "Russia" "scandal"; including w Jeff Sessions.

This is beyond political war. We really can't believe anything coming out of AP, Wash Post, NYT, NBC, etc.

We would Rather they be more careful on these stories, or start them with "Once Upon A Time.." so everyone would know.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
... start them with "Once Upon A Time.."

I thought that was an assumed understood "given" for all stories from the MSM therefore not needing to be written or verbalized. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16529 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
We would Rather they be more careful on these stories, or start them with "Once Upon A Time.." so everyone would know.

Nice pun.
Courage.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
... start them with "Once Upon A Time.."

I thought that was an assumed understood "given" for all stories from the MSM therefore not needing to be written or verbalized. Smile

The word is gradually getting out, isn't it?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This thread is generally pretty serious, but this story made me smile.

In "professional" wrestling there are usually really bad villains for the crowd to boo. And good guys to cheer.

So one enterprising wrestler now calls himself the "progressive liberal" and spouts radical left lectures to the crowd. He has created a bad villain image.

from

http://hotair.com/archives/201...progressive-liberal/

he is the one on the left Smile

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Mika Brzezinski's last name sounded familiar. Yup, daughter of Zbigniew, adviser to presidents Johnson and Carter, engaged to be married to Joe Scarborough. Another of the incestuous relationships in the media. Others include but aren't limited to Alan Greenspan/Andrea Mitchell and Jay Carney/Claire Shipman.

Posts: 28662 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
No more President Trump and this BS Russian "meddling" crap on the front page. Now, it's this Morning Joe shit that I don't even know or give a flying F WTF what it is.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:
No more President Trump and this BS Russian "meddling" crap on the front page. Now, it's this Morning Joe shit that I don't even know or give a flying F WTF what it is.
You, too?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Well, all I know is that my money is on the elephant not the jackass.

quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4359 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
President Trump doesn't need defending by you and if his behavior upsets you so much, let's see if we can get Hillary Clinton to take his job.

Fucking WHO CARES??? He's fighting for us and he's pushing back at being CONSTANTLY, INCESSANTLY, BRUTALLY POUNDED BY EVERYONE IN THE PRESS FOR TWO YEARS NOW!!!

WAKE UP!!

Thanks Boss.

I've said before that DJT is like a junkyard dog, humping your granny's leg, sniffing your auntie's crotch, peeing on the furnature, pooping on the carpet and he'll eat your high dollar Hymalain cat, but he'll let no one touch your junk.

And after a while, you find you really like the old bastard more than you thought you could.

I like the junk yard dog, just fine.

+1 billion
Who give a fuck about the fucking media, man up and stop acting a fucking pussy, just words doesn't means shit.
Keep it up Mr. President.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Well, 25 Democrats have decided that the 25th Amendment needs some tweaking. They would like to add legislation to ensure that President Trump is deemed mentally unfit.

Funny, that’s what I think about a lot of Democrats. Rationality is no bridge over so many troubled Waters and other nutty progressive views of the world.

Someone needs to remind them that if they pass it, Guam would probably tip over, a rifle thingy would probably go up and the Good and Welfare clause of the Constitution would suffer a stinging rebuke.

It’s all too dangerous for Guam.

Wink

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Earlier in this thread I took issue with CNN telling President Trump that he needed to play ball with them or suffer what they would say about him in capitals all over the world.

It seems China’s government news agency now recognizes that CNN is not a trusted source of information. Cite Maybe personal interaction between our leaders and the efforts of Tillerson et al. has shown President Trump to be a competent man with a heart for his country.

Fake news relies on the ignorance of its consumers. It has worn thin and I am starting to think that things could genuinely lead to the end of CNN - at least as we now see it.

The retractions seem to be flying off the shelf lately, showing that the president has been right all along. Rice’s lie about 17 intelligence agencies, false and actionable accusations against Scaramucci, and the false narrative about the EPA director’s meeting with Dow Chemical show the press’ breathless desperation to forward an agenda, not the news.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

But at least all the stories end with:

" Donald Trump is still president and making America great again, so they all lived happily ever after"

Ken

Posts: 1052 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
so much crap being thrown around it is hard to grasp truth from fiction

http://www.breitbart.com/big-j...onal-enquirer-cover/

On Friday, CNN executives reportedly went into a “panic” after Jake Tapper’s The Lead reportedly aired a fake National Enquirer cover during a segment on MSNBC host Joe Scarborough’s accusation that President Donald Trump threatened him that the Enquirer would run a hit piece on Scarborough and his relationship with Mika Brzezinski if Scarborough did not apologize for repeatedly insulting Trump.

According to the New York Post’s “Page Six,” the fake cover that aired had the headline “Heidi Cruz: Betrayed by Cheating Husband!” The fake cover apparently “promised details on a ‘sordid threesome, sleazy love letters and sensational photo proof.’”

But, according to Post’s sources at the National Enquirer, the fake news cover “has never appeared on the National Enquirer,” and “the cover is — literally — fake news.”

“We’re told the network is taking the matter seriously, and that it has been referred to the [network’s] standards and practices department for review,” the Post noted.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Democratic congressman has proposed convening a special committee of psychiatrists and other doctors whose job would be to determine if President Donald Trump is fit to serve in the Oval Office.

Maryland Rep. Jamie Raskin, who also teaches constitutional law at American University, has predictably failed to attract any Republicans to his banner.

But the U.S. Constitution's 25th Amendment does allow for a majority of the president's cabinet, or 'such other body as Congress may by law provide,' to decide if an Oval Office occupant is unable to carry out his duties – and then to put it to a full congressional vote.

Vice President Mike Pence would also have to agree, which could slow down the process – or speed it up if he wanted the levers of power for himself.

The 25th Amendment has been around since shortly after the John F. Kennedy assassination, but Congress has never formed its own committee in case it's needed to judge a president's mental health.

Raskin's bill would allow the four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate to each choose a psychiatrist and another doctor. Then each party would add a former statesman – like a retired president or vice president.

The final group of 10 would meet and choose an 11th member, who would become the committee's chairman.

Once the group is officially seated, the House and Senate could direct it through a joint resolution to conduct an actual examination of the president 'to determine whether the president is incapacitated, either mentally or physically,' according to the Raskin bill.

And if the president refuses to participate, the bill dictates, that 'shall be taken into consideration by the commission in reaching a conclusion.'

Under the 25th Amendment, such a committee – or the president's cabinet – can notify Congress in writing that a sitting president is unfit. In either case the vice president must concur, and he would immediately become 'acting president.'

Presidents have voluntarily transferred their powers to vice presidents in the past, including when they are put under anesthesia for medical procedures.

In the case of Raskin's plan, the Constitution holds that both houses of Congress would hold a vote within three weeks.

If two-thirds majorities in the House and Senate agreed that the president couldn't discharge his duties, he would be dismissed.

Raskin's plan could have a fatal flaw, however: Legal scholars tend to agree that when the Constitution's framers first provided for the replacement of a president with an 'inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the Office,' they weren't talking about mere eccentricities.
And when the 25th Amendment was sent to the states for ratification in 1965, the Senate agreed that 'inability' meant that a president was 'unable to make or communicate his decisions' and suffered from a 'mental debility' rendering him 'unable or unwilling to make any rational decision.'

So far two dozen members of the House, all Democrats, have signed on to cosponsor the bill.
Texas Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, a far-left liberal Democrat, claimed Friday in a Fox Business Channel interview that Congress can remove 'incompetent' presidents.

'The 25th Amendment is utilized when a president is perceived to be incompetent or unable to do his or her job,' she said.

Raskin has made no bones about the fact that his intentions are specific to President Trump.
'Trump's mental incapacity is no laughing matter,' he tweeted last month. '#25thAmendment gives us a way to deal with this problem.'

Raskin summed up his reasoning for Yahoo News on Friday: 'In case of emergency, break glass.'
'I assume every human being is allowed one or two errant and seemingly deranged tweets,' he said.
'The question is whether you have a sustained pattern of behavior that indicates something is seriously wrong.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...s.html#ixzz4lahHaBhf

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Liberal projection. If they're worried about somebody else's mental health, that means they're unbalanced themselves.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15855 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post