SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good Hot Sauces
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Hot Sauces Login/Join 
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Boulder hot sauce is incredible. I like the Smokey Serrano.

https://www.boulderhotsauce.com/

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I’m becoming a big fan of this stuff, I get it from a local Mexican restaurant. It’s got good flavor without melting your taste buds off and I heard it’s the top hot sauce in Mexico:

Excellent stuff...beats Tapatio and Cholula

My favorite also, great for migas.

Posts: 3597 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Ok, Aardvark is a keeper.

Cham is delish - don’t need to make my own now.

I’m finding the habanero sauces seem to have interesting heat… More holy scalp heat/sweat vs. mouth burn.

Gonna keep trying new stuff. Fun distraction.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Cool. I'm up for trying the Cham if I can find it locally. Did you get mild, med or extra?

Agree w/ the finding - sweat vs mouth burn. Aardvark is great as a dipping sauce for pot stickers: aardvark + brown sugar + rice vinegar + soy sauce + sesame oil. Throw in a little diced green onion if you feel. Yum.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12726 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Boulder hot sauce is incredible. I like the Smokey Serrano.

https://www.boulderhotsauce.com/

I go through about 3 bottles of their "Harry's Habanero" a month. I put it on everything.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Cool. I'm up for trying the Cham if I can find it locally. Did you get mild, med or extra?

Agree w/ the finding - sweat vs mouth burn. Aardvark is great as a dipping sauce for pot stickers: aardvark + brown sugar + rice vinegar + soy sauce + sesame oil. Throw in a little be diced green onion if you feel. Yum.

Re:Cham (Spicy)

It’s kind of expensive for what it is… However for me, having good nuc Cham on hand is mo’ betta and super handy. I had it shipped so that certainly add to the cost as they use very nice glass bottles.

My oldest son thought it could use more fish sauce… But he drinks that stuff out of the bottle.

It does require refrigeration all the time. And while spicy it’s nothing like a good hot sauce. It’s just right. We bought a sampler pack for my brother-in-law for his birthday which has one of each in spicy ratings.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I really like the diced peppers in liquid that is on the tables at vietnamese restaurants. I'm looking for something like that to use at home.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12726 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks. I really like the diced peppers in liquid that is on the tables at vietnamese restaurants. I'm looking for something like that to use at home.

This is it. Smile

~Robert A. Heinlein

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I like the extra hot Valentina sauce. It's not too hot and still has flavor.

Posts: 3385 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Hi my name is Signified and I’m a chili-head.

You guys got me going on a roll now… Just ordered a case of Aardvark for stash.

Been all over the hot ones website and others including the recommended boulder company.

Front porch to be full of hot sauce in the next couple of days.

WTF?

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aardvark

A CASE???? Damn, how much sauce do you use? Leave some for the rest of us, will ya? Smile

One bottle lasts me a good month. I've always gotten the red. Have you tried the green? I think I'll buy a bottle next time at the market. The black bean sauce is okay but I'm fine just making that at home from scratch; theirs is a little too salty and not as black beany as I prefer.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Aardvark

A CASE???? Damn, how much sauce do you use? Leave some for the rest of us, will ya? Smile

One bottle lasts me a good month. I've always gotten the red. Have you tried the green? I think I'll buy a bottle next time at the market. The black bean sauce is okay but I'm fine just making that at home from scratch; theirs is a little too salty and not as black beany as I prefer.

In my opinion the red is much better than the green. My initial order was one of each. Habanero sauce in the tomato base is much better than their Serano mix.

Looks like they’re out of Vancouver BC so they’re really not very far from me. That makes shipping inexpensive ($6.50). Also it’s about half price when you buy 12 bottles versus four. ~$5/bottle vs $11

I think the first red bottle went in about 10 days? Luckily I have two backups until my case arrives - supply chain man! LOL

~Robert A. Heinlein

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Chelsea Fire

https://chelseafirehotsauce.com/

I was 4 years old living in Chelsea when the 1973 fire hit. My parent had an ice cream shop called the Big Scoop. As I recall there was a big rat infestation because of them escaping the fire.

I just happened upon this hot sauce at Market Basket but I haven’t opened it yet.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Good to know. I'll stick w/ the red sauce then.

I wish they made a sauce using Fresno chilis. I love fresno chilis. Fruity, sweet, spicy.

posted Hide Post
Dangitall, youse got me again! Have a BUNCH of Cham en route now! Enablers!!!!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
Dangitall, youse got me again! Have a BUNCH of Cham en route now! Enablers!!!!

Right? It’s all “their” fault!

It’s a freakin’ problem spiraling up w the souse…

~Robert A. Heinlein

posted Hide Post
My son loves hot sauce. There is a store just north of Cincinnati
called Jungle Jims. They probably have 300 brands of hot sauce.
I take him up there every few months and buy him all he wants.
I like salsa and they have 30 or 40 brands of salsa.

Posts: 957 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

Re:Cham (Spicy)

It’s kind of expensive for what it is… However for me, having good nuc Cham on hand is mo’ betta and super handy. I had it shipped so that certainly add to the cost as they use very nice glass bottles.

My oldest son thought it could use more fish sauce… But he drinks that stuff out of the bottle.

It does require refrigeration all the time. And while spicy it’s nothing like a good hot sauce. It’s just right. We bought a sampler pack for my brother-in-law for his birthday which has one of each in spicy ratings.

My bottle finally arrived today so I thought I'd chime in on the Cham. Holy cow is this stuff tasty! I got the medium which is just perfect for me. I can see how your son would drink it out of the bottle. I ate a whole baguette with it.

Thanks for the recommendation. Too bad that it needs refrigeration though. It'd be nice to just have a case in the pantry.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Currently working through some HotOnes samples … But consistent and positive uses of aardvark and Cham. Those are winners!

~Robert A. Heinlein