SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good Hot Sauces
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Hot Sauces Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Not particularly super hot, but it's got a good kick, amazing flavor, great to dip or even to marinate. Not affiliated with them but love the sauce.

https://www.chamdippingsauce.c...Qf081zEaAjcOEALw_wcB

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6017 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I’m becoming a big fan of this stuff, I get it from a local Mexican restaurant. It’s got good flavor without melting your taste buds off and I heard it’s the top hot sauce in Mexico:

Posts: 33902 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1079 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a family owned hot sauce company that was located in Tucson, Az. for 3 or 4 generations(1928). It was called Poblano Hot Sauce. They had about 5 different sauces, and all were outstanding. One could buy direct by the case, or Safeway handled their products. The WuFlu shut them down, and I fear that they are not going to re-open. Their Red Jalapeno hot sauce was the best I have ever tasted. I keep checking to see if they are going back in business, but nothing to date. I should have purchased a bunch of cases of it, but it never dawned on me that they would close down.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Resurrecting this thread with my new favorite.

I was in San Diego a few weeks ago at a breakfast joint that had this Hot Licks Serrano sauce. It's one of the best sauces I've had ever. Perfect heat and awesome flavor. None of that bitter extract flavor. I was only able to find it at their website. They sell other brands too so I'm thinking maybe this is rebranded from some other manufacturer but no idea really. I haven't tried the other flavors I bought yet. I'll report back once I try them.

https://www.hotlickssauces.com/

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12456 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
Not particularly super hot, but it's got a good kick, amazing flavor, great to dip or even to marinate. Not affiliated with them but love the sauce.

https://www.chamdippingsauce.c...Qf081zEaAjcOEALw_wcB

I’m in. Just bought the battle pack Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I’m becoming a big fan of this stuff, I get it from a local Mexican restaurant. It’s got good flavor without melting your taste buds off and I heard it’s the top hot sauce in Mexico:

That is on the tables of a lot of mom and pop Tex Mex here in Houston. Must be popular in Mexican households. I like it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Valentina is used mostly on snacks. Chips, popcorn, Fritos, pork rinds, etc.

There is an extra hot version that I have seen that is also good.

You can get it in Walmart here

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Posts: 2716 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
The black label version of Valentina is the hot version. Just had some with my fajitas at lunch today! Smile

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Crystal.
Sriracha.

This is what we keep in the house

Posts: 5361 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
The black label version of Valentina is the hot version. Just had some with my fajitas at lunch today! Smile

I will have to look for this, and give it a try.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
KariKari Garlic Chili Crisp is delicious!

Momofuku Chili Crunch is also very very good.

Posts: 252 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have Dave's Insanity for when real heat is needed, and usually keep Red Hot, Tabasco, or Texas Pete around for a general sauce. But for real flavor, I was gifted a bottle of Truff, and it is truly excellent. Not over hot, but excellent flavor. I also always keep a jar of Walker's Wood Hot and Spicy Jerk around. I like it in mayo to make a hot cream sauce, in chicken salad, and in buttered rice.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12802 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave's Insanity sauce is way out of my league!! Too much hot and not enough flavor for me.

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning is great stuff, I love it, but it hits my limits as far as heat. It’s spicy stuff!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10499 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Crystal Hot Sauce with garlic. Not really hot but very flavorful!

Posts: 875 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I went through the entire thread looking for a good green chili HOT sauce. Looks like Gringo Bandito may be my best bet. I keep looking for the heat of a great green chili burro in Tucson, but it’s been elusive.

Posts: 13311 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We like Marie Sharp's various sauces from Belize, hard to find, some varieties may be on Amazon. She also has a good steak sauce, like a spicy A-1. Also Bouillards, Louisiana style, had to mail order it, best deal was 24 bottles for $48 on their web site.

Posts: 107 | Registered: January 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I went through the entire thread looking for a good green chili HOT sauce. Looks like Gringo Bandito may be my best bet. I keep looking for the heat of a great green chili burro in Tucson, but it’s been elusive.

Well, if Poblano brand hot sauces were still in business in Tucson, that would do you just fine. They made my favorite hot sauces of all time!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

El Yucateco

Posts: 531 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post