SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good Hot Sauces
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Hot Sauces Login/Join 
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Tapatio.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
if you like hot chinese mustard get this stuff just add a little water and it will clean your sinuses out
S&B Hot Mustard Powder
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009...wm-4#customerReviews

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This stuff is at many of the Mex food places around here. Not too terribly hot, but good flavor.

Posts: 3603 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have become quite fond of the Cholula Green.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2898 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
This stuff is at many of the Mex food places around here. Not too terribly hot, but good flavor.

My go-to Mexican joint has this sauce, and I order the chicken fajita salad and skip adding dressing, instead hitting it with 8-10 shots of this stuff. Add in some pico, and I'm set.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Like others, the older I get, the more I like to *taste* my food, rather than just feel the heat. Last year I picked up a bottle of this at an outdoor market in Oceanside CA. I really like it - it's sweet, but it does have a little heat, about as much as I can handle these days.

https://picclick.com/Sweet-Jal...ot-252478434445.html

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
This Datle pepper is indigenous to Fla . Sauce is slightly sweet and medium hot with the Datle soooo tasty.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.../164-3168232-8467361

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Crystal Hot Sauce has a good flavor. Not really hot but tasty. I like it better than the others. Really shines on fried fish and fried chicken.

Another sauce you may like is Tiger Sauce. It's not a hot sauce per se, but tastes great in homemade soups, roasts etc.

Tiger sauce is one of my all time favorites, not very hot, flavor is awesome though

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2919 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Crystal Hot Sauce has a good flavor. Not really hot but tasty. I like it better than the others. Really shines on fried fish and fried chicken.

Another sauce you may like is Tiger Sauce. It's not a hot sauce per se, but tastes great in homemade soups, roasts etc.

Tiger sauce is one of my all time favorites, not very hot, flavor is awesome though

Try Tiger Sauce on coleslaw......

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
CaJohns makes some pretty good hot sauces (and other hot foods - purees, salsas, etc).

I particularly enjoy the Fatalli Fire hot sauce.

http://cajohns.com/store/index...roduct&product_id=98

Posts: 252 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
My favorite. Cool

This stuff is good. It's similar to another favorite of ours, Marie Sharp's Belizean Heat.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
I have become quite fond of the Cholula Green.

Oh yeah!! This one too!!

It's hotter than the regular Cholula, so be ready for that.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I am still a big fan of old fashioned Tabasco Sauce.

Posts: 13685 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
This stuff is good. It's similar to another favorite of ours, Marie Sharp's Belizean Heat.

Yes, very similar. If you don't know the back story, Melinda's was owned by a woman in Belize named Marie Sharp. Their US Distributor basically stole Melinda's name, recipe and US distribution and began bottling it on their own in Costa Rica. Marie Sharp was left with having to start over, and she started up the Marie Sharp's Belize Hot Sauce Company.

Marie Sharp's Story

I think the differences between the two is that Melinda's uses Habaneros and carrots from Costa Rica and Columbia, and Marie Sharp's uses Belize grown products. And Melinda's ages their Habaneros, whereas Marie Sharp's uses fresh Habaneros.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the smack my ass and call me sally brand habanero sauce that's sold at Tijuana flats restaurants.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I scanned the thread, if no one has mentioned it:
Mundy's Butternut Bomb.

It's habanero based. Very flavorful, not just pain.

If someone has mentioned it, then +1!

Posts: 6310 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qcsmitty:
This Datle pepper is indigenous to Fla . Sauce is slightly sweet and medium hot with the Datle soooo tasty.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.../164-3168232-8467361

Thank you for the link, I had forgot about this one. I received a gift set years ago and was in heaven, there was a mustard that was fantastic.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 885 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watch Hot Ones on youtube. Great series and lots of fun interviews.

They made their our hot sauce and people constantly talk about how good it is.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Crystal. Seriously it is so much better tasting than the other "Louisiana" hot sauces.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
Tapatio.

For daily use, Tapatio or Cholula.

For real fire, that's why I grow my own hot peppers. I like heat, and more heat than the "average" person. But, I don't see the point in heat for the sake of heat.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27029 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post