SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
It is close to 48 hours since we received the second Phizer shot. Zero, zilch side effects. Same for my wife. Not even arm soreness which we had a bit of with the first shot. Yesterday I continued with one of my schedule winter projects... painting the garage.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Based on what I have read, there is a segment of the population that is simply immune to viruses.

I wonder if that explains the various reactions to the vaccines as well. Perhaps if your body ignores the virus itself it also ignores the vaccine. Those who would react to a virus, also react to the vaccine.

Anybody smarter than me know if it works this way?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15851 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I don't think that's so as I had absolutely no reaction to either of the two Covid shots and I did have Covid in January of 2020.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I have had both shots of the Moderna vaccine. No reaction. Unfortunately, my wife is 10 1/2 years younger than I and it’s unknown when she’ll be vaccinated.

Posts: 13567 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unfortunately, my wife is 10 1/2 years younger than I

On the surface, that appears oxymoronic.

Posts: 7633 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thanks to both irreverent and Aquilon for their well thought out responses. They're appreciated.

FWIW I'm starting to lean towards getting the Moderna or pfizer shots. If J&J is using any form of live virus, that's a NO GO for we cancer patients with our reduced immune systems.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16523 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
quote:
Unfortunately, my wife is 10 1/2 years younger than I

On the surface, that appears oxymoronic.

I guess that’s true. I married my trophy wife first.

Posts: 13567 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Just had my first Moderna vaccine. No reactions so far...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6472 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Thanks to both irreverent and Aquilon for their well thought out responses. They're appreciated.

FWIW I'm starting to lean towards getting the Moderna or pfizer shots. If J&J is using any form of live virus, that's a NO GO for we cancer patients with our reduced immune systems.

Bald1, I respect what ever decision you make. Since the feedback was against what your niece's perspective is. I want you to know I agree with her and respect her decision to make that stand. There are many just like her. Although the effort is to keep them silent or make them out to be anti vaccine. Which is mostly not the case.

Best of luck.

ok Bald1, I misunderstood. Thought it was your family. Still I my post applies.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19711 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
quote:

Bald1, I respect what ever decision you make. Since the feedback was against what your niece's perspective is. I want you to know I agree with her and respect her decision to make that stand. There are many just like her. Although the effort is to keep them silent or make them out to be anti vaccine. Which is mostly not the case.

Best of luck.

Wasn't my niece. As said it was reflective of much of what I have been seeing elsewhere`.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16523 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The next day after my second Modern shot I had a golf ball size lump around the injection site. Turned red, was hot, itched like hell, and hurt. After 4 days it went down and a way except for a little red tinge in that area like a bruise going away.

Posts: 4130 | Registered: January 17, 2007Report This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Both myself and wife took the pfizer shot with no problems but her sore arm. ........................ Hot news from Louisiana (2 March) just making the local news that the Catholic Church/ Archdiocese of New Orleans is against the J&J version of the shot and should be avoided due to the way the vacinne was formed using some sort of stem cell research from abortions. Also the governor is a Catholic and in a round about way backing the churches stand but saying the individual will have to make the final decision but still supporting the churches side. Guess that the governor does not want to upset the Catholic voters ................................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2082 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Report This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
As above on the J&J vaccine

https://www.lifenews.com/2021/...from-aborted-babies/

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of ops cwo
posted Hide Post
Yep, Friday no issues

parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
As above on the J&J vaccine

https://www.lifenews.com/2021/...from-aborted-babies/

HEK-293 was originally developed from cells from aborted fetuses back in the 70s. The cells they use now are lab grown descendents of those original cells and no longer come from aborted fetuses.

Posts: 8275 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Report This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Got shot #2 of Pfizer yesterday. Nothing to report as far as bad side effects.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2434 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Got shot #1 of Phizer about 2.5 hours ago. So far only side effect is I'm sleepier than usual.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23662 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Got my second dose of Moderna yesterday, other than a sore arm at the injection site, no other symptoms.

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I received the first dose of Moderna vaccine on Monday afternoon at Walgreens. So far there is little to no side effects/reactions yet...fingers crossed!

Posts: 23 | Location: Western NY  | Registered: October 08, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
First Moderna today around 3:30 PM Eastern time. As of now, my arm isn't even sore. Vaccine site ran by Kroger. Well ran. Took about 45 minutes total including the 15 minutes in shot jail.

Hundreds of people. They must process low thousands per day.