SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave.
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave. Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Just so I have this straight in my head…
This individual is leaving a Gun Forum because the SCOTUS ruled that there is no constitutional protection for abortion ?!?!? Confused Roll Eyes Confused Roll Eyes

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^ I don't know, it makes no fucking sense. Just roll with it I guess?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Torn on the issue myself. If my wife, girlfriend, family member, etc, was raped, all be damned if I’m going to argue against her wanting an abortion. Same would go for the Doc telling a lady that her risk for death would be a major % in childbirth. So obviously I think there are some exceptions. But overall it’s been taken much too liberally. Too many women think they can just do whatever they want and kill. Abortion hasn’t been outlawed just kicked to the states. So worst case is a woman has to travel to another state for the procedure. I do think exemptions should be made for rape, incest, and health risks. And there should also be strict term limits as well like most European countries have in place today.

I think joining the other team for a career is extremely excessive. It’s going to be a fruitless endeavor. November is going to be a slaughter. Even the left people I know are sick and tired of letter stuff and people are pissed on both sides at trying to make drugs available to children to change their sex. That’s crazy. If you need to be 21 to buy alcohol or to buy a handgun then you need to be 21 to have a sex change. Even Gay men and Lesbians are saying the letters after LBGT are taking things way way too far. They also think the June thing has been taken way too far as well. So you have the left, and LBGT people stating this is all too much. So imagine what your center politics voter is thinking and going to do? I think most people are centrists. The left is completely off the rails cray cray with so much shit, throw in gas prices, inflation, well going to work for the left is fools play. People are pissed. Households are hurting. There is too much course correction needed and you will see it in November. It’s going to be a blood bath. You fuck with too much shit at the same time, ramming it literally up citizens asses… they are going to show you in November they’ve had enough.

Like many I’m tired of got damn politics dominating everything. The two parties are supposed to work together and get shit done. Not forego the American people in favor of their party wars, self serving bullshit. But in this case, the left has gone too far and it’s warranted. It’s about unanimous now among the people, and I mean the right, the right of center moderates (I put myself in that camp, moderate), the centrists, and the left of center, people who can think Dems who are just left of center. The extreme left has gone too far in too many areas and the whole country except the extreme left has had it. Go woke go broke is going to extend to the polls.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Just so I have this straight in my head…
This individual is leaving a Gun Forum because the SCOTUS ruled that there is no constitutional protection for abortion ?!?!? Confused Roll Eyes Confused Roll Eyes

Uuhhhhhhhmmmmmm…yes. I think.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:...

LOL The 46and2 step.

(Where's them HEE HAW dancin' pigs?)

Holy shit Casey! Never have heard that before. Cross Canadian Ragweed? LoL Gotta say it's spot on. hahahahahahahahahahaha

They might have remade it, but that song is every bit of 35 years old. Believe me, I first heard it about that long ago in a place I wasn’t supposed to be in at the time.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
So let me get this right, he has been voting Republican since 1988 and just now realized they are pro life?

And, more importantly to him, against drug legalization.

The boy's done smoked too much of the devil's lettuce.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twist:

They might have remade it, but that song is every bit of 35 years old. Believe me, I first heard it about that long ago in a place I wasn’t supposed to be in at the time.

I first heard it on the radio on the Dr. Demento Show so at least 40 years ago.

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
And for those who are wondering ... here is the song again:

Holy smokes, it's been forever since I heard the Rodeo Song! Thank you, Old Dino for some great laughs and memories. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When R v. W was decided, 30 states had partial or complete bans on abortion.

The Federal government doesn't have the jurisdiction to pass a national law because all laws about what constitutes murder, if assisted suicide is permitted, and every else along these lines is state law, not Federal. I'm sure they could come up with yet another stretch of legal reasoning using the commerce clause, but in 50 years they haven't had the political will to do anything because the Supreme Court did it for them. I don't think they could get a Federal law passed because each Senator and Representative would have to go on record with their vote, and it's still a very controversial issue.

So now, states will do as they choose, and people can vote for someone else at the state level if they don't like it.

If there is a Federal law, it will have to be based on compromise, like the Founders intended. Not a total ban and not allowing late term abortions, but somewhere in the middle. 15 weeks seems more than reasonable and is consistent with many other western countries. The pro-abortion people that brought this case now are probably seriously regretting it. If they just let 15 weeks, with exceptions for health emergencies and significant fetal deformities, stand, R v. W could not have been in play. But they wanted it all and now they got none.

For years there were no 2nd amendment cases due to fear a liberal court would decide that the 2nd is a collective right and not individual once and for all. 2008 was the right time with the right court for Heller, and it is even better now. This was the wrong time and the pro-abortion people overplayed their hand.

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
I must have missed the ad in the classifieds where you're selling all your guns?

Was thinking the same thing. Especially the 9mm’s because they blow lungs out of the body you know….

AMF

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's the one I remember too. BTW, 46and2 you aren't some warrior for truth and justice. You are deluded and have been duped. BTW, not killing babies isn't the sole domain of Christians, it's that of decent people of all stripes.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Blaming others for your own confusion and twisted beliefs is not wise.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

I first heard it on the radio on the Dr. Demento Show so at least 40 years ago.

Hah! Now that just brought back some memories. I honestly hadn’t thought about Doc D in a while and I never heard him play that song, though it’s definitely in what was his wheel house.

I loved that guy’s musical selections.

I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Good riddance. Most likely was a Romney Republican all those years anyway. I have no loss for anyone who is so triggered on a decision that just might save some children from being murdered.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

Blah blah blah...but it's time to say goodbye.

"Roger Challenger, go for throttle up!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
He's smoked his brain away, many such cases, sad.

I seem to remember that the OP ridiculed a post linked to a study that investigated the possibility of marijuana psychosis. Correlation or causation? Self-medication or an increasining oscillation of neurobiology?

Please read the study at first hand.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3927252/

The OP was kind enough to suggest the album 'Tusk' in the Fleetwood Mac thread, so there's that.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I’ve been here since 2008 and the OP always had sand in his vag about abortion.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Just another Cragar.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post