SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US is monitoring Chinese spy balloon that has been floating over Montana for the past several days
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US is monitoring Chinese spy balloon that has been floating over Montana for the past several days Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I called emp on page 2.

Posts: 1741 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1flynDO:
I called emp on page 2.

Not an EMP … a steerable package of “sensors” likely stream data real-time.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30383 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Unless we are engaged in some slick counter-intelligence op, feeding the chicoms false information that will degrade their military capability, we should have not let it over our territory. Even if an assessment said it was not a threat, the position should always be shoot it down.

By letting it into our airspace we have revealed that we will let such a thing into our airspace. There's no way to ensure it (or the next one) isn't a trojan horse carrying something nasty that is sitting silent until in position to be released.

Posts: 9425 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oscar Zulu:
Better call Frank Luke..

OZ

I also wondered why an F 22 would be needed. The lowest tech airplane the USAF has would be sufficient.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53119 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Geez, this story has blown up err taken off err this story is number one all over the place, and it's making people number two all over the place. Razz

As I said earlier, perhaps all this anxiety about the Chinese thing in the sky will cause some of the politically indifferent to wake up and see where we are in terms of our incompetent leadership.

Imagine how Americans felt when the Soviets launched Sputnik in 1957.

Posts: 107413 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k8qjxT1iIAM" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Good to know I wasn't the only one to remember this scene from "F Troop".

Posts: 3210 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
This sounds like a bit from Orwell's 1984.

quote:
...at just this moment it had been announced that Oceania was not after all at war with Eurasia. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Eurasia was an ally.

There was, of course, no admission that any change had taken place. Merely it became known, with extreme suddenness and everywhere at once, that Eastasia and not Eurasia was the enemy.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
So does it contain germ warfare.

Weather control. The .gov is contracting out the chemtrailing to the Chinese.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53119 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
The news is saying there’s a second one somewhere over Canada; the Canadians are “investigating” …

The Chinese are tracking caribou migrations.

What is this about "parking" a balloon over Canada. In my understanding of balloons, they do not park. They go where they are blown.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
If one of the Chinese 'civilian' weather monitoring balloons strayed out of control and over our territory, shouldn't we recover it and present it back to them?

What's left of it that is.

I think it's equally plausible that it might be accidentally targeted by a US Missile fired at a target drone. OOPS!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37946 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Man this story sound familiar. Real or maybe from a movie?
Perhaps you are recalling Japanese actions during WWII, when they sent balloons that reached the western half of the United States.

They sent balloons carrying containers filled with millions upon millons of fleas infected with bubonic plague (or anthrax, I can't recall).

They also managed to kill a half dozen American civilians by dropping a bomb from one of these balloons.

Wow. I was not aware of that and I like to think I’m pretty up on my WW2 history; I’m going to read up.

I think what I am looking for is a clip from an episode of Star Trek. I posted in the lair so as not to district from the thread.

We tried something even more weird. We attached tiny incindiaries to bats, and thought we'd try setting fire to Japan with them. It sort of worked. We tested it, and a few bats flew into U.S. facilities where the tests were being done and started fires. We scrapped the project because it wouldn't be ready to go in time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_bomb

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
Unless we are engaged in some slick counter-intelligence op, feeding the chicoms false information that will degrade their military capability, we should have not let it over our territory. Even if an assessment said it was not a threat, the position should always be shoot it down.

By letting it into our airspace we have revealed that we will let such a thing into our airspace. There's no way to ensure it (or the next one) isn't a trojan horse carrying something nasty that is sitting silent until in position to be released.
Thats exactly how these things start out. It’s just a test of poking the sleeping giant and this giant took a look and went back to sleep. Such a shame.

Posts: 3901 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Around the world in 80 days” remake?

Posts: 177 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Kinda surprised some good ole' boys out there haven't resolved this situation.

I don’t care how fast you hit the railroad bridge down by old man Jenkin’s farm, a ‘69 Charger is not going to get 75,000’ of altitude.

Posts: 10895 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am Weather Balloon!
Picture of I am Weather Balloon!
posted Hide Post
Hello!

I am Weather Balloon!

I am Weather Balloon!

Posts: 16 | Registered: February 03, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I love when the eagle unleashes his comedic side

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23181 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30383 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
LOL

Nothing to see here. Just a little ole Chinese weather balloon.

Posts: 18023 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Bwahahahaha! Big Grin

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8520 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post