SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US is monitoring Chinese spy balloon that has been floating over Montana for the past several days
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US is monitoring Chinese spy balloon that has been floating over Montana for the past several days Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...rump-administration/

A Biden administration official confirmed that the United States was unaware of the Chinese spy balloons that flew over the United States during the Trump administration until after he left office.

The unnamed defense official confirmed to Fox News that Chinese spy balloons traveled over the United States at least three times during the previous administration, specifically in Florida and Texas. The former president and his top security and defense officials have refuted this claim, but the Biden official noted that the balloons remained undetected until after he had left office

“U.S. intelligence, not the Biden administration” assesses that “PRC (People’s Republic of China) government surveillance balloons transited the continental U.S. briefly at least three times during the prior administration and once that we know of at the beginning of this administration, but never for this duration of time.”

The official told Fox News that “this information was discovered after the [Trump] administration left.”

“They went undetected,” the official told Fox News Digital.

Posts: 19494 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
...but the Biden official noted that the balloons remained undetected until after he had left office
<raises hand to get teachers attention>, oh, ok... </> Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6187 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Can we please stop with the "This is just a distraction" stuff? Every time something happens which takes precedence over some other story, we pull out this old, tired theory.

Lots and lots of things happen in the world. It's not a conspiracy when the priority of news items changes, especially when the stories we claim we are being distracted from are so significant, they are not going away.

I think we can all agree that this balloon stuff is a significant story. The world is not going to stop turning on its axis if we talk about something other than classified documents for a few days.

Posts: 107232 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Did Chinese spy balloons fly near the US during the Trump administration, and General Milley deliberately withheld that information from the White House? Could he have really done that?
I wouldn't put it past that weak, treasonous son of a bitch. Recall that he admitted that he was in contact with the Chinese military during the Trump administration and told them that he would give them a heads-up if President Trump went off his rocker. Motherfucking TRAITOR. Mad This demonstrates how politically biased he is and how very poor is his judgement. He should have been court martialed, stripped of rank and IMPRISONED.

You want to run for office, Milley? Then, resign your commission, take off that uniform and go run for office. Short of that, your loyalty should be to THIS COUNTRY ALONE and your duty is to serve at the pleasure of the Commander in Chief. You don't get a choice in the matter, you disgusting sack of shit. Benedict Arnold's got nothing on you, traitor.

My blood boils every time I see this fucking fraud.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Explosives? Not cool Weather Balloon.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30284 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wouldn't put it past that weak, treasonous son of a bitch... demonstrates how politically biased he is and how very poor is his judgement. TRAITOR.

Milley was the guest of honor and main speaker at my nephew's graduation last May. The speech wasn't bad, in and of itself, but it really irked me. Later, I went through a transcript and picked it apart. He didn't live up to a word of what he said.
He's a liar, and a TRAITOR.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23928 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Explosives? Not cool Weather Balloon.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1622660712551129091" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 321px; display: block; border: none; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.azurewebsites.net/embeds/bgmessage.png');" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

This is the General whose ass is on the line. He doesn't know if there was explosives onboard but, he's tossing it out there....smh

Payload of a jetliner...really? a 737 carries about 20-22 tons, we're talking about a balloon general lets not get carried away Roll Eyes

Posts: 14551 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A clue to the size of this balloon is this photo from FoxNews and its tag line:

"In this photo provided by Brian Branch, a large balloon drifts above the Kingston, North Carolina area, with an airplane and its contrail seen below it."

A twin engine jet aircraft. Look at the distance between the two contrails and then look at the diameter of the balloon, which was probably 20,000 feet or more above that aircraft. Yes, the thing was huge.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Para is correct, it was huge...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16251 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Short of that, your loyalty should be to THIS COUNTRY ALONE and your duty is to serve at the pleasure of the Commander in Chief. You don't get a choice in the matter, you disgusting sack of shit. Benedict Arnold's got nothing on you, traitor.

My blood boils every time I see this fucking fraud.
Not to be contradictory and my blood boils just as strongly, but that sunuvabitch's loyalty is to The Constitution of the United States, as in "...to support and defend against all enemies, foreign and domestic". THAT...is the oath that TREASONOUS sunuvabitch took, but has FAILED miserably!! Mad Mad Mad
==========
Added note: Everyone is up in arms about a fucking BALLOON!!! With every login and post to Tik Tok, one gives up waaaaaaaaaaay more intel and secrets than any fucking balloon could gather. JSMH......
==========

Just an FYI...the highest Maximum Gross Takeoff Weight of any B737 in our fleet is:

194,700 lbs. or 97.35 tons

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was hoping our new member Weather Balloon would check in again. But he may be on an extended scuba diving trip off the Carolinas. Or in Langley, VA
Or Rehoboth DL.
And not a word from him about fixing my flashlight!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15989 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I was hoping our new member Weather Balloon would check in again. But he may be on an extended scuba diving trip off the Carolinas. Or in Langley, VA
Or Rehoboth DL.

IaaWB is busy atm w ministry of information retrieval …

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
But on Sunday, a senior administration official told Fox News Digital ...

And Fox never names this source. Complete trash journalism.

quote:
"Two things can be true at once: this happened, and it wasn’t detected," the official told Fox News Digital.

Right, it's Schrödinger's balloon. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30284 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So let me get this straight. The very same people that leaked everything and anything they could to make Trump look foolish and incompetent ALL KEPT THEIR MOUTHS SHUT when 3 Chicom spy balloons entered US airspace?

The same people that made it headline news that Trump got two scoops of ice cream in the White House while visitors only got one?

Yeah this is pure BULLSHIT

Biden and the military looked like a bunch of Keystone Kops during this entire debacle, all this is is damage control now to try and save face for this weak old fool. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33573 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Even John Bolton, who had an acrimonious relationship and falling-out with Trump, says the balloon stories are bogus.

Posts: 27810 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden is willing to sell out our national security to get a piece of paper with China on global warming.

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 545 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Or Rehoboth DL.

Maybe we should start a Gofundme for the little feller...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16251 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It seems that the ridiculous handling of this incident has accelerated the push to get TikTok out of this country- not only on federal and state devices, but completely. Apple and Google are being urged to remove this Chinese spy app from their app stores.

YET AGAIN, Donald Trump was right, but when he suggested banning TikTok, oh, he was just a mean old bastard stuck in the 20th Century.

Anything posted on TikTok is funnelled directly to the Chinese Communist Party. All data about the device being used, and about the user, is preserved and mined by the Chinese communists.