SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US is monitoring Chinese spy balloon that has been floating over Montana for the past several days
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US is monitoring Chinese spy balloon that has been floating over Montana for the past several days Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Perhaps I am underestimating our counter intelligence community, but I just can't for the life of me think it would be a challenge for any of the tens of thousands of Chinese nationals already in out country to hop in a car, or rent a plane and do this on their own with far less publicity.

Well, for one, they wouldn't have all that fancy equipment that was likely on the balloon for collecting whatever data they were amassing over a huge swath of the United States mainland at once.

And it seems to me that if thousands of Chinese on the ground were doing some shady crap like that, it would indeed grab the attention of our intelligence people. Or one would hope.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't a bunch of smarty pants key strokers land a mini van on a Pentagon sized space meteorite traveling 6 Millon miles a minute,
Not that long ago?

But now there is a "giant risk "
In popping a balloon that can be seen with binoculars?

Before they collected all the data they needed.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Its now entirely obvious that China is THE ENEMY and we should start to deal with them as such.

A couple of steps should be taken immediately.

Expel every single Chinese student at every campus in the US. Get them out of this country.

Nationalize every single Chinese owned business on US soil.

I know the demented piece of shit in the WH won't do squat. Don't want to piss off his masters.

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Yep, this country is loaded with Chinese "smart" electronics and foreign nationals. What do they need a balloon to do that all these resources in place cannot or will not do?

Make biden do his version of obummer bowing to a saudi king?

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
President Trump did exactly what I hoped he would do:

Never Happened

So if I understand you correctly, it is your assertion that President Joe Biden is a lier? Shocked I tell you, shocked! Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Well that's a pretty unequivocal, 'No Effin Way...Didn't Happen', from pretty much EVERYONE involved during the Trump Administration!

Yup, but the TDS/Orange Man Bad crowd slurp up the shit that comes out of the Dems mouths as if it was manna from heaven so they take whatever Brandon says as gospel regardless of any evidence to the contrary.

Fox now backtracking and saying an un-named “defense official” says that info of incursions during President Trump’s term wasn’t discovered until after he left office. Suuuure…. Roll Eyes I wonder if that was one of the guys who signed on to the letter saying hunter’s laptop was fake.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...enior-biden-official

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Chinese Balloon = Hunter Biden off front page.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
U.S Officials Confirm Third Chinese Balloon, Refuse to Reveal Location

https://slaynews.com/news/us-o...ign=daily-newsletter

The Pentagon admitted in a statement that the Biden administration was aware that the balloon was gathering data but didn’t reveal what information it was collecting.

The Washington Post reported that the U.S. officials have identified “a third operating elsewhere,” but they declined to give the balloon’s location.

More at link

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good

Keep doing everything wrong

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I don't understand Biden's position. Don't shoot the thing down because people might get hurt?

And this was weighed against the probability that the balloon was collecting intelligence that could be used to make an event of mass destruction more effective?

So, save a few now at the cost of thousands or millions more later?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Wow. These people.

Chinese spy balloons over US during Trump admin 'discovered after' he left office: senior Biden official

This is like Hunter Biden saying "OK, it's not my laptop, but all the information on the laptop is mine." Roll Eyes

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Well, I don’t need a Chinese spy balloon to know that their lips are moving.

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Cell and WiFi data, both civilian and military, possibly could've been gobbled up as well.

You'd need a lot of power in order to collect and process that. Not sure '4-school buses' sized solar panels and batteries, are going to be enough...could be wrong but, they'd have too be robust to survive flying around along the jet stream, in the winter time. I believe the payload that balloon was lugging around was estimated at 4-tons....half of that weight is the likely frame/structure and solar panels. Collecting data is one thing, transmitting is another....haven't heard anything regarding any arrays/antenaes to uplink to a satellite, probably there but, no pics.
quote:
Some loose, unconfirmed chatter about people's cell phones acting weird where the balloon flew over.

IF TRUE...I would wager electronic warfare jamming transmissions or, simple speculation gone wild.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Collecting data is one thing, transmitting is another....haven't heard anything regarding any arrays/antenaes to uplink to a satellite.

All seemingly true, yet it was being maneuvered around somehow, yes? Presumably the Chinese were sending and receiving signals to/from it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I must say I am surprised at the lack of sympathy here for the demise of short time forum member I am Weather Balloon. He/Him, She/Her, It/Shit seemed like a happy, cheerful sort. I will miss the friendly "Hello!"s. It's sad that in the end even Kamala couldn't save our bloviating gasbag friend. Alas, she probably sucked when she should have blowed....

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have we recovered it yet? I have not seen anything that says we have.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
In honor of I am Weather Balloon, I did post a link to ELO’s “Don’t Bring Me Down”.

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
^ Good tune

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6968 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Well, now that they’ve had a day to get their stories straight, what I’m seeing Biden apologist type people on social media saying is that “Biden knew about this balloon all along but they wanted to jam the signal and gather intel on it before waiting 8 days to shoot it down”.

Yeah right Roll Eyes

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Wow. These people.

Chinese spy balloons over US during Trump admin 'discovered after' he left office: senior Biden official

This is like Hunter Biden saying "OK, it's not my laptop, but all the information on the laptop is mine." Roll Eyes

They other day I bought a 1/5th of cheap vodka and a 2 liter RC cola as a chaser.

Also ordered a 2 quart container of pickled pigs feet from amazon.

Took the day and skulled it all in a few hours. Shortly
there after I purchased and ate a 60 dollar late night pack from Taco Bell,followed by a 1 lb chorizo burrito for breakfast . extra salsa of course.

It's now Trumps fault my chocolate starfish is burning. And my stomach hurts.

Trumps fault I'm sure
Roll Eyes

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Well, now that they’ve had a day to get their stories straight, what I’m seeing Biden apologist type people on social media saying is that “Biden knew about this balloon all along but they wanted to jam the signal and gather intel on it before waiting 8 days to shoot it down”.

Yeah right Roll Eyes

Yeah, they didn't jam shit. The damn thing was still being maneuvered around remotely, was it not? So it was still getting signals.

More horseshit from this exceptionally incompetent administration.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)