Find
Notify
Tools

Olympics 2024 Login/Join 
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Badminton, Break Dancing, Golf, Skateboarding, Ping Pong, Trampoline?

Is this really what people (I don't use word Athlete here) really want to be known for?

Forrest what's that Gold medal for? "I won it for playing Ping Pong"

Is this really what society has fallen too?

My rant..

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1432 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Opening ceremonies have started.

No stadium marches. They are bringing the athletes in by boat down the river Seine.

First performance was Lady Gaga...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
It would appear they are now mocking the Last Supper with a bunch of drag queens!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25646 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
‘Gayest Olympics Ever’: Paris Olympics Opens with Suggested Bisexual Threesome

quote:
From the moment that the 2024 Paris Olympics launched its opening ceremony with an elaborate street dance scene, it became clear that pushing the LGBTQ agenda was at the top of the program with a sequence that made the opening the “gayest opening ceremony ever.”

The opening dance number featured women flung around on poles as rain fell on the ceremonies. Others danced in the streets, including men lovingly embracing each other as they cavorted onto one of the many bridges across the Seine River in Paris.

However, one of the prerecorded dance segments was even more explicitly LGBT, as three dancers in gender-ambiguous costumes ran through the streets of Paris and into a building. Their segment ended with the three — two males and one female — nearing each other in dramatic kisses, then entering a room to further their amorous acts.

The segment ended with one of the dancers looking back at the camera and slamming a door in the viewers’ faces, making it clear that the three were planning on engaging in more intimate contact.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17128 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Boycott. Mocking of Christ, Blasphemy, Transgenders allowed in some events. Outright attacking of Christianity in opening ceremonies.

Glad I had already decided not to watch based on allowing America hating athletes on team USA.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I definitely won't be watching.

Posts: 8842 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
Boycott. Mocking of Christ, Blasphemy, Transgenders allowed in some events. Outright attacking of Christianity in opening ceremonies.

Glad I had already decided not to watch based on allowing America hating athletes on team USA.

^^^ Thanks for letting me know. I'm glad I haven't even paid attention to this filth.

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm a few decades past caring about this marketing exercise.
Another magnet for any of the variety of crazies in the world to do something repulsive to get attention.
No thanks.

Posts: 9785 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Worst opening ceremony ever . Downright freaky at times . Whomever choreographed all of the dancing needs to be deported .

Posts: 4234 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Disappointed by the gay theme put forth by whoever created the ceremony.

I just want to watch the games.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I used to love the Summer Games but over the past few of them, I just stopped giving a shit, although I did pay attention to the swimming with Phelps.

Now, I'm looking forward to Griner's team losing, and the World Anti Doping People to step up to the plate. Last Olympics, in Beijing, a bunch of Chinese athletes tested positive for a banned substance but China blamed it on hotel food. There was a heavy hand of not wanting to piss off the host country and the WADA accepted the hotel answer and let the athletes compete. Some won medals and some of those athletes are competing in Paris.

The US complained then, and now, that WADA did nothing they currently say they have no confidence in WADA. In turn, the IOC says that countries cannot dis the IOC and subsidiary bodies, including WADA. As of this week, the IOC said if the US doesn't tone it down, they may lose LA 28 and Salt Lake City for the Winter Games.

I'd like to see the entire thing crash and burn.

I'd be happy if the US hoops team is bounced, women's soccer just cuz, US shooters do well, women's volleyball just because of skimpy outfits, US swimming do well, LeBron tears an ACL, and I'd love to see the extremist Muslims have nice robust demonstrations for the world to see.

Posts: 4243 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
They just love to mock Da Vinci's masterpiece The Last Supper. Make Jesus a fat woman, make the disciples trannys. They do it because they can, without fear of any substantive reprisal other than harsh words

Of course they never mock Islam or Mohammed, because they know there will be a violent response - rioting, looting, burning, and even beheading.

I'm not even a practicing Christian and mostly Agnostic. But even so, this shit is going over the line.

Posts: 4908 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping the Swedish Girls' Soccer team beats the USA team like they did in world cup.

Posts: 11079 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This opening ceremony is one of the most cringe things I’ve ever seen. I’d turn it off but I’m not the only one watching this garbage and they all wanted to see it.

Posts: 720 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Its just starting local here. I hope it beats the Albertville ceremony.

45 minutes in. Not good at all

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6400 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Olympics have become a joke, totally corrupt. I quit watching when they kicked women's softball to the curb because no one could beat the U.S.A., anyone remember Jenny Finch? Instead they promote the leftover X Games throwback “activities” not sports.

Posts: 13 | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAvet:
I quit watching when they kicked women's softball to the curb because no one could beat the U.S.A....
Baseball & softball have been in & out of the Olympics, b/c when it comes down to it, it's not played very competitively on a global scale.

The Olympic Charter indicates that in order to be accepted, a sport must be widely practiced by men in at least 75 countries and on four continents and by women in no fewer than 40 countries and on three continents.

You can joke all you want about badminton, table tennis, synchronized swimming, etc not being real sports; however, they are played a lot more internationally than baseball & softball.

The host city/nation has say in which sports get added or dropped. That's why the Olympics had baseball/softball in Atlanta, Sydney, Beijing, & Tokyo but not in London, Rio de Janeiro, & Paris. That's why karate was a one & done Olympic sport in Tokyo. Breakdancing is one & done in Paris. It shouldn't come as a surprise that baseball/softball return in the 2028 Los Angeles Games. Lacrosse and Flag Football will be full-medal sports too in L.A., but expect those to be one & done.

Posts: 3252 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Is that a bearded tranny? Yeah I’m out

https://x.com/endwokeness/stat...931037055775055?s=46

This thing is a complete mockery of all that’s good and right

Posts: 34469 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'm not clicking on it, but man, why do you have to post that filth here? What P226RN posted in written words was plenty enough for me.

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
At least we have soccer, rugby, gymnastics, swimming, shooting, track and field,...

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6400 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post