Find
Notify
Tools

Olympics 2024 Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hey everybody, I found an unwrapped chocolate medallion...

Not really. It was one of those shitty olympic medals.

I would have wanted dark chocolate anyway.

Frown

Posts: 9404 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Hey everybody, I found an unwrapped chocolate medallion...

Not really. It was one of those shitty olympic medals.

I would have wanted dark chocolate anyway.

Frown

Think of all the new "sports" they've added in the past several decades including many team sports.They must have to give out thousands of medals so they had to cut corners somewhere.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It's a bronze medal. It oxidizes. The guy's been sweating on it, putting his grimy hands on it for days. He's wearing it everywhere. If this loser didn't want it to show superficial corrosion, he should've won silver or gold.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
https://x.com/fenixammunition/..._fHgfUClbiKRXblgcsTA

Kennedy Blades, my co-workers daughter!
There might be an arrest warrant for her, she murdered her opponent! Wink

I think she’s going for the medal tomorrow morning.
Keeping my fingers crossed!

Coming soon to WWE

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCITGh9UC0Y

Kennedy got the Silver Medal!!!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8522 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCITGh9UC0Y

Kennedy got the Silver Medal!!!

Yes she did, and she wrestled well in the final match, she just came up short. She is young, so I see a gold in her future.

Spencer Lee also earned a Silver medal. Only 6 weeks ago, my son was at a wrestling camp training with Spencer, his wrestling hero.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DrDan,

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4999 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
The games are over Para…

Here’s the final medal count.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3634 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Whew! We didn't lose out to China on total gold. Cool

Look who got choked up during the Star-Spangled Banner.

I hope you've learned to appreciate that freedom you enjoy as an American, Brittney.

Posts: 2704 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Ok, the Tom Cruise thing was cool.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Once again, an overblown self-aggrandized closing ceremony. Finally, the Paris Freakazoid Olympics are DONE. But given how the Los Angeles Games were introduced, it’ll be just as FUBARed as Paris.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2797 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
If you're looking to read a good story, on a good person, check out Lee Kiefer. Best American woman fencer in history, and its not close. She's suspended her medical school training for 5-6 years to win gold last time and defend and win again this time, plus lead team to first ever gold.

Her video with cookie monster from Sesame street is worth a watch and a chuckle too.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5671 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I feel bad for a lot of the athletes that had to endure that dreary and numbingly boring closing ceremony. I didn’t think they could go lower but the managed.

At least those watching on tv could change the channel

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I went nuts today trying to find the men's marathon, not on cable, is it on effing Peacock?!
It's always been a premier attraction, the closing event with a lap at the stadium for the finish, signaling the end of the Olympics.

Oh wait, what's this?? It was yesterday and it was a barn burner finish, fuck me. Mad

Strike a blow against the patriarchy, a gold medal virtue signal, job done.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8544 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I saw most of the closing ceremonies. I thought they were pretty decent.

The handover to the US for LA 2028 was pretty cool. I will say I'm not a Tom Cruise fan so I wasn't a fan of that part but I enjoyed the rest.

I did notice that they claimed the 5 continents were represented on stage for the handover, yet oddly enough there was not a single white male representing any continent. Huh....

It also appeared that "Raygunn" the Australian break dancer quickly became the viral sensation of the games by scoring 0 points in a "Stewart Larkin look what I can do" level performance. She was of course defended for being a courageous woman breaking into a male dominated sport.... who oddly enough competed in the women's event and only competed against women in the tryout and games. Remember she scored zero points in any of her three preliminary round match ups. Sad how it's the men's fault....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:

I hope you've learned to appreciate that freedom you enjoy as an American, Brittney.

Amazing what a little time in a gulag can do to a person…

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:

Amazing what a little time in a gulag can do to a person…

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad that woke shit is over.

Posts: 136 | Registered: December 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
And the LA mayor announcing today that the LA games will be, "Car free" with all spectators arriving by public transit.

The green woke shit continues...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11884 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23654 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I wonder if she knows who Peter Ueberroth is

should we tell her?

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post