Olympics 2024 Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This nasty shit does not represent my country

Good lord. The Olympics now has a twerking competition? Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
What 'sport' was that in lead up to?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15977 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
That was pure ghetto right there.

It's parents must be so proud.

Posts: 7392 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
She "they/them" is a competitor in the womens shot put even though she claims transgender, pronouns etc. Medaled in Japan. Wears a mask and sunglasses.

That bullshit display is probably part of her transgender mask shtick to get attention, and it's unacceptable behavior.

It's problematic because it makes people want to turn away from the Olympics and the athletes that are there to compete based on skills, hard work and for the country.

Many of us grew up watching these events, winter and summer games and remember the Thrill of Victory and the Agony of Defeat, and none of this Woke agenda crap.

Posts: 24231 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
What 'sport' was that in lead up to?

New Olympic Sport in Track and Field: Acting The Fool.

Posts: 4054 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Many of us grew up watching these events, winter and summer games and remember the Thrill of Victory and the Agony of Defeat, and none of this Woke agenda crap.

Yup, I remember Bruce Jenner winning the decathlon and as a result being on every box of Wheaties one could find. For years.

I Wonder what ever happened to him.

Eek Oh, never mind Eek

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11090 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's problematic because it makes people want to turn away from the Olympics and the athletes that are there to compete based on skills, hard work and for the country.

It's not a problem for me in the least bit. If I couldn't watch it with my (non-existent) children, then I'm not going to sneak around and watch it after they go to bed.

I'll just leave the Olympics to the alphabet people. The fact that the organizers even considered that opening for the Olympics is enough for me to never watch it again.

There's no apologies they could make that will change my mind.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
I will say, we giggled quite a bit on the “3x3 basketball.” Why playground ball was made an Olympic sport is beyond us, but it was hilarious - and would be a great sport for retired NBA players.

Yea I saw that too. I'm still thinking WTF ??? There's nothing about that game suitable for the Olympics, not by a long shot. We used to do that waiting for a full court to free up. Stupid.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8917 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The equestrian competition has been outstanding. If you want to see the heart, spirit, conditioning, and precision of great horse riding, check out the streaming equestrian events. Spectacular stuff.

The boys approve. (Most of the competitors are mares.)

And my old boy, Karma, is all in.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Firehoses and Lawn Darts

Two teams on a soccer field, twelve players each side. Each team gets one high-pressure firehose. The other eleven members of each team get 18 lawn darts.

Capture the opposing team's firehose. That's it. No referees, no rules except you can't leave the field unless you're on a stretcher.

Two 20 minute halfs. 20 minute halftime to remove the dead and treat puncture wounds. The second half, another 18 lawn darts are handed out to each member.

You want a fuckin' gold medal? How bad you want it?

That's pretty creative. The more I try to run that game in my head the more I like it.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8917 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post

The Babylon Bee...You saw it there first!

https://x.com/TheBabylonBee/st.../1819100792072155518

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9435 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As one commenter said, "the worst Olympics since Munich."

https://x.com/gatewaypundit/st.../1821906433299845208

Posts: 109046 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
bbcode image link

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3634 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
As one commenter said, "the worst Olympics since Munich."

https://x.com/gatewaypundit/st.../1821906433299845208

That's not the Olympics. That's at a Crossfit event in Texas.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...-competition-events/

Posts: 33037 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109046 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biologist Richard Dawkins Says Facebook Nuked Account After Posting That Male Boxers Shouldn't Fight Women

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ould-not-fight-women

Facebook has nuked the account of famed evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins after he said that genetically male boxers should not be allowed to fight women in the Olympics.

On Saturday morning, Dawkins posted on X about the shocking censorship - saying that there was no reason given for the sudden removal of his account.

"My entire @facebook account has been deleted, seemingly (no reason given) because I tweeted that genetically male boxers such as Imane Khalif (XY undisputed) should not fight women in Olympics. Of course my opinion is open to civilised argument. But outright censorship?"

More at link

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/fenixammunition/..._fHgfUClbiKRXblgcsTA

Kennedy Blades, my co-workers daughter!
There might be an arrest warrant for her, she murdered her opponent! Wink

I think she’s going for the medal tomorrow morning.
Keeping my fingers crossed!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8522 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
https://x.com/fenixammunition/..._fHgfUClbiKRXblgcsTA

Kennedy Blades, my co-workers daughter!

I think she’s going for the medal tomorrow morning.
Keeping my fingers crossed!
Holy crap that was an impressive throw! Good luck to her.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USA - France basketball final. Looks like any other NBA game

Posts: 801 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

She damn near did. Thats a good way to break a neck.

Posts: 20563 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post