SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home Login/Join 
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
So either they lost the memo where Trump declassified the papers OR they planted the stuff they wanted to find.

Actually reading the search warrant, this was a huge fishing expedition as one of the things listed was ALL paperwork for Trump's entire presidency from when he took office to when he left. Due to the low ratings of season #1 of the January 6th Committee, they need new material for the narrative for the season 2 production coming up.

Just remember EVERY single thing Trump has said has been eventually proven true.

Posts: 3932 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A person who tweets as "Kingmaker Big IF! (True)" made an observation about the warrant that I completely missed

Talk about a fishing expedition

from the warrant "property to be seized":

"Any physical documents with classification markings, ( remember this could include "Unclassified")

along with any containers/boxes ( including any other contents ) in which such documents are located,

as well as any other containers/boxes that are collectively stored or found together with the aforementioned documents and containers/boxes"

With something this broad the FBI might have taken everything there

Posts: 19568 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^This one from the warrant jumped right off the page and is particularly rich:

c. Any government and/or Presidential Records created between January 20, 2017 and January 20, 2021...

Roll Eyes Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8875 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^This one from the warrant jumped right off the page and is particularly rich:

c. Any government and/or Presidential Records created between January 20, 2017 and January 20, 2021...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Standard boilerplate language. Most subpoenas and warrants have a clause covering anything and everything. They just inserted the word Presidential.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12672 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Anyone think that the “whistleblower“ works for the executive office? Like another agency?

Furthermore I disagree with the guy above that says Trump will be a lame duck from day one because he can’t run again. Lame duck means they’re neutered. Don’t see that happening with Trump.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Standard boilerplate language. Most subpoenas and warrants have a clause covering anything and everything. They just inserted the word Presidential.

Bullshit! EVERYTHING from his entire Presidency...They trying to erase him! Mad

ETA - Not sure how you arrive at this conclusion. Warrants are definitely NOT supposed to have a clause covering anything and everything, unless of course they're issued by a corrupt and tyrannical .gov, as in a third world 'bananna republic' or communist dictatorship! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8875 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I just watched a clip from Laura Ingram and she said that the "whistleblower" may have been one of Trump's Secret Service agents.

Link to that clip.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Color me unshocked ^^^

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
He sure does hire some attractive lawyers. Big Grin

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bullshit! EVERYTHING from his entire Presidency...They trying to erase him! Mad

ETA - Not sure how you arrive at this conclusion. Warrants are definitely NOT supposed to have a clause covering anything and everything, unless of course they're issued by a corrupt and tyrannical .gov, as in a third world 'bananna republic' or communist dictatorship! Roll Eyes

Speaking only about the search warrant ... I agree with ZSMICHAEL that the search warrant is boiler plate with fill in the blanks and usually will have some clause covering anything and everything. Not arguing, just the fact based on what the courts (not LEOs) created.

The search warrant really does not shed light on anything we are all wanting to know, and the search warrant "return" is very basic to the point that any of those boxes could also contain the complete collection of my grandmother's recipes.

What we want to see it the search warrant "affidavit" (currently sealed). It is the affidavit that will have all the details. Cleaver the language being used that the affidavit is sealed because of "on-going investigations".

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Even Bill Maher is saying the FBI just made Trump into a martyr and greatly improved his chances of running again:

Bill Maher slams FBI's Trump raid and claims it has 'saved him politically' from losing to Gov. DeSantis because it will make him President Martyr

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Good legal analysis of Trump raid at Coffee & Covid today...

The Biden Raid Roundup.

Yesterday, the Court unsealed the Biden Raid search warrant and the FBI’s inventory. As I predicted would happen, the new documents provided very little new information, and now everyone wants the affidavit.
Twitter avatar for @TheLeoTerrellTheLeoTerrell @TheLeoTerrell
I will say it over and over and over again. The warrant is meaningless. I want to see the affidavit , affidavit affidavit , affidavit. Merrick Garland release the affidavit.

August 12th 2022
2,474 Retweets10,592 Likes

Remember, nobody except the FBI and the Magistrate have seen the search warrant affidavit at this point. It was NOT provided to Trump or anyone on his team; they’d be the last people to get a copy, and it was not unsealed in the case.

Judicial Watch and several corporate media outlets, including The New York Times, have asked the Court to unseal ALL warrant materials, including the affidavit, “as expeditiously as possible.” The Court ordered the DOJ to respond to those requests by this Monday, August 15th. Obviously the DOJ will oppose unsealing the affidavit, or they’d have already agreed to its unsealing.

My guess is DOJ will cite “sources and methods” as its justification for keeping the affidavit under seal, because that’s what law enforcement always says, and it’s so murky and ambiguous that it’s almost impossible to argue against. Law enforcement always says, “judge, if we reveal our sources it will hurt the investigation, we obviously can’t tell you who the sources are or even confirm whether they exist or not, and it’s not good enough to just redact their name from the affidavit because someone can still guess their identity from the context.”

How do you argue with that?

A betting man would place his bitcoins on Magistrate Reinhart’s keeping the search warrant affidavit sealed, which will further inflame everybody and fuel all the wild conspiracy theories currently circulating social media.

If you want to take a look for yourself, here is a quick link to the now-unsealed search warrant and the inventory, six pages total.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

That picture has proven to be a Photoshop, FNC got busted using it.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
And because Washington is so immeasurably retarded at this point, Politifact had to come out and tell everyone the above Meme was not true and that Judge Reihart was not actually on a plane with Ghislaine Maxwell. In related news, water is wet and fire is hot. Roll EyesRoll EyesRoll EyesRoll EyesRoll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
That picture has proven to be a Photoshop, FNC got busted using it.
No they didn't. I was always a GD joke. Unfortunately a big part of the country has its panties in such a wad that common sense and humor have completely left the building.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Of course it’s Photoshop… It’s a very famous photo of her with Epstein, changed to put in the scandalous magistrate.

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Sorry y’all…deleting. Didn’t fact-check on that at all…my bad.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12672 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need to bring back Effrem Zimbalist junior!

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post