SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
This was the ultimate fishing expedition by the Just Us Department. If they took executive privilege and attorney/client privilege papers, none of this will see the inside of a court or any charges. It will be leaked information from "anonymous sources" to the January 6th Committee and the puppets in the lamestream media to create a "death by a thousand cuts" to Mr. Trump and any campaign to run for President. If they can't convict you, they will smear you and try to cancel you.

The beautiful part is Trump can't be canceled. They spent 6 long years trying and have failed at every attempt and level. Here's to Trump 2024!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7152 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
DOJ now asking for Secret Service personal cell phone numbers:
LINK

My take on this they now want to purge the conservatives out of the SS.

I think it's time to defund the FBI.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4635 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Anyone who thinks the FBI is going anywhere is living in a fantasy world.

Posts: 109058 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the copy of the search warrant I found is correct it has several items to be searched for:

A) Any physical documents with classification markings...

B) Information, including communications in any form, regarding the retrieval, storage, or transmission of national defense information or classified material

C) Any government and/or Presidential Records created between January 20,2017 and January 20,2021;

D) Any evidence of the knowing alteration, destruction, or concealment of any government and/or Presidential Records or of any documents with classification markings.

A, B and D are pretty clear. A and B would not apply to any Jan 6 investigations.

C could have some room for interpretation. Are all forms of communications by a President considered Presidential records? If the president sends a happy birthday text to a friend from high school a Presidential record? Is the president talking to his son about a rally on Jan 6 a Presidential Record?

Majority of the time when an item is discovered during a search warrant which is evidence of a separate crime not listed in the original warrant a new search warrant must be obtained for that item. I have not heard of anything about additional search warrants being requested.

Posts: 5464 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13079 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When all is said and done the ultimate goal is to convict Trump of a felony and prevent him from running for any office again This would end the Dimwits of having to ever deal with him again in the future. My question is when there is a R in the Oval Office could that person pardon DJT and restore his right to run again? Speculative Scenario: R sweep of House and Senate, both Biden and Harris impeached and removed from office before next election, Speaker takes over and pardons Trump etc?

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2941 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump Records Negotiator: Former President in ‘Bureaucratic Battle’ Over Classified Documents

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...8BWA4ypMaPjwBbU3aMPc

Former White House official Kash Patel on Sunday revealed former President Donald Trump has been involved in a battle with the federal government to declassify documents before last week’s FBI raid.

Patel, who was a top official in the Department of Defense, said Trump declassified numerous documents.

“President Trump made me his representative a month ago, and we’ve been in a bureaucratic battle,” he told Fox News on Sunday morning. “We found whole sets of documents we got out to the American public … about 60 percent.”

Patel, who hosts “Kash’s Corner” for Epoch TV, added that Trump “made it his mission to declassify and be transparent.”

“In October 2020, he issued a sweeping declassification order for every single Russiagate document and every single [former Secretary of State] Hillary Clinton document,” Patel said, adding that “whole sets of documents” were declassified under his watch.

“And this is a key fact … President Trump, as a sitting president, is a unilateral authority for declassification,” he continued. “He can literally stand over a set of documents and say ‘these are now declassified,’ and that is done with definitive action immediately.”

Patel further noted that due to the Department of Justice’s latest actions and the FBI’s ongoing investigation, Americans “will never be allowed to see the Russiagate docs or any other docs that President Trump lawfully declassified, and they will hide it from the public.”

Other Details
Late last week, a U.S. magistrate judge ordered the release of the FBI warrant and property record used to raid Trump’s Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach. The documents showed the FBI seized alleged classified documents and said the former president may be under investigation for possibly violating the 1917 Espionage Act and obstruction of justice, although neither the Justice Department nor FBI have released the affidavit in the case.

In late 2020, Trump issued a declassification memo that referred to materials connected to the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation, which has been the subject of intense controversy and scrutiny. Republicans and Trump have long asserted the investigation used fabricated information and anonymous leaks to the press to denigrate the former president.

“I hereby declassify the remaining materials in the binder. This is my final determination under the declassification review and I have directed the Attorney General to implement the redactions proposed in the FBI’s January 17 submission and return to the White House an appropriately redacted copy,” then-President Trump wrote on Dec. 30, 2020, or just three weeks before Joe Biden was sworn in as president.

After the warrant and property receipt were unsealed, Trump posted to his Truth Social page that the materials the FBI allegedly took were “all declassified.”

“They didn’t need to ‘seize’ anything. They could have had it anytime they wanted without playing politics and breaking into Mar-a-Lago. It was in secured storage, with an additional lock put on as per their request,” he wrote on the website on Aug. 12.

On Sunday, the former president wrote that among other items that were taken by agents, attorney-client material and executive privileged material were removed from Mar-a-Lago.

“By copy of this TRUTH, I respectfully request that these documents be immediately returned to the location from which they were taken. Thank you!” Trump wrote.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
When all is said and done the ultimate goal is to convict Trump of a felony and prevent him from running for any office again

That won't prevent Trump from running for President again. Nothing in the Constitution says that a felon can't run for President. He could run from a prison cell if he wanted to.

quote:
My question is when there is a R in the Oval Office could that person pardon DJT and restore his right to run again? Speculative Scenario: R sweep of House and Senate, both Biden and Harris impeached and removed from office before next election, Speaker takes over and pardons Trump etc?

This is simply fantastical nonsense. You must know this simply won't happen, impeaching and convicting both the President and Vice President. You must know that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30908 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
When all is said and done the ultimate goal is to convict Trump of a felony and prevent him from running for any office again

That won't prevent Trump from running for President again. Nothing in the Constitution says that a felon can't run for President. He could run from a prison cell if he wanted to.

There are Federal offenses that if one is found guilty of that include the penalties of immediate removal from office and the inability to hold Federal office again.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25675 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

There are Federal offenses that if one is found guilty of that include the penalties of immediate removal from office and the inability to hold Federal office again.

Those federal statutes do not override the Constitution. The Constitution sets the qualifications and limitations for being President, not a federal law.

Only an impeachment and then conviction in the Senate would've prevented Trump from ever running for President again.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30908 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
A criminal can run for President.
This guy Keith Judd has ran for President from his Texas cell.

Snip...Judd filed to run for president again in the 2012 general election.[14][15] Running again for the Democratic nomination, Judd only qualified for ballot status in the West Virginia primary.[16][17] On May 8, 2012, Judd won 41% of the vote in the against incumbent Barack Obama, a higher percentage of the vote in one state than any other primary opponent of Obama had hitherto achieved in 2012 (a figure later surpassed by John Wolfe, Jr.'s showing in the Arkansas. Snip.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...n%20May,President%22.

Posts: 1653 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
FBI is out of control, time for us to sew those mattress tags back on

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7275 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He’s right. The Constitution lays out the requirements for president. Federal law doesn’t override that. Be prepared for the media barrage that tries to say he can’t run if convicted. Similar to listening to congressman say the Supreme Court ruling is unconstitutional. Pure nonsense for low education voters.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Those federal statutes do not override the Constitution. The Constitution sets the qualifications and limitations for being President, not a federal law.

Only an impeachment and then conviction in the Senate would've prevented Trump from ever running for President again.

quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
He’s right. The Constitution lays out the requirements for president. Federal law doesn’t override that. Be prepared for the media barrage that tries to say he can’t run if convicted. Similar to listening to congressman say the Supreme Court ruling is unconstitutional. Pure nonsense for low education voters.

Read the 14th Amendment Section 3 and get back to me.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25675 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like Section V thereof would be a bigger problem than Section III. However, this latest raid is not going to get Trump convicted of any of the disqualifiers laid out in Section III.

Posts: 3685 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're kidding, right?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You're kidding, right?

I think the point is that’s what they’re angling for, not that he agrees with them. He’s right.

Posts: 17629 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be totally surprised if they actually did this at some point.

Link (article from The Onion)

FBI Sent Itemized Bill For 12-Hour Stay At Mar-A-Lago

PALM BEACH, FLORIDA—Faxing the government agency a detailed invoice days after a raid at the property, a Mar-A-Lago front desk employee reportedly sent the FBI an itemized bill Friday for their 12-hour stay at the resort. “Thank you for visiting Mar-A-Lago, please find an itemized invoice of your expenses attached,” said guest services agent Marie Burns, following up with a courtesy call to the FBI to confirm receipt of the more than $4,500 outstanding bill, which she reminded them must be paid within 72 hours or become subject to a 25% penalty fee every day it went unpaid. “As you can see, failing to vacate the room you were occupying before our standard 11 a.m. checkout time resulted in a second full-night charge of $2,000, as our records indicate you remained on the premises until 8 p.m., with several members of your party milling about the golf course and club on their breaks without purchasing a visitor’s pass—valued at $350 for the day or a yearly membership of $14,000. Plus, you’ll notice a resort fee of $50 per extra person in the room beyond two adults, and our daily parking rate for the 20 armored vehicles you left with our valets. And we did have to double the cleaning fee, seeing as you all left quite the mess of boxes and papers behind. If you’d like to dispute any of these charges, you’ll have to take them up with your personal financial institution, which in your case would be Congress.” Burns went on to explain that since she didn’t know how to charge the agency for the documents they removed from the property, that would show up on the bill as “stolen towels.”

Posts: 7393 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post