SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Connecting dots and they are not even on the same paper.
Perhaps whoever packed the boxes knew of Ghislaine‘s imaginary cellmate.

Naw I know, dot’s still at not on the same paper.
Still strikes me as odd.
What?
The one thing nearly anyone would think of bringing with when leaving the Whitehouse would likely be Epstein‘s client list. Surely the President was privy to this during his presidency.

I would guess most are thinking this could be one item the FBI would have retrieved during the raid.

I saw the speculation on Truth Social and found it both odd and interesting.
In November 2021, Ghislaine blamed things on her imaginary cellmate she called, A-17.
In August 2022, a Box retrieved by the FBI from Mar-A-Lago was labeled A-17.
Links provide in previous post validating two statements above.

However, should have treated this like something found on Facebook and followed the rule of not posting those sorts of things.

Sorry about that.
On the bright side, I did provide links for validation.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
I saw the speculation on Truth Social and found it both odd and interesting.

The speculation and conjecture is running rampant almost everywhere. Like saying Jared Kushner is the mole to lessen heat on some investigations of his business dealings.

We all really need to wait and see as more is revealed.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, now we've had our fun, and that is the very last time we're going to give any attention to ridiculous conspiracy theories.

I am telling you, gentlemen- hear me loud and clear so as to avoid getting any static from the admin- keep this silly shit about Goddamned Epstein et al out of this thread. If I have to address this again, I won't be gentle about it.

And that goes for the rest of the obviously false crap you might pick up from less sane parts of the internet. Use your judgement and think before you post.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if box A-1 contained the secret recipe for a tangy sauce? I hear it could be good on chicken pork or even steak? In double secret speak, those in the know call it “alpha uno”.

Posts: 1799 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the top FBI echelons have figured it out yet that they gave Trump a huge boost for 2024 and instead of destroying him they only made him stronger.

Or maybe they just DGAF Roll Eyes

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Most of the press theories have been crap. Much like the other "breaking news" stuff they have been creating fake news from all along.

We need to wait until this next court hearing on the release of the affidavit for the warrant that the justice department now claims they can't release due to national security issues.
When AG Garland made his statement a few days ago, seeming to call Trumps bluff that he would release all the warrant and search info if Trump would approve, he clearly thought Trump would block it for some reason. When Trump immediately said, go ahead, they have had to change course.

I don't understand how Garland could be so bold or foolish to make his statements, implying there was something Trump wouldn't want released, if he knew (and he of all people should know) there was nothing really there Trump would object to.
Surely he should know that trying to call Trumps bluff, if the government doesn't have a very strong case, isn't going to be successful.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...-arguments-rcna43312

Posts: 9500 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I wonder if the top FBI echelons have figured it out yet that they gave Trump a huge boost for 2024 and instead of destroying him they only made him stronger.

They have the whole weight of the government at their disposal, plus the corrupt media on their side. Their plan is to keep bearing down on him, wearing him out until he breaks. That's my thinking. He's truly a tough nut to crack, but what is the man's limit?

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

They have the whole weight of the government at their disposal, plus the corrupt media on their side. Their plan is to keep bearing down on him, wearing him out until he breaks. That's my thinking. He's truly a tough nut to crack, but what is the man's limit?

I honesty think Trump is this guy and they just can't stand that no matter what they do, he just takes it and shakes it off.

The Russian Interior Ministry/Interior Decorator that Paulie and Christopher were assigned to take out:

(NSFW)

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:

Personally, I don't think they were smart enough to figure out what the unintended consequences would be.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

Personally, I don't think they were smart enough to figure out what the unintended consequences would be.

Yeah, these are the same leftist morons who thought bringing Bergdahl back from captivity would earn them points with the military folks. They don't have a clue.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
[…]unintended consequences….

I’ve been thinking about that book a lot lately. It’s long out of print and copies are anywhere from $70 to $600 on Amazon, but a pdf now exists for those who haven’t read it. If nothing else, it’s an interesting read.

https://billstclair.com/Unintended-Consequences.pdf

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Q

Its not Trump they are trying to break, it's the voters, not the far left, nor the Trump Supporters, neither will waiver.

It's about wearing down those swing voters and people who just want all of this to go away, and getting those voters to believe that the way out is, do not re-elect DJT.

The noise is the attack, not anything they will or will not find, it's the constant noise...

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Do you think if it were just about Trump not every federal agency to be after the middle class in a full on onslaught.

They don’t need 87,000 more IRS agents to go after Trump.

Labor bureau relations board put their thumbs on the scale with Starbucks labor Union votes (SEIU) …

Restrictions on fertilizer in farming

Fake fuel price escalation

I could do this all day long…

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pray I live long enough to see how this SNAFU works out. The lying has always been blatant…”The Border is secure.” AG Garland. Now, it’s absolutely ridiculous insanity.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’ve been thinking about that book a lot lately. It’s long out of print and copies are anywhere from $70 to $600 on Amazon, but a pdf now exists for those who haven’t read it. If nothing else, it’s an interesting read.

That was my first Amazon purchase back in 1998. You know, when all they sold was books. I still have it and I do think about its contents more often these days.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
quote:

That was my first Amazon purchase back in 1998. You know, when all they sold was books. I still have it and I do think about its contents more often these days.

Matthew Brackens Enemies Foreign and Domestic as well

Posts: 770 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

Labor bureau relations board put their thumbs on the scale with Starbucks labor Union votes (SEIU) …

I found that funny when I came across it.

Starbucks: "There's something funny about all the mail-in votes."

Me: "The hell you say!"

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19656 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Are you talking about President Trump? The President can declassify anything he wants by essentially waving his hand over a pile of papers and saying this is declassified. He doesn't go through all that bullshit. The President doesn't file some paperwork with some bureaucrat and wait for approval. That would be ridiculous. Essentially everything in Mar-A-Lago would therefore legally be declassified. Or at least that is how I understand it.

That's pretty much it. I don't think Trump packed all those supposedly classified documents himself and took them out to his plane.

Trump: "I declassified all these when I was President just by saying so."

DOJ: "No, you didn't!"

I heard someone recount how some President went and shared classified information to a foreign leader and, by that act alone, declassified the information.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19656 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old case over audio tapes in Bill Clinton's sock drawer could impact Mar-a-Lago search dispute

Judge ruled in 2012 that a president's discretion to declare records "personal" is far-reaching and mostly unchallengeable.

https://justthenews.com/politi..._campaign=newsletter
When it comes to the National Archives, history has a funny way of repeating itself. And legal experts say a decade-old case over audio tapes that Bill Clinton once kept in his sock drawer may have significant impact over the FBI search of Melania Trump's closet and Donald Trump's personal office.

The case in question is titled Judicial Watch v. National Archives and Records Administration and it involved an effort by the conservative watchdog to compel the Archives to forcibly seize hours of audio recordings that Clinton made during his presidency with historian Taylor Branch.

For pop culture, the case is most memorable for the revelation that the 42nd president for a time stored the audio tapes in his sock drawer at the White House. The tapes became the focal point of a 2009 book that Branch wrote.

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson in Washington D.C. ultimately rejected Judicial Watch's suit by concluding there was no provision in the Presidential Records Act to force the National Archives to seize records from a former president.

But Jackson's ruling — along with the Justice Department's arguments that preceded it — made some other sweeping declarations that have more direct relevance to the FBI's decision to seize handwritten notes and files Trump took with him to Mar-a-Lago. The most relevant is that a president's discretion on what are personal vs. official records is far-reaching and solely his, as is his ability to declassify or destroy records at will.

"Under the statutory scheme established by the PRA, the decision to segregate personal materials from Presidential records is made by the President, during the President's term and in his sole discretion," Jackson wrote in her March 2012 decision, which was never appealed.

"Since the President is completely entrusted with the management and even the disposal of Presidential records during his time in office, it would be difficult for this Court to conclude that Congress intended that he would have less authority to do what he pleases with what he considers to be his personal records," she added.

You can read the full ruling here:

File
memorandum opinion.pdf
The judge noted a president could destroy any record he wanted during his tenure and his only responsibility was to inform the Archives.

As to whether records a president concluded were personal can be forcibly seized after he leaves office, the court concluded it was unreasonable to force NARA to go get the tapes

"Because the audiotapes are not physically in the government's possession, defendant submits that it would be required to seize them directly from President Clinton in order to assume custody and control over them," Jackson noted. "Defendant considers this to be an 'extraordinary request' that is unfounded, contrary to the PRA's express terms, and contrary to traditional principles of administrative law. The Court agrees."

That defendant was the same Justice Department that authorized the raid on Trump's estate. You can read their arguments a decade earlier here:

File
Hearing Transcript.pdf

Jackson also concluded that a decision to challenge a president's decision lies solely with the National Archives and can't be reviewed by a court. If the Archives wants to challenge a decision, that agency and the attorney general can initiate an enforcement mechanism under the law, but it is a civil procedure and has no criminal penalty, she noted.

The search warrant the FBI enforced sought two types of records: classified materials and records created during the Trump presidency. Trump has been adamant the records he took to Mar-a-Lago were both declassified and deemed personal by him.

Some government lawyers reached out privately to Just the News in recent days questioning the use of the FBI to collect presidential records, citing Jackson's ruling and suggesting it was a civil and not criminal matter where deference to Trump is required by law.

On the classification issue, both Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama signed executive orders — which remain in force to this day — declaring that presidents have sweeping authority to declassify secrets and do not have to follow the mandatory declassification procedures all other government officials do.

The Jackson ruling and the declassification powers have left some experts worried the FBI raid was heavy-handed under the current laws.

Kevin Brock, former assistant FBI director for intelligence, told Just the News the bureau's search warrant was overly broad and went beyond what the FBI manual for agents recommended. "Specificity is important in order to protect fourth amendment rights from exuberant government overreach designed to find whatever they can," he told Just the News.

Brock added he did not believe DOJ and FBI had authority to criminalize the retention of presidential records.

The warrant "apparently makes a novel legal assertion that any presidential record kept by a former president is against the law," Brock said. "You have to wonder what the other living former presidents think about that. They have the right and, apparently, clear desire to remain silent."

Tom Fitton, the president of Judicial Watch who was on the losing end of the Clinton sock drawer case, said he believes Jackson's ruling could have a profound impact on the coming legal battles over the Trump search.

"The government, the lawyer for the Archives, said, 'You know what? If documents are in the former President's hands, where they're presumptively personal, we just, you know, we presume they're personal,'" Fitton said.

"The Justice Department previously had told us in response to a question about Bill Clinton: 'Tough luck, it's his.' But they changed their mind for Donald Trump?" he asked. "… The law and court decision suggests that Trump is right. And frankly, based on this analysis, Trump should get every single document they took from him back. It's all personal records."

Posts: 12672 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Are you talking about President Trump? The President can declassify anything he wants by essentially waving his hand over a pile of papers and saying this is declassified. He doesn't go through all that bullshit. The President doesn't file some paperwork with some bureaucrat and wait for approval. That would be ridiculous. Essentially everything in Mar-A-Lago would therefore legally be declassified. Or at least that is how I understand it.

That's pretty much it. I don't think Trump packed all those supposedly classified documents himself and took them out to his plane.

Trump: "I declassified all these when I was President just by saying so."

DOJ: "No, you didn't!"

I heard someone recount how some President went and shared classified information to a foreign leader and, by that act alone, declassified the information.

The authority of the President, or Department Secretaries, to make classification decisions, is the same theory of law used by Comey and company to not pursue charges against Hillary for mishandling classified material.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post