SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How hot is it where you are?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How hot is it where you are? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Rained and it dropped 98→74°

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21104 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Over 90°, with the South's characteristic high humidity, the last couple of days. Tomorrow (Saturday) is expected to be just as hot. Thunderstorms (also common here) are forecast for Sunday.

Posts: 28639 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
This heat is just out of control. Here in Austin, TX, as of today, we have had 31 days in a row of 100 degrees or more and a total of 47 days for the year. There is no end in sight as the 7 day forecast has us at 108 as an average each of the next 7 days.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8737 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
When I went out on my run it was 104 with a feels like 107 due to 24% humidity.

Posts: 2055 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
So hot, we saw a hound chasing a rabbit...they were both walking!

Posts: 2037 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
High today was 86°. Overall, it has been a typical summer in Mississippi.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4863 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
72 at noon when we left MI at noon on Saturday. 86 and humid when we arrived at home at 1:30am this morning. Hard to breath that thick air again.

Posts: 11594 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Saw 109 in the car on the drive home.
Some light breeze & a few clouds, but just continuous miserable hot

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15969 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Saw 109 while in car traveling south of Austin down to San Marcos today. Hot, but the 20% humidity vastly keeps it from being miserable.

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1215 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tooooo!

I had my patience tested... I'm negative.

Posts: 87 | Registered: July 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Averaging 96 here in mid Atlantic, FLA....my cold water faucet is 87 degrees.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting chart, days above 100° in Austin.
This year ranks #17 so far.

https://www.extremeweatherwatc...-days-of-100-degrees

Posts: 3642 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Essentially true that north of I-70 it’s been an unusually cool and wet summer. South of I-40, brutal.

Posts: 13556 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
104° right now. No let-up in sight.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31372 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Interesting chart, days above 100° in Austin.
This year ranks #17 so far.

https://www.extremeweatherwatc...-days-of-100-degrees

I guess it all depends on where the data is coming from. The chart at that link says as of 8/4/23, Austin has had 30 days of 100 degrees or more and the all time record was 74 in 2011. I went and grabbed a screenshot of the Austin news for 8/4/23, and they show as of that date there have been 44 days and the record was 90 days in 2011.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8737 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
76 and mostly sunny in Bruceton Mills at 3:30, going down to 59 tonight.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7259 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Low 70's here in Conifer all week. I think we may have hit 88 1 day this summer.

Posts: 5812 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Heat indices in the 114-116 degree range here in the arm pit of Alabama. Dew point 80 degrees. Never seen that before.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20387 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Another hot blast out west. Jeeez. It never seems to end this summer. It is as dry as paper thin tissue paper.

"Good Lord, please cool things down and bring some rain upon us. Please. Amen.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19701 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
95F w 119 Heat Index as of noon in Savannah, Ga.
I am very ready for a hint of fall weather.
Billy

Posts: 282 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post