SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How hot is it where you are?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How hot is it where you are? Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7262 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Showing 96* w/ 42% humidity, feels like 104*
No relief in sight. Supposed to be warmer next week with highs in the 100-101* range.
We'll likely officially be in a drought next week, but most of the summer (not today) the darn humidity is still here which is driving up the heat index.

Our problem hasn't been the daytime highs. Our problems this summer have been:
  • we're setting records for overnight temps. One of the reasons our AC bills are high (just got mine today and it's a record high) is due to not cooling off at night, and you can't beat the heat by getting an earlier start since it's miserable much earlier in the day.
  • the number of hours we've spent with heat index over 105. See SCW chart. This is certainly impacting our AC bill as well.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23624 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The 2nd guarantees the 1st
    Picture of fiasconva
    posted Hide Post
    94 with heat index of 106.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1895 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of OttoSig
    posted Hide Post
    Hot enough I check twice for kids in my backseat!

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of rtquig
    posted Hide Post
    Lakehurst Naval Air Station near me records the temperature at 95F, Dew Point 71, humidity 46%. Feels like 102.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4030 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Angry Korean
    with a Dark Soul
    Picture of Windhover
    posted Hide Post
    108 here in Vegas. 8% humidity.

Feels like 102 with wind chill factor…

Posts: 1176 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Savor the limelight
    posted Hide Post
    Gonna be cold in Ft Myers:

Posts: 11544 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lighten up and laugh
    Picture of Ackks
    posted Hide Post

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    It's 92°F with a heat index of 107° with a possible heat index of 112°. The humidity is 65%, dew point is 78°. This is about 30 miles outside of Louisville.

This summer here has been reasonably good temperatures. Most of the time quite enjoyable.

We are a week about a half from going back to school, not looking forward to that!

I had a field trip today and it was quite miserable. I have a trip on Saturday, 5 hours on the road, not looking forward to that!

ARman

Posts: 3208 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    ‘Bout 90°

Posts: 13547 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Smarter than the
    average bear
    posted Hide Post
    Currently 96, but thankfully th me humidity is only 41%, so “feels like” 100. Has been much worse, and will be worse next week.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Muzzle flash
    aficionado
    Picture of flashguy
    posted Hide Post
    Web site says 100°F here in Dallas right now, with 27% humidity, wind 4mph. Bearable, but not for me for long--I stay inside with the a/c most of the time.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    111 currently with 6% humidity, but we haven't reached the hottest part of the day yet. Low will be in the upper 80s. This is an improvement from last week when we were running 114, 115, 116...

Posts: 343 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of mark60
    posted Hide Post
    Only around 80 today but 90 yesterday and low 90's tomorrow. Darn climate change.

Posts: 3537 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    It's been around 113 degrees in Toasty Tucson the last few days.

We are looking for rain, as we're in the Desert and we NEED rain.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Currently 86 here in the Yoop. Dew point is 70, so its muggy too.
    Radar shows a storm to the west moving this way. That will cool us off.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
    Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16363 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Better Than I Deserve!
    Picture of LBTRS
    posted Hide Post
    We're having a cold front go through, only 113 today. Down from 119 it has been the last week.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ugly Bag of
    Mostly Water
    Picture of ridgerat
    posted Hide Post
    It's been 105-115º here the last few weeks.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2872 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Air temp. of 97 .

Posts: 4234 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of mcrimm
    posted Hide Post
    108 at Costco in Tucson today. 1" of rain fell last night at my house. Keep it coming.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
    When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4271 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post