SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How hot is it where you are?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How hot is it where you are? Login/Join 
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
91 degrees at 8 p.m. The humidity is ridiculous.

Posts: 400 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:

Nice ! Ha !!

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8910 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a balmy 97 F today with humidity around 70-80. About typical for this time of year.

Posts: 597 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Right now at 7pm it's 93 with a high of 101 today.

Posts: 7442 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Been too hot that 95-97 is a welcome relief.

Q

Posts: 27491 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just outside of Seattle- it's 7:30 and 74 degrees.

This year it's been cooler than the last few years. Actually pretty nice so far this year.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13489 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
High was 93 this afternoon. Now at 9PM it's dropped to 88. The last 10 days or so have been between 95 and about 103, so a bit cooler today. I know it's hotter other places (I have a friend who lives in Phoenix), but I'm ready for this crap to be over. Winter is a lot easier to deal with.

Posts: 7394 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying the heat by screwing with people.

We've been dead dead dead at work. 8 hours a day of Youtube and audio books, sitting in a small air-conditioned office/shop.

But A/C makes all my joints hurt, so in the office I end up wearing an insulated zip up hooded sweat shirt. When I leave the office briefly I still have it on. People see me and are quite puzzled. Today the heat was oppressive, so I really played it up when I went outside. Whenever I'd come across someone I'd zip it up like I was cold. Big Grin For one person I even put the hood up. They came to me later and asked if I was sick?

Posts: 21339 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
96 with 52% humidity and 109 with the heat index. God Bless !!! Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: VBVAGUY,

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3091 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Mid to high 80's. We were in the low to mid 90's last week, so it's cooler. Perfect time of year up here in Alaska.

Posts: 1767 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
110F as we speak. That is in the shade, and we don't have a lot of that!!

Posts: 6707 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're at 100. It's so hot, I could ALMOST be persuaded to drink one of those beers whose brand shall not be named if it were ice cold.

ALMOST.

Posts: 3378 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
92 with a real feel of 110

I’m supposed to go to the Reading Phillies Minor League game tonight, it’s going to be brutal.

Lots of cold beer helps…

Posts: 34514 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
87 right now. About 12 degrees above my maximum. Where are you October?

Posts: 20549 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
95 currently with 21% humidity.
We have been having a warm snap as of late, with sometimes daytime max of 105. Generally our normal summer time peak temp is just under 100, but the low humidity makes it not so bad. Not all of AZ is fry an egg on your sidewalk hot.

While Phoenix is roasting (116 for a high projected this week) just a short 90 minute drive to my house results in a 20 degree temp drop.
I really like the weather here in northern AZ

Posts: 3372 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
It was 96 with a heat index of 107 an hour ago, but it looks like a thunder storm is cooking up out to the west of us. That should cool things down little.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Houston's forecast for next week is 100-103 every day with high humidity. I'm just glad I am not in Phoenix, I don't care if it is dry there.

Posts: 4222 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
111 in Vegas right now. Our top floor AC broke down last Tuesday. Waited 5 days for the first available appointment for repair guy. Finally fixed the AC.

Posts: 1917 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
The heat index in Austin, TX has been between 102-108 for a very long time now with no end in sight. The next 10 day forecast has the air temperature between 102-105 everyday.

I can only do things outside for a few hours in the morning. Today I replaced the rear shocks on my truck and was sweating so heavily. It is crazy the difference you feel in the shade compared to if you step out into the sun.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8737 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s 64 and sunny with a bit of a breeze. Typical SF summer. Fog is probably starting to roll in.

Posts: 4321 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post