SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hurricane Helene
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hurricane Helene Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
May God watch over those still in peril.

A moment for a bit of humor

https://x.com/vincentoshana/st...458282349769102?s=42

Posts: 16206 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
May God watch over those still in peril.

A moment for a bit of humor

https://x.com/vincentoshana/st...458282349769102?s=42

That was awesome!

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 5012 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Yes, some good comic relief! Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Oh man. LMAO! Is that real? "Satan's butthole". I'm dying over here. Apologies to all who were/are affected by this, but I can't help it.

Q

Posts: 27621 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
East TN and Western NC is getting hammered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6302 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Duke is estimating power will be back late Sunday for our area.

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The flooding in NE TN and Western NC has been absolutely insane. It is the worst and most widespread that I have seen. I26 between Johnson City TN & Asheville will be shut down for an extended period as well as I40 between Asheville NC and Knoxville TN.

https://truthsocial.com/@Mrgun...s/113212570103807316
https://truthsocial.com/@Mrgun...s/113212112429875211

https://truthsocial.com/@Mrgun...s/113211190265751267
https://truthsocial.com/@Mrgun...s/113211189105273306

Posts: 159 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
My father in law lives in mountain city in East Tennessee. When my wife talked to him yesterday his power was out and several roads were washed out around him.

News stories and people posting on Facebook showed major flooding all over the area.

Update
He managed to get into town where at the time the power was on but they had no water at his friends house.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 71 TRUCK,

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2639 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Atlanta is relatively unscathed.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34419 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in Spartanburg area
Pretty much whole upstate is without power, thousands of trees down.
Finding fuel is starting to be an issue.
Planning on going to my little farm, kinda scared to see what’s going on.

Posts: 1186 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. I’m in Duncan in Spartanburg County. No power since yesterday. Generator powering freezer and fridge. 12 trees down on our lot but none on the house, thank God.

So sad to hear about Chimney Rock, NC. Entire town is gone from what we’ve heard.

Posts: 1369 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
This pic is disturbing

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Just got power back 1.5 hours ago.

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
A tip from a lineman...

"When your power comes back on, flip your porch light on. It helps us see that your power has been restored without having to stop
and check every meter. A little time saved goes
a long way."

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
This pic is disturbing

The Asheville/Waynesville area is one of the leading candidates for a move in about three years... one of the attractive aspects was the thought that it was far enough inland to avoid the brunt of hurricanes... is this level of extreme weather rare for that region?

Posts: 6459 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Steady rain Fri/Sat Louisville 5" my guess, strong wind 40/50mph Fri. Power was out for a couple hours and Spectrum internet was out a day and a half. Ground is soaked on soggy. 2 major semi wrecks on I-65South - closed down for 4/5 hours - happens regularly.

Big "Louder than Life" heavy metal 4 day rock festival pretty well washed out in Louisville.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
My mom drive in to me from the Augusta area today. Her entire county is out of power since 3am Friday morning. I believe two people are confirmed dead. She is pretty rural and on the lake. She lost a pine tree but it did not hit the house but many friends and family weren’t so lucky. Probably 2 or 3 more of her trees will have to come down bc they’re partially uprooted or in the way of the downed tree.

It is really wild to think about how far overland it traveled and still did that kind of wind damage. And yet, she’s way better off than Western NC. We drove from Johnson City to Asheville on 26 on the way home from a camping trip on Wednesday. And then a little on I40 west. Many parts of those roads are washed away or no longer viable.

I got 9” of rain here in Atlanta but otherwise unscathed.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10594 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
…is this level of extreme weather rare for that region?

Yes.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
This pic is disturbing

The Asheville/Waynesville area is one of the leading candidates for a move in about three years... one of the attractive aspects was the thought that it was far enough inland to avoid the brunt of hurricanes... is this level of extreme weather rare for that region?

I was told that the last time this happened was around 1917.

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
My director of sales lives two miles from Chimney Rock. A beautiful part of the country for driving.

Posts: 53850 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post