SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Global War?
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Global War? Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I truly hope that you can get them to safety.

quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Besides the obvious my biggest fear if the lack of food, we are already seeing looting, one person breaks into a kiosk or store and hands out food.

That's sad, but potentially understandable. Desperate survival in a war zone.

It's said that the average city/suburb dweller has less than a week of food in their home at any given time, and we're already on Day 5 of this war. (Although I believe that's probably most accurate for the US/western world, and the average Ukrainian may have a different mindset about food storage.)

It's definitely not the same as if they were breaking into stores to loot luxury goods like TVs and shoes, like the usual looting here in the US.

I told them to start stocking up a month ago but should have supplied a list or something to them, while certainty not stupid people they had no idea what to do like most city dwellers

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
How come with all the thousands of cell phones these days no has any pics/footage of the Ukraine/Russian firefights, I mean if they’re stopping them cold in many areas? All we get is an explosion here and there on camera. And the one Russian tank that the Ukraines found stopped on the road, they offered to tow back to Russia for them. Something very strange about the whole stinking deal!

I know that they've banned all amateur radio out of there, perhaps they've banned cell service/internet as well. Just a WAG.

Cell service is working for the most part but both russian and ukrainian intel was using services like tik tok and telegram to mark unit placements for arty so both sides have "asked" people to not post. Hell, within 24 hours of the russians coming across the border they were hitting on ukrainian chicks in Kiev on tinder.....Joe is gonna Joe no matter what their nationality is Roll Eyes

And this conscription thing is real multiple reports some from western reporters of men being pulled out of line at the Poland border and put on a bus heading for Kiev....hopefully with some training in route. I also hope they get some kind of uniforms so as not to be considered "terrorists" by either side. There have been many bluer on blue engagements due to lack of coordination and IFS markings.

In my mind that is senseless slaughter

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you listen to the whole thing? I'd agree with first half.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The first half was plenty. I could care less what he says in the second half. Its propaganda and I have better things to do with my time. Lets see how the Russians preserve essential services in Ukraine. What a joke!

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Nice to see that Ukrainians have not lost their sense of humor ...dark though it may be

this is the 2nd such post I have seen like this;

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The hell is so funny about that?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
"dark though it may be"

Ok, maybe I am the only person that would have giggled if someone did that during the Minneapolis riots/looting

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The hell is so funny about that?

Maybe the poster doesn't understand the significance of the supposed unit wearing "88"

My guess is that the dude, if this actually happened, wasn't looting.

I am now 100% skeptical of any reports, tweets, or video's coming from any source.

For reference, I think this video is bullshit. They are trying to pin this on,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion
Which are their own special kind of racist shitheads. Yet from everything I read they don't use the 88 like American skinheads and neo nazi's do.
https://gangsworld.wordpress.c...1/11/18/tattoo-1488/

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
"dark though it may be"

Ok, maybe I am the only person that would have giggled if someone did that during the Minneapolis riots/looting

It's murder as described in the tweet.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
"dark though it may be"

Big difference if he was stealing food and supplies for survival and comparing an actual warzone and our local neomarxist looters and arsonists.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is nothing compared to what the Chechens will do. Putin has brought them in as well.

Frustrated in its plans for a quick victory, Moscow shifted to a new strategy of pummeling civilian areas in an attempt to demoralize Ukrainian resistance.

Yeah like the guy on the video said, Russia will preserve essential services.LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ZSMICHAEL,

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice to see that Ukrainians have not lost their sense of humor ...dark though it may be

this is the 2nd such post I have seen like this;

Seems like this could be true....or Russian propaganda aimed at swaying world opinion. Interesting that it was linked to Nazis when "Nazi Government" is what Putin used af justification.

It's posted by Russiaprevails??

Color me suspicious....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Does anyone else find it both ironic and hilarious that after many, many years of underpaying their fair share of defense spending (because they could always rely on US to pick up the slack Roll Eyes ) Germany has had an epiphany and sudenly wants to spend lots more on defense? It only took them having Vladimir Putin getting them by the balls economically to wake them up:

Germany announces vast defense spending increase

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
"It's remarkable how Putin spent 20 years quite successfully poisoning European politics by carefully bolstering anti-EU forces. In a few days, not only has that work been undone, but he's ushered a 'new EU normal' that looks West and relies more than ever on NATO. ????" -- Nicholas Vinocour, Politico

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Ridiculous, especially after the Germans let Merkel gut their military (and sold their soul from an energy sourcing standpoint as well, putting them firmly under Putin's control) and also that Trump got so much push back on both sides of the pond when he argued for NATO member states to start paying their fair share (2% of each country's GDP) towards NATO/military prep.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Does anyone else find it both ironic and hilarious that after many, many years of underpaying their fair share of defense spending (because they could always rely on US to pick up the slack Roll Eyes ) Germany has had an epiphany and sudenly wants to spend lots more on defense? It only took them having Vladimir Putin getting them by the balls economically to wake them up:

Germany announces vast defense spending increase

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
This is an English translation of a Russian piece that was posted online near the beginning of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, with the obvious anticipation that Russian forces would quickly dominate, occupy, and pacify Ukraine, but after it became apparent that the invasion was going slower and meeting more resistance and logistical difficulties, the post below was quickly taken down... but not before it was propagated on the internet. Supposedly this resides on a Pakistani website, but I don't know for how long.

Obviously the poster is a Russian or Russian sympathasizer. This is likely Russian propaganda... but I'm posting it because it very much gives a glimpse of the mindset and attitude that the West faces when considering how to deal with Russia and President Putin.

Yes, it's a long piece, but revealing in it's justification for the invasion, as well as the ultimate Russian goal.

[Note: the OP is one long wall-o-words, so I've broken it up in, what I hope, is a readable and logical format]

===================

The New World Order

Written by The Frontier Post
Petr Akopov

A new world is being born before our eyes. Russia’s military operation in Ukraine has ushered in a new era – and in three dimensions at once. And of course, in the fourth, internal Russian. Here begins a new period both in ideology and in the very model of our socio-economic system – but this is worth talking about separately a little later.

Russia is restoring its unity – the tragedy of 1991, this terrible catastrophe in our history, its unnatural dislocation, has been overcome. Yes, at a great cost, yes, through the tragic events of a virtual civil war, because now brothers, separated by belonging to the Russian and Ukrainian armies, are still shooting at each other, but there will be no more Ukraine as anti-Russia. Russia is restoring its historical fullness, gathering the Russian world, the Russian people together – in its entirety of Great Russians, Belarusians and Little Russians.

If we had abandoned this, if we had allowed the temporary division to take hold for centuries, then we would not only betray the memory of our ancestors, but would also be cursed by our descendants for allowing the disintegration of the Russian land.

Vladimir Putin has assumed, without a drop of exaggeration, a historic responsibility by deciding not to leave the solution of the Ukrainian question to future generations. After all, the need to solve it would always remain the main problem for Russia – for two key reasons. And the issue of national security, that is, the creation of anti-Russia from Ukraine and an outpost for the West to put pressure on us, is only the second most important among them.

The first would always be the complex of a divided people, the complex of national humiliation – when the Russian house first lost part of its foundation (Kiev), and then was forced to come to terms with the existence of two states, not one, but two peoples. That is, either to abandon their history, agreeing with the insane versions that “only Ukraine is the real Russia,” or to gnash one’s teeth helplessly, remembering the ti-mes when “we lost Ukra-ine.” Returning Ukraine, that is, turning it back to Russia, would be more and more difficult with every decade – recoding, de-Rus-sification of Russians and inciting Ukrainian Little Russians against Russians would gain momentum. Now this problem is gone – Ukraine has returned to Russia.

This does not mean that its statehood will be liquidated, but it will be reorganized, re-established and returned to its natural state of part of the Russian world. In what borders, in what form will the alliance with Russia be fixed (through the CSTO and the Eurasian Union or the Union State of Russia and Belarus)? This will be decided after the end is put in the history of Ukraine as anti-Russia. In any case, the period of the split of the Russian people is coming to an end.

And here begins the second dimension of the coming new era – it concerns Russia’s relations with the West. Not even Russia, but the Russian world, that is, three states, Russia, Belarus and Ukraine, acting in geopolitical terms as a single whole.

These relations have entered a new stage – the West sees the return of Russia to its historical borders in Europe. And he is loudly indignant at this, although in the depths of his soul he must admit to himself that it could not be otherwise.

Did someone in the old European capitals, in Paris and Berlin, seriously believe that Moscow would give up Kiev ? That the Russians will forever be a divided people? And at the same time when Europe is uniting, when the German and French elites are trying to seize control of Eur-opean integration from the Anglo-Saxons and assemble a united Europe? Forg-etting that the unification of Europe became possible only thanks to the unificati-on of Germany, which happened according to the good Russian (albeit not very smart) will. To swipe after that also on Russian lands is not even the height of ingratitude, but of ge-opolitical stupidity. The W-est as a whole, and even m-ore so Europe in particular, did not have the strength to keep Ukraine in its sphere of influence, and even more so to take Ukraine for itself. In order not to understand this, one had to be just geopolitical fools.

More precisely, there was only one option: to bet on the further collapse of Russia, that is, the Russian Federation. But the fact that it did not work should have been clear twenty years ago. And already fifteen years ago, after Putin’s Munich speech, even the deaf could hear – Russia is returning.
Now the West is trying to punish Russia for the fact that it returned, for not justifying its plans to profit at its expense, for not allowing the expansion of the western space to the east. Seeking to punish us, the West thinks that relations with it are of vital importa-nce to us. But this has not been the case for a long ti-me – the world has changed, and this is well understood not only by Europeans, but also by the Anglo-Saxons who rule the West.

No amount of Western pressure on Russia will lead to anything. There will be losses from the sublimation of confrontation on both sides, but Russia is ready for them morally and geopolitically. But for the West itself, an increase in the degree of confrontation incurs huge costs – and the main ones are not at all economic.

Europe, as part of the West, wanted autonomy – the German project of European integration does not make strategic sense while maintaining the Anglo-Saxon ideological, military and geopolitical control over the Old World. Yes, and it cannot be successful, because the Anglo-Saxons need a controlled Europe.

But Europe needs autonomy for another reason as well — in case the States go into self-isolation (as a result of growing internal conflicts and contradictions) or focus on the Pacific region, where the geopolitical center of gravity is moving.

But the confrontation with Russia, into which the Anglo-Saxons are dragging Europe, deprives the Europeans of even the chance of independence – not to mention the fact that in the same way Europe is trying to impose a break with China. If now the Atlanticists are happy that the “Russian threat” will unite the Western bloc, then in Berlin and Paris they cannot fail to understand that, having lost hope for autonomy, the European project will simply collapse in the medium term.

That is why independent-minded Europeans are now completely uninterested in building a new iron curtain on their eastern borders – realizing that it will turn into a corral for Europe.
Whose century (more precisely, half a millennium) of global leadership is over in any case – but various options for its future are still possible.

Because the construction of a new world order – and this is the third dimension of current events – is accelerating, and its contours are more and more clearly visible through the spreading cover of Anglo-Saxon globalization.

A multipolar world has finally become a reality – the operation in Ukraine is not capable of rallying anyone but the West against Russia.
Because the rest of the world sees and understands perfectly well – this is a conflict between Russia and the West, this is a response to the geopolitical expansion of the Atlanticists, this is Russia’s return of its historical space and its place in the world.

China and India, Latin America and Africa, the Islamic world and Southeast Asia – no one believes that the West leads the world order, much less sets the rules of the game. Russia has not only challenged the West, it has shown that the era of Western global domination can be considered completely and finally over.

The new world will be built by all civilizations and centers of power, naturally, together with the West (united or not) – but not on its terms and not according to its rules.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
"dark though it may be"

I've never really found murder or Nazi's funny. Jesus fucking Christ what is wrong with you?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:
"dark though it may be"

I've never really found murder or Nazi's funny. Jesus fucking Christ what is wrong with you?

Nothing wrong at all with murder. So long as the right folks are getting murdered.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

Nothing wrong at all with murder. So long as the right folks are getting murdered.

I'm not sure that you understand the definition of murder, but good for you thinking it's a good and funny thing.

I'm guessing it's just Russian propaganda anyways, but man is it weird two of you came out in one thread.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I don't know this man, but I like what he has to say. The question is, will any in Paris, London, or Lisbon hear it? Let alone the masses of people in the Ukraine and Russia.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Surely you're not referring to me?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)