SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Global War?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Global War? Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^
@10X-Shooter

Some of the thoughts some have expressed that Ukraine people should surrender rather than perish over a long protracted war, makes me wonder how they cannot see the American Revolution, Alamo and other situations that looked no less bleak, is the same thing.

Living as another's subject, is simply a thing I cannot accept.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Living as another's subject, is simply a thing I cannot accept.

Times of adversity and war are revealing. Cowards reveal themselves amongst the crowds, but even more amazing are the heroes who you didn't expect.

As we always say, no one knows how they'll react to getting punched in the face, until they get punched in the face. I've seen my own reactions and had to make the choice to act with bravery when parts of me wanted to run away scared. I heard John Lovell speak about deciding to suppress cowardness and press forward anyway. He spoke about the decision you make. Some people decide to choose to be cowards, they say that retreating now will lead to the ability to fight another day, but the reality is that those who cower in the face of adversity and evil today...will do it again tomorrow. Once you've chosen weakness and cowardice, you're more likely to choose it again.

Refuse to compromise with evil, because evil doesn't compromise. It only ever takes more ground. There is no tactical retreat from evil that will result in success.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Watching the video of men grabbing weapons, I can’t help but think some of these men remember the oppressive weight of the iron curtain and have no intention of living that way ever again. This may be their own Red Dawn.

Reminds me of Enemy at the Gate. "The one with the rile shoots!, When the one with the rifle gets killed, the one who follows picks up the rifle and shoots".

God please help these poor people.

Posts: 11386 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now this is special. What a piece of work!
Joy Behar complains Russia-Ukraine war making her European vacation plans uncertain
The show’s panelists were discussing Russia’s invasion of Ukraine when Behar said she feared yet another missed travel opportunity.

LINK: https://www.foxnews.com/media/...taly-europe-vacation

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
If y'all want to understand much of what went into Russia doing what Russia is now doing, Dr. Steve Turley explains it well, here:

Start a about 2:00 and go until about 7:50. The rest is about woke-ism in NATO.

Much of that falls directly in line with what's been related to me by an on-line acquaintance in Moscow.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Now this is special. What a piece of work!
Joy Behar complains Russia-Ukraine war making her European vacation plans uncertain
The show’s panelists were discussing Russia’s invasion of Ukraine when Behar said she feared yet another missed travel opportunity.

LINK: https://www.foxnews.com/media/...taly-europe-vacation

Reflective of her ilk and generation in the leftist society, all about her and how it affects her. There isn’t anything of consequence that occurs and affects other people, all that matters is what it does to her. A selfish, loathsome hag is a way to describe her, and her cohorts.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Biden to start buying Iranian oil
https://citizenfreepress.com/b...-import-iranian-oil/

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

Just when you think that it can’t get any more laughable…

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like Iran has been a recognized State Sponsor of Terrorism since 1984. Taking stupid to the next level.

quote:
Iran Designated as a State Sponsor of Terrorism in 1984, Iran continued its terrorist-related activity in 2019.

https://www.state.gov/reports/...terrorism-2019/iran/

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
We could just encourage domestic production, I know it sounds crazy, but hear me out.

Domestic oil is greener that Russian or Iranian oil, they don't have to deal with pesky regulations getting in the way. If I spill on drop of diesel at my work it generates a mountain of paper work.

Domestic oil doesn't fund our enemies.

Domestic oil is good for our economy.

Domestic gets more of the natural gas saved vs burned or released into atmosphere making it better for the ecology/economy and avoiding excess green house gases.

Honestly I can't think of one negative of domestic production. It's greener, it helps our economy, and weakens countries like Iran/Russia.

Am I missing something here? Why are we actually discouraging domestic production?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Am I missing something here? Why are we actually discouraging domestic production?

Because some annoying Swedish girl yelled at us. That's why.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
@ Skins...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
We're no longer energy independent but we use just as much energy as we did when we were. Does that make us more green?

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
biden (obama) is an asshole!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today on short notice I was asked to attend a meeting about manufacturing instructions and specifications we provide to our non-U.S. manufacturing plants. I quickly realized that the meeting was really about how to comply with Russian sanctions. We have to quickly help our legal people understand what our overseas plants and joint ventures sell to Russia, if those products were developed or produced with U.S. engineering and/or assistance, and how much locally purchased content they have, so the lawyers can determine what we have to do to comply.

We have a plant in Russia. I expect we will have to sever communications and all IT connections that allow them to program and validate products, as well as stop all shipments of parts they might get from the U.S.

This is real. It did not happen under Obama during the Crimea annexation. Of course, it's relatively easy to cut off Russia because we don't depend on them for much. I am encouraged by Ukrainian citizens fighting the Russian troops. Armed citizens that participate in this forum would do the same if the U.S. were somehow invaded.

China is a different story. Almost every manufacturing company in the US depends on China for materials, parts, or finished products. Our media and sports get a ton of money from China. I believe strongly that it was the China tariffs and push back on China over COVID that caused big business to unify with big media and big tech against Trump and do everything they could to get him out of office.

There can be no embargo against China without killing the U.S. economy. China can take Taiwan and we will just have to let them. All we will do is say some harsh words for show.

If Putin is successful in taking over Ukraine, I do think he might have investigators expose the corruption between Burisma and the Bidens. Not because of Trump, but just to put the U.S. in a crisis, force Biden out of office, and leave us with Harris until 2024. I think Vlad would be amused by this. And Harris would be even more incompetent than Biden, giving Putin free reign to do whatever he wants in non-NATO countries for a few years. To take the U.S. out of any fight in such a way would be his greatest legacy.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
If we need to stop bringing in China crap - then as my 80+ Yr old Chinese realtor used to say (about some contracts that we’re going poorly…) “Chop it off… Quick!”

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Biden said to check back with him in 30 days to see how effective the sanctions were. He and Olaf (the German PM) I'm sure have a plan ...

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

Wait till we get into the next shooting war and he starts buying guns from the Taliban.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Because some annoying Swedish girl yelled at us. That's why.

I’ve wondered if the long game is to use everyone else’s supplies until they are gone, then we have our own to use/sell.

But I doubt they are that smart.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Have no fear, Sean Penn is on the job.

The mission calls for a real killer: Alec Baldwin.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post