SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Global War?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Global War? Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Peter Zeihan's take on the new war and what it might very well bring to the commodities market, disruptions through sanctions, supply chain interruptions, etc.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16710 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Talk about someone that hasn't a clue.
John Kerry. Thank God we didn't give him the keys to the White house.
His biggest worry is how Putin will move forward with climate change issues.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...e-war-climate-change

Posts: 9528 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
They figure by 2024 he'll be gone anyway...if not sooner.

He'll be relocating.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
You don't need to blackmail a weak presidency. You can just sit back and watch it fall apart.

I don't see Pootain sitting back on anything, he'd rather be the instigator...

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
The potuspress conference was terrible … weak, inviting and guarantees more aggression

LGB plainly stated that Putin was going more for more than the Ukraine. And that we would get involved. Wonderful.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LGB???

Posts: 17251 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
LGB???

Lets Go Brandon

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 17251 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
When do we start the countdown to Taiwan?

Probably more than a week.
Less than 30 days?
More?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Roger that. Friendly wager? Willing to back it up?

There is no way Ukraine is the end. NATO doesn’t have a chance in hell of defending the Baltics … I think it would be impossible.

Different analysis - different opinions. Makes for horse racing and different flavors of ice cream.

Sure, how about a bottle of nice scotch? I say no war between Russia & NATO in the next 6 months. I’d string it out longer but I want my scotch. Full disclosure, if NATO goes to war I’m also going so it might take a bit to uphold my end, but you have my word. Acceptable or do you have a counter proposal?

Posts: 2402 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:

There is no way Ukraine is the end. NATO doesn’t have a chance in hell of defending the Baltics … I think it would be impossible.

Different analysis - different opinions. Makes for horse racing and different flavors of ice cream.

Sure, how about a bottle of nice scotch? I say no war between Russia & NATO in the next 6 months. I’d string it out longer but I want my scotch. Full disclosure, if NATO goes to war I’m also going so it might take a bit to uphold my end, but you have my word. Acceptable or do you have a counter proposal?

Name your poison.

Ever try Glenfarclas 17-Year-Old Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky?

Let’s clarify; you’re saying Putin will not move beyond Ukraine in the next six months and I’m saying he will? Is that the wager?

I’m not as sure of the timeline because that’s dependent on a lot of variables.

Should we make it 9-12 months? Otherwise you might get that bottle a little too soon. Wink

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Name your poison.

Let’s clarify; you’re saying Putin will not move beyond Ukraine in the next six months and I’m saying he will? Is that the wager?

Should we make it 9-12 months? Otherwise you might get that bottle a little too soon. Wink

Glenfarclas & Glendronach are two of my favorites.
For clarity, I believe Putin will not move beyond Ukraine into a NATO country within the next six months. The lack of open conflict between Russia and NATO is central to my position. You are saying Putin & NATO will be in open conflict within 6 months.

I’ll take my scotch six months from now please (September is fine). But because this is a gentleman's forum I will return a bottle to you if I’m proven wrong between months 6 and 12.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Less than 30 days?
More?

Wanna bet it is more than 12 months? I'd bet it is more than 5 years, but who wants to wait that long to collect?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Name your poison.

Glenfarclas & Glendronach are two of my favorites.
For clarity, I believe Putin will not move beyond Ukraine into a NATO country within the next six months. The lack of open conflict between Russia and NATO is central to my position. You are saying Putin & NATO will be in open conflict within 6 months.

I’ll take my scotch six months from now please (September is fine). But because this is a gentleman's forum I will return a bottle to you if I’m proven wrong between months 6 and 12.

Fair deal.

Drop dead date is WED August 24, 2022 for nato incursion by Putin

I’m game and we’re on AC! Wink

Good luck!

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fair deal.

Drop dead date is SAT Sept. 24 2022 for nato incursion by Putin

I’m game and we’re on AC! Wink

Good luck!

That’s actually 7 months, but I accept.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Less than 30 days?
More?

Wanna bet it is more than 12 months? I'd bet it is more than 5 years, but who wants to wait that long to collect?

Is there a legitimate, sinful wager in there somewhere? Wink

Going to end up with a lot of prewar scotch!

~Robert A. Heinlein

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:

That’s actually 7 months, but I accept.

Crap, my apologies.
No let’s put it back to six months.
Your kind, additional condition hedges any timing issues.

I’ll edit the original post with the proper date WED August 24, 2022

~Robert A. Heinlein

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Should that not be August 24? Today is, after all, Feb. 24.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
}>*%}{%#%#+!

Fixed!

(Feeling pretty good about that bet about now - lol) Big Grin

~Robert A. Heinlein

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Some of you may find this interesting. Because of a holiday purchase on Etsy (and a lengthy delay in receiving the purchase), I had a number of communications with Taras, a small businessman in Kyiv, Ukraine. He’s married, with two young kids, and I thought of him today with news of Russian rocket attacks on Kyiv and invasion. I sent him a few words praying for the safety of Taras and his family. Here’s his reply.
___

“Hi! Thomas, thank you for your words of support. You know, it was different in the history of my country. I sincerely believed that my children would not know what war was. I hope the world will come to its senses and help prevent the great murder of an entire nation in the heart of Europe.
We are strong, we are free and we will definitely be able to survive!
I believe in my country!
Glory to Ukraine!”

Posts: 13283 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post