SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Global War?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Global War? Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
What the hell is Joe Biden ever gonna do?

Tell our true warriors to GTFO of the military because they aren't woke enough? or too white? or don't want to be injected with a harmful substance?
Have another ice cream cone?

Been there, done that for past 14 months …

Need more … “substance”, will and smarts.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Early days … simply early days.

After Ukraine will be the Baltics and Poland.

I don’t think Russia has machinations to invade Poland. I think this action was to turn Ukraine into the lane buffer he wants between Russia & NATO. I don’t think he’ll move in the Baltics since they are NATO members. This is bad for Ukraine, but it’s not WW3.

If China goes for Taiwan in the coming months and Russia tries to land bridge to Kaliningrad… it could blossom into WW3.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:

I don’t think Russia has machinations to invade Poland. I think this action was to turn Ukraine into the lane buffer he wants between Russia & NATO. I don’t think he’ll move in the Baltics since they are NATO members. This is bad for Ukraine, but it’s not WW3.

If China goes for Taiwan in the coming months and Russia tries to land bridge to Kaliningrad… it could blossom into WW3.

I would imagine you’re not listening to Putin‘s own words. He’s been telegraphing this for at least eight months if not 12.

At age 70, Putin is going to cement his destiny in history. This is not about just the Ukraine.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:

I would imagine you’re not listening to Putin‘s own words. He’s been telegraphing this for at least eight months if not 12.

At age 70, Putin is going to cement his destiny in history. This is not about just the Ukraine.

Nope, I’m plugged in & listening. I just disagree with your analysis. I do not think this spreads from Ukraine to an actual attack on NATO.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Roger that. Friendly wager? Willing to back it up?

There is no way Ukraine is the end. NATO doesn’t have a chance in hell of defending the Baltics … I think it would be impossible.

Different analysis - different opinions. Makes for horse racing and different flavors of ice cream.

~Robert A. Heinlein

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some online wagering perhaps?

quote:
So $1k, $2500 wager on Putin?

quote:
Wager?

quote:
Friendly wager? Willing to back it up?

SIGnified, to be perfectly blunt, your frequent replies of "Wanna bet?!" anytime someone provides an alternate opinion/speculation are becoming quite tiresome.

It only serves to make you come across as someone with either a gambling addiction, or a chip on your shoulder, or both.

Either way, nobody's going to take you up on your offer to lay down money on some casual messageboard bloviating, and being apparently willing to do so doesn't do anything to make yourself appear more knowledgeable or correct if that's your intent. Let it go.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
There is a plausible explanation for what is going on. First, Russian has moved. There are videos of parachute drops, air strikes, and a report of an amphibious landing. The airstrikes are apparently targeting specific installations and not all are military.

One pundit suggest Zelensky has allied with Putin to stop the Burisma corruption and expose it, leaving him aside from any taint over using excessive force. Putin acts as the savior to the two states wrenched from Russian control which are the most corrupt and fixes it before accepting their plea to be annexed. Those states create some buffer if Ukraine goes NATO, and in the last ten years considering the French and German Governments, I don't blame him. Don't forget Trump was forcing them off our financial teat - we paid far more of the money than some of them did for their own protection. It was ok to support NATO up thru the 80s, its out of touch now.

There is another issue. A month ago there were complaints over biolabs in the Ukraine possibly working on weaponized viruses, and since then it's been uncovered there are quite a few accepting US funding. Some are located within 75 miles of the Russian border, and if those states returning to Russian control have some, then eliminating them would then put a feather in Putin's cap - the US is now fully uncovered by multiple sources financing the Wuhan virus, closing them in the Ukraine not only helps us get out of that, it protects Russia, too.

There is a LOT more going on that is interconnected and how each one interacts with the other in the long run. This will likely stop the Biden under the table cash - all outlined in the press when Hunters laptop surfaced. Biden himself publicly bragged about interfering in a nations investigation and bribing them with US tax dollars. And of course, the Democrats blamed Russia for everything Trump did - and now they get to expose the Democrat connections to corruption and are actually playing the role of Good Cop cleaning it up.

Keep in mind the handoff of the soccer ball. There are comms there too many ignore. Now we have the course of action, it took time to set up, and for the most part we have a corrupt President and the corrupt political parties - both are - being revealed as the primary players in international corruption, plain and simple right out there in the open.

We dont need to Decert an election if the winner is a known criminal - we'll require his ouster and anyone connected to him. Think how deep that goes. And actually decertifying would then demonstrate why it was included as statute all along. Yes, corruption of that magnitude can and has happened. I won't lose sleep over the Ukraine border. We had 1.1 million people cross ours illegally last year and the Biden administration is flying the all over the country trying to hide them as it is. We have bigger problems at home than some diplomatic conflict in a foreign country. At present we aren't capable because of our internal treason.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

There is no way Ukraine is the end. NATO doesn’t have a chance in hell of defending the Baltics … I think it would be impossible.

What? You don't think this has deterred Putin?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
“I don’t think Russia has machinations to invade Poland. I think this action was to turn Ukraine into the lane buffer he wants between Russia & NATO. I don’t think he’ll move in the Baltics since they are NATO members. This is bad for Ukraine, but it’s not WW3.”

My take as well. This is why Putin fought to keep the Ukraine out of NATO. There is no real obligation to stop the complete takeover. He knows full well that one inch into Poland, Germany, etc means a devastating war he will lose badly. That is not the “legacy”he wants to leave. Nor does he want, as the unofficially richest man on the planet, to not be able to enjoy that wealth in his declining years.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
There is a plausible explanation for what is going on.

Russia doesn't want NATO at its doorstep?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have bigger problems at home than some diplomatic conflict in a foreign country. At present we aren't capable because of our internal treason.

Yep. That sums up a lot.

The Treason of the Ruling Class

https://www.americanthinker.co...he_ruling_class.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
There is a plausible explanation for what is going on.

Russia doesn't want NATO at its doorstep?

I think that would classify as an excuse. NATO will never attack Russia offensively and Putin knows it. The explanation would be that he is trying to reconstitute the Soviet Union and avenge his perceived slight of Russian dignity.
If any country “goes next”, it will be Georgia.

-Loungechair

Posts: 674 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

Does this create the attention gap that China needs to move on Taiwan?

In a move similar to Russia sending peacekeepers into Ukraine, I think we’ll see Taiwan move on Guam. When the US recaptures Guam 37 hours later, Taiwan will insist on an American army of occupation in Taiwan, thus insuring we’ll actually defend the place.

Just kidding.

Since crazy ideas abound at a time like this, have some fun guys.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

quote:

quote:
Wager?

quote:

SIGnified, to be perfectly blunt, your frequent replies of "Wanna bet?!" anytime someone disagrees with you or provides an alternate opinion/speculation are becoming quite tiresome.

It only serves to make you come across as someone with either a gambling addiction, or a chip on your shoulder, or both.

Either way, nobody's going to take you up on your offer to lay down money on some casual messageboard bloviating, and it doesn't do anything to make yourself appear more knowledgeable or correct if that's your intent. Let it go.

OK dad. Big Grin

Wanna place a bet on that?

LOL

Let’s be blunt. Why don’t we… That’s the whole reason of asking people to put their money where their mouth is. Lotta bloviating from the peanut gallery; not much good dependable insight. Check?

~Robert A. Heinlein

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
“If any country “goes next”, it will be Georgia.”

No, no- Georgia will WANT to to rejoin Russia, despite aspiring to join NATO. This will be supported by some suspicious looking fellows nobody knows holding up signs, protesting, and saying “we want to part of Russia”.

It worked in the Crimea.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
All Russia has to do is turn off the power to Europe. We’ve known this to be the case for over two decades.

They will capitulate in a New York minute.

Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Ron Klein, Susan Rice won’t do a damn thing to help the dems anthropomorphic energy crisis falsely created to allow this to accelerate.

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of ksss
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OiYrRy3mzE

If Putin goes after the Balkan States and Poland, we may reap what we have been planting in our military. I hope that we realize our institutional mistakes before we pay for those mistakes in blood and body bags.

Posts: 390 | Location: idaho | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ksss:

If Putin goes after the Balkan States and Poland, we may reap what we have been planting in our military. I hope that we realize our institutional mistakes before we pay for those mistakes in blood and body bags.

Don't worry, our generals are being briefed on the Russia situation as I type this...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, in the Pacific, Chinese aircraft in Taiwan air defense zone. Not an unusual thing, but the timing is noteworthy.

https://www.reuters.com/world/...iNNMxzdoDSTyfTGHbIhg

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

quote:

quote:
Wager?

quote:

SIGnified, to be perfectly blunt, your frequent replies of "Wanna bet?!" anytime someone disagrees with you or provides an alternate opinion/speculation are becoming quite tiresome.

Either way, nobody's going to take you up on your offer to lay down money on some casual messageboard bloviating, and it doesn't do anything to make yourself appear more knowledgeable or correct if that's your intent. Let it go.

Wanna place a bet on that?

LOL

Let’s be blunt. Why don’t we… That’s the whole reason of asking people to put their money where their mouth is. Lotta bloviating from the peanut gallery; not much good dependable insight. Check?
At the risk of initiating a thread-jack, I will point out that there are any number of on-line prediction markets where one can risk real money on their opinions if so inclined. With that in mind, shouldn't "wanna bet?" offers only appear in Classifieds with other commercial transactions?

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post