SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any way to encourage women to be on-time, for social events?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any way to encourage women to be on-time, for social events? Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Most women are on another time system an hour is somewhere in the range of 75 to 80 minutes, it is one of those things you just have to deal with. "Princess Time," the appointment is at 9:00 she arrives 9:25, nothing you can do about it.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Just because the bar is set so low doesn't mean you have to accept it. For how you treat others and how you expect to be treated. Not just for punctuality but anything important.
Some may balk at what I say and shrug me off with ridicule but I live with the most amazing woman who serves my every need and makes my happiness a total priority in her life.
Can you say the same?

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
An old friend once told me that there are five ways to absolutely assure that a woman is on time.

Four of them don't work and the fifth will likely get you murdered in your sleep.

For the win. Ha !!

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8721 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Early in our marriage I bought tickets to a bona fide fancy schmancy chamber music event, and yes it was incredible. But, she made us late, but the kicker was that if you arrive late, you have to wait until the next quarter to get inside. Yes, the concert is divided into quaters, and during a live quarter, no one is allowed to walk into the auditorium during the live performance. In that venue there is no electronic amplification etc. It's pure tonal magic. So yea that made me a little upset. The girl thought she was just going to waltz right in. So that was an expensive evening with a 75% return.

Posts: 8721 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Just because the bar is set so low doesn't mean you have to accept it. For how you treat others and how you expect to be treated. Not just for punctuality but anything important.
Some may balk at what I say and shrug me off with ridicule but I live with the most amazing woman who serves my every need and makes my happiness a total priority in her life.
Can you say the same?
How long have you been married, Dr. Phil? Are you married?
quote:
...I live with the most amazing woman who serves my every need and makes my happiness a total priority in her life.
You are trying much too hard. She lives only for you. All else is secondary.

Please. You're laying it on with a trowel.

Posts: 107762 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can you say the same?

I can sometimes be too literal for some humor.

I’m guessing this is a joke.

If not, how much is her monthly salary?

Posts: 5748 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
If it isn’t a joke check the batteries in your Co2 detectors, they may need changing.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
"Princess Time," the appointment is at 9:00 she arrives 9:25, nothing you can do about it.

We see this from time to time at my work. The "princess" will arrive for her appointment 15+ minutes late and expect to be seen. Nope. Reschedule. Some princesses learn and others are doomed to repeat it. Not sure how the latter is ever seen by a doctor.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6740 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Good luck! If you find out how to do this, get it patented and become a trillionaire over night!!!!

I’ve known my wife for 27 years, married 18 of that. She’s never been on time.

quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Professionally, I've had to do the "15 minutes late, and I'm gone" thing a couple times.

It's always worked well.

I've been seeing a lovely woman, but she's chronically late. Right now, I've asked that she just let me know when she's about 15 minutes from being ready to be picked up - her place is not far from mine.

Is there any known method to get a woman to be more sorted, or is this just one of those things I have to tolerate?

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
You're chasing her. From ahead!

And she likes it. It won't end until YOU make it end.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2846 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
quote:
"Princess Time," the appointment is at 9:00 she arrives 9:25, nothing you can do about it.

...The "princess" will arrive for her appointment 15+ minutes late and expect to be seen. Nope. Reschedule. ...

Secretly, I do really enjoy shattering the reality of people who've obviously never been told "no" in their lives, and think the world revolves around them.

At my business, we have a "pronouns tax". Feel the need to state them or put them in your communication, our fee goes up.

Through natural consequences, we also have a "princess tax", or at least, as of this post...there is a new name for it. If you aren't ready for your appointment and aren't on time (again, we give a little grace, 5 minutes for office appointments, and 10-15 for on-site/field appointments, then rescheduling is needed. If it's a site visit, we bill a travel fee, it's never less than $1,000. If it is in the office, you pay for the time you had reserved, all appointments are a minimum of a 30-minute billable time fee. That can be from $75-200 depending on who the appointment was with and what it was for. We get our fees up front most of the time, at contract engagement, so getting that fee isn't difficult. It is also stated in our contract, so it should never be a surprise. It always is though. Most people don't read their contracts. A bank in San Franciso just learned that lesson with us, it cost them just under $900. In cases where we have to re-schedule, very seldom does that NOT result in at least an additional 1-2 weeks on the completion time of the contract. Lenders HATE that, it often means a missed lock. Natural consequences.

We have an engagement to appraise a mall for a marriage dissolution case. Princess inherited the property. So far she's added nearly 3 months to the completion time with her missed appointments and constant excuses. I was surprised that her lawyer hadn't fired her yet. She's had to go to court and get extensions a bunch of times. Apparently, there's enough money, that the lawyer is doing the same thing we are...just keep adding to the fee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
This sounds more like a personal relationship. I don’t think he’ll charge a “princess fee” (in my business, it’s simply a PITA fee.. doesn’t matter what sex you are).

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5363 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it isn’t a joke check the batteries in your Co2 detectors, they may need changing.

For the win ! good lord

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's pretty cool that how I choose to live has people in disbelief.
Just accept that the status quo is complete bs and grown adults who love each other can communicate what is important to each other and keep a mutual respect.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can you say the same?

Sounds like a servant, not a girlfriend or spouse...

Posts: 33901 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
For those of us who don’t have computer programs for girlfriends…

Big Grin

Charging a “princess fee” would be hilarious, but not apropos at all.

Mostly, she just likes going to the beach, and swimming, so one of the least expensive women I’ve ever dated.

(Though she might get a ring, which would make her quite expensive, maybe.)

We had a discussion about me being mostly OK with her process, but if I have a business dinner/etc I will not be late to it.

(And the last time I was at an industry dinner, I think quite a few fellows were joined by their wives later in the evening)

Posts: 5748 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Can you say the same?

Sounds like a servant, not a girlfriend or spouse...

No, sounds like a devoted spouse, not a "boss lady" type of feminist a lot of guys have accepted.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I tell my wife it's 1 hour before the actual time. Not sure where she gets it from as her parents are timely people.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
It's pretty cool that how I choose to live has people in disbelief.
Just accept that the status quo is complete bs and grown adults who love each other can communicate what is important to each other and keep a mutual respect.
Holy freaking shit! You actually have the balls to come back to this? When it's obvious you were spewing fantasies at us?

Wake up. You're trying to sell this stuff to old men, not impressionable twenty-somethings.

If- if what you're saying is true- that you "live with the most amazing woman who serves (your) every need and makes (your) happiness a total priority in her life," it's worse than braggadocio- the clinical term is co-dependency.

You are just like the rest of we mere mortals, and so is your partner. You guys do NOT get along about everything. At times, you have arguments, display selfishness, pettiness, the whole magilla. Come on. Cut the shit.

You should have left it alone, but I guess you rolled the conversation over in your head enough times that you felt you had a good response.

Posts: 107762 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
So, who wants to try to charge his wife a “princess fee” when she’s late, and post the results on YouTube for our entertainment?

Big Grin