SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 103
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall Login/Join 
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckWall:
Consider anyplace you have ever worked, what would you think if the various departments kept contradicting the boss and other departments?

This is what happens when an administration selects its members not based on qualifications or competence, but on how many diversity checkboxes can be checked. It's nothing but incompetence and corruption. The ones who are not incompetent, are corrupt, and sometimes they are both. Then when a crisis happens, you have utter confusion, finger pointing, blame gaming, contradictions... because no in has a clue what to do. They are making it up as they go, contradicting what they said just yesterday, or last week or last month. There's no secret conspiracy because they just aren't that smart. Oh they THINK they all are the smartest person in any room they enter, but in reality they are the dumbest. They are used to having the media cover for them but this blew up in their face, and there is no covering this up.

I'm not smart enough to say what will happen with Slow Joe or Harris, if anything. But they sure pissed off a lot of other countries and that's not something this administration can laugh off or easily fix. If there starts to be a body count of Americans or Allies, I can't see how this administration will recover from that.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 579 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
(referring to a now-deleted post)

OK, do you know who does this, guys? Do you know who says "So-and-so resigns, then some other guys is appointed. They resign and so-and-so does such-and-such and that's how we make our fantasy come true." Leftists, that's who. I've seen it several times from them, because they're crazy and puerile. They don't live in the real world.

We're not doing this here. I'm not going to see that kind of mental gymnastics posted on these pages.

No more, please

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Understood and deleted, Para. I apologize.

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The hemorrhaging is not going to stop for the Biden administration. Stories like the above will continue to come out daily, and we haven't even gotten close to the worst to come.

This is what happens when liars lie. The truth comes out. The lie is exposed. The inconsistency make the liar a public fool. This lying administration is shameless. They'll have to be compelled to leave. Perhaps enough stinging truth can do it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:...I think the Dem's are so corrupt at this point they'll do whatever they can to prop up that urine soaked relic through the remainder of his term no matter what happens, assuming that's even possible.

I believe the mob will Ginsburg him for as long as the the 81 million fall for it.

I am wondering if he does not go through a "nuke and pave" of his Operating System and a crapton of drug and chemical enhancements during his "absences".

Because there are times he is lost standing on the "You Are Here" X, and other times where he appears to be fully engaged and utters complete sentences with clarity.

But, only so much starch they can put in a wet noolde.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43889 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
At this point the only logical explanation (yes that's a stretch) is that there was a deal with the Taliban to lay low and do nothing as the withdrawal progressed, giving the appearance that the Afghan gov't and defense forces were doing their part.

That's not a stretch, that's pretty much the content of the Doha Agreement.

Shootout at the airport's north gate. Not sure whether "Afghan security forces" refers to security inside the wire or the Taliban outside. Saw a suggestion that a sniper fired at the latter, and in the ensuing firefight some bullets continued to the troops at the gate which opened up, too.

quote:
Published 1 hour ago

Deadly shooting at Kabul airport’s north gate, German military says

The reported shooting underscored the dangers international troops and fleeing Afghans continue to face in the city now controlled by the Taliban

By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

Afghan security forces stationed at the Kabul international airport on Monday engaged in a firefight with "unknown attackers" that resulted in the death of one Afghan officer, the German military said on Twitter.

The reported shooting underscored the dangers international troops and fleeing Afghans continue to face in the city now controlled by the Taliban. The German military said in a tweet that one Afghan security officer was killed and another three were wounded in the early morning incident. The Associated Press, citing the Germans, said that U.S. and German forces also got involved, and that there were no injuries to German soldiers.

[...]

https://www.foxnews.com/world/...rth-gate-report-says

Posts: 2418 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Maybe closing down Bagram airbase should have been the LAST thing done.

What would it take to reclaim and reopen Bagram? Is that beyond feasible/reasonable?

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Maybe closing down Bagram airbase should have been the LAST thing done.

What would it take to reclaim and reopen Bagram? Is that beyond feasible/reasonable?

Anything is feasible, and likely with fairly low casualties.

The issue is the Taliban in Kabul have easy access to several thousand Americans + other foreign nationals for retribution. They are basically hostages…

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
And KSK operators picked up a family of German citizens outside the airport, though it was comparatively undramatic - they were given a meeting point near Abbey Gate on the civilian side by phone, the only complication being that it took some time to confirm their arrival due to phone problems.

Posts: 2418 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that stooge chris wallace on fox even had to question wtf is going on. he played back to back clips of biden expressing points from his parallel worlds...
Wallace:
"How does chaos go from highly unlikely to inevitable in just six weeks? And frankly, sir, what does that say about the competence of the President and all of you on his national security team?"
must of hurt him to ask this im sure...

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
How is it possible that this is the best the U.S. can do for its people, even as our NATO allies have figured out much better ways of getting their citizens out? Why is the U.S. letting the Taliban dictate the terms of America's evacuation efforts? Garrett wanted to know.

“Someone in our audience might listen to you, Mr. Secretary, and say, ‘Oh, so we have to ask the Taliban for permission for American citizens to leave.’ True or not true?”

Blinken replied: “They are in control of Kabul. That is the reality. That’s the reality that we have to deal with.”

“How comfortable are you with that, Mr. Secretary?” the host followed up.

“What-- I'm what I'm focused on, what we're all focused on is getting people out and making sure that we're doing everything possible to do that. And in this case, it is, I think, a requirement of the job to be in contact with-- with the Taliban, which controls Kabul,” he answered, touting the number of people the administration has gotten out so far.

As The Wall Street Journal editorial board pointed out, it doesn't have to be this way.

"Yes, but this isn’t the reality the U.S. has to accept. The U.S. military has more than enough force to dictate better terms to the Taliban, but the other reality is that Mr. Biden is too risk-averse to do it. Instead, the U.S. evacuates on the Taliban’s terms.

Over the weekend the Taliban put the Haqqani network in charge of security in Kabul . In 2012 the U.S. designated the Haqqani network as a “foreign terrorist organization” because of its attacks on U.S. personnel and close ties to al Qaeda"

And what's also concerning, the editors point out, is that Pentagon spokesman John Kirby appeared to suggest that if the U.S. stays past the Aug. 31 deadline, we'd have to get the Taliban's permission to do that, too, or as he put it, it “would require additional conversations with the Taliban.”

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
related to above post

https://www.powerlineblog.com/...alibans-red-line.php

The Taliban will not extend the 31 August deadline for the current evacuation mission, a spokesman has said.

The 31st was a red line, Suhail Shaheen said. He said President Biden had said troops would be out by that date, and extending it meant extending Afghanistan’s occupation. He warned of consequences if that were to change.

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson had been expected to use an emergency G7 meeting on Tuesday to ask President Biden to delay the US troop withdrawal to allow more time for evacuations from Kabul airport.

Thousands of Afghans and foreign nationals are still scrambling to get on flights out of the country.

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The Taliban will not extend the 31 August deadline for the current evacuation mission, a spokesman has said.

The 31st was a red line, Suhail Shaheen said. He said President Biden had said troops would be out by that date, and extending it meant extending Afghanistan’s occupation. He warned of consequences if that were to change.

So we are no longer 'Withdrawing from A-stan.' We are being 'Forced out.'

I weep for this country.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Taliban Spokesman draws redline for Biden.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Lots of effort, energy, man power, and resources going to getting Afghan refugees out. From where I sit, that seems to be the top priority in Washington.

Posts: 99 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Really, where do you sit?

While I'm sure it will require lots effort, energy, manpower and resources to get the 'Afghan refugees' out, all the evidence/reporting seems to indicate that's not happening. Also, you fail to mention the THOUSANDS of Americans still in Afghanistan who should be our first & foremost priority, and yet, they seem to NOT be the priority of our government at all here. Heck, they're even stated as much out loud that their priority is the Afghans. From where I sit, the State Dept. and the Military don't even know what the other is doing, and it seems that the 'Administration' has NO Clue what going on with ANYBODY involved/affected/etc!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8903 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I just caught a quick interview with journalist Sara Carter, and she reported that some private aircraft are now flying into Kabul to help take evacuees out. She says they are flying in on their own accord using their own fuel, but hope maybe to be reimbursed for that. A quick check shows that the FAA has approved private flights into Afghanistan, as long as they have been DoD approved...so this is starting to look even more like the Dunkirk evacuation.

After a quick internet search I haven't been able to find a supporting article, but she has been solid in her reporting in the past.

She is also reporting that the situation in Kabul is continuing to deteriorate.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Really, where do you sit?

While I'm sure it will require lots effort, energy, manpower and resources to get the 'Afghan refugees' out, all the evidence/reporting seems to indicate that's not happening. Also, you fail to mention the THOUSANDS of Americans still in Afghanistan who should be our first & foremost priority, and yet, they seem to NOT be the priority of our government at all here. Heck, they're even stated as much out loud that their priority is the Afghans. From where I sit, the State Dept. and the Military don't even know what the other is doing, and it seems that the 'Administration' has NO Clue what going on with ANYBODY involved/affected/etc!

What is worse than this is there are a lot of Americans who are left of left who thinks this is just fine, and blame Trump for the problem, and think Sleepy Joe is the best thing since sliced bread.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I know there are diff stories on this topic,

but here is a Fox interview with the crew of the C-17 that flew out 823 people of Kabul

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...ghanistan-evacuation

The U.S. Air Force crew that flew a C-17 out of Kabul said on "America’s Newsroom" that their goal was to deliver hope and freedom to people in Afghanistan.

The crew rescued 823 people

https://video.foxnews.com/v/62...717001#sp=show-clips

Fox says 850 people, load master corrects that to 823

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

interview w CNN Clarissa Ward on her flight out of Kabul

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ee-flight/vi-AANBii1

I read that other news agencies have pulled out also.

Once the news agencies are all gone, we could see a black out of what is happening in Kabul and the rest of Afghanistan

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Skull Leader, thanks for posting that Triggernometry interview with Shabnam Nasimi. I watched it last night and it really was good to get a perspective from an Afghan (now a British national), especially a younger one.

According to the statistics she quoted, %75 of the Afghan people are under the age 25, which means that many have lived most or all of their lives in relative freedom under a coalition presence, and have never had to live under oppressive Taliban rule. They are about to taste oppression, up close and personal.

She is angry at the British government for following the U.S. lead in withdrawing from Afghanistan, but it's clear she realizes the U.S. was the leader in the Afghanistan effort, and most of her anger is at us. She also makes it clear that there is a real push for our allies to distance themselves from U.S. foreign policy and start to form coalitions and take global leadership roles without us.

These young 20-30 somethings are staffers and advisers in government now, but they will be in government leadership roles in the next few years, so it's becoming clearer to me that the U.S. better be prepared to deal with future global crises with less cooperation and support...unless future U.S leaders can find a way to repair our relationships with our allies.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post