SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 103
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
An article from the Gateway Pundit,if believable, about the armament left behind.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...-equipment-captured/

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He got outsmarted by a bunch of goat fuckers, left our people in harms way.

Now, he is negotiating with them. Chances of that turning out any better?

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
An article from the Gateway Pundit,if believable, about the armament left behind.

2,000 Armored Vehicles Including Humvees and MRAP’s
-75,989 Total Vehicles: FMTV, M35, Ford Rangers, Ford F350, Ford Vans, Toyota Pickups, Armored Security Vehicles etc
-45 UH-60 Blachhawk Helicopters
-50 MD530G Scout Attack Choppers
-ScanEagle Military Drones
-30 Military Version Cessnas
-4 C-130’s
-29 Brazilian made A-29 Super Tocano Ground Attack Aircraft
208+ Aircraft Total
-At least 600,000+ Small arms M16, M249 SAWs, M24 Sniper Systems, 50 Calibers, 1,394 M203 Grenade Launchers, M134 Mini Gun, 20mm Gatling Guns and Ammunition
-61,000 M203 Rounds
-20,040 Grenades
-Howitzers
-Mortars +1,000’s of Rounds
-162,000 pieces of Encrypted Military Communications Gear
-16,000+ Night Vision Goggles
-Newest Technology Night Vision Scopes
-Thermal Scopes and Thermal Mono Googles
-10,000 2.75 inch Air to Ground Rockets
-Recconaissance Equipment (ISR)
-Laser Aiming Units
-Explosives Ordnance C-4, Semtex, Detonators, Shaped Charges, Thermite, Incendiaries, AP/API/APIT
-2,520 Bombs
-Administration Encrypted Cell Phones and Laptops all operational
-Pallets with Millions of Dollars in US Currency
-Millions of Rounds of Ammunition including but not limited to 20,150,600 rounds of 7.62mm, 9,000,000 rounds of 50.caliber
-Large Stockpile of Plate Carriers and Body Armor
-US Military HIIDE, for Handheld Interagency Identity Detection Equipment Biometrics
-Lots of Heavy Equipment Including Bull Dozers, Backhoes, Dump Trucks, Excavators

your tax dollars hard at work. Mad

-----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Since that stuff is ours, can we send tomahawks to destroy them?

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Germany Warns Situation At Kabul Airport Continues To Deteriorate After Latest Killings

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...re-showdown-panjshir

German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas warned the press Monday that the situation outside the airport in Kabul has grown even more chaotic on Monday after a member of the Afghan national forces who was working as a guard outside the airport was killed, while several others were wounded.

Meanwhile, after the Taliban assured there would be no extension of the airlift deadline, UK PM Boris Johnson has nevertheless called for a virtual meeting of G-7 leaders on Tuesday to discuss the crisis, and the possibility of an extension. The US managed to evacuate more than 10K people over the past 24 hours, the administration confirmed Monday.

Meanwhile, on the ground in Kabul, some militants wanted by Islamabad have been freed from jail in Afghanistan, Pakistan’s interior minister said. The militants are from Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), a group that has previously carried out attacks in Pakistan. The Taliban are also asking Iran to step up exports of fuel.

Circling back to the latest word out of Germany, Maas said the government in Berlin is holding talks with the US and Turkey to plan for extending civilian operations at Kabul airport after the departure of US troops to enable further evacuations. This includes current negotiations with the Taliban. Mass also said the early-Monday firefight showed how dangerous the situation is.

"The situation at the airport has only grown more chaotic over the last few hours,” Maas told reporters in Berlin on Monday. "The situation remains dangerous."

Outside Afghanistan, Kamala Harris is doing her best not to talk about the situation during her trip to Singapore.

Another guard was killed Monday outside the International Airport in Kabul when a firefight broke out, leaving one member of the Afghan National Army dead, and three others wounded. Some members of the now-dissolved Afghan military are helping to guard the airport.

News of the killing was revealed by the Germany military, which announced it via twitter early Monday morning in the US. No German soldiers were harmed in the skirmish, fortunately. It doesn't appear that any other NATO forces were harmed either. The firefight was instigated by unidentified gunmen.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless the generation of Afghani people like the young lady being interviewed in the link Skull Leader posted on p.44 rise up (if indeed they are 75% of the current population) and get much support and stocks of the gear left behind, Afghanistan will be stuck in the 10th century for another ten centuries.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Smoke at Kabul Airport, hmmm… black smoke.
Where have I seen that before, yes pretty similar to an aircraft crash.

Did an aircraft go up in flames?

Videos Surface Of Fire Erupting At Kabul Airport In Afghanistan

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Unless the generation of Afghani people like the young lady being interviewed in the link Skull Leader posted on p.44 rise up (if indeed they are 75% of the current population) and get much support and stocks of the gear left behind, Afghanistan will be stuck in the 10th century for another ten centuries.

She offered several interesting perspectives in the interview, but one of the primary ones was that the efforts, the money, and the lives lost in Afghanistan have made a difference. The quality of life has improved, and many Afghanis want the freedom and quality of life that comes with it.

20 years of war is a long time, but she points out that Afghanistan is like no other country in the region and shouldn't be compared to them; it doesn't have the infrastructure, the educational level, finanical/ banking system the unity of a national government etc.., and really was in many respects a people from centuries ago. As much progress has been made so far, it really isn't fair to expect that the country and people will be propelled into the 21st century in only 20 years.

She also makes a strong case for why the U.S. and our allies being in Afghanistan isn't just good for the Afghan people but, given current and projected global threats, it is in our best interest as well.

I'd suggest that anyone wanting to get a non-government, non-news reporter perspective from an Afghani that was born and fled the country to watch the @ hour long video interview.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
The firefight was instigated by unidentified gunmen.

Uh huh... Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
News is not reporting half of how bad this situation is getting. Hearing a SAS guy got whacked. Afghans that worked with us are on the run from search parties with our biometric enrollment data that was obtained from abandoned compounds.

This is a shit show. Next week or so of news should be interesting.

Posts: 99 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

2,000 Armored Vehicles Including Humvees and MRAP’s
-75,989 Total Vehicles: FMTV, M35, Ford Rangers, Ford F350, Ford Vans, Toyota Pickups, Armored Security Vehicles etc
-45 UH-60 Blachhawk Helicopters
-50 MD530G Scout Attack Choppers
-ScanEagle Military Drones
-30 Military Version Cessnas
-4 C-130’s
-29 Brazilian made A-29 Super Tocano Ground Attack Aircraft
208+ Aircraft Total
-At least 600,000+ Small arms M16, M249 SAWs, M24 Sniper Systems, 50 Calibers, 1,394 M203 Grenade Launchers, M134 Mini Gun, 20mm Gatling Guns and Ammunition
-61,000 M203 Rounds
-20,040 Grenades
-Howitzers
-Mortars +1,000’s of Rounds
-162,000 pieces of Encrypted Military Communications Gear
-16,000+ Night Vision Goggles
-Newest Technology Night Vision Scopes
-Thermal Scopes and Thermal Mono Googles
-10,000 2.75 inch Air to Ground Rockets
-Recconaissance Equipment (ISR)
-Laser Aiming Units
-Explosives Ordnance C-4, Semtex, Detonators, Shaped Charges, Thermite, Incendiaries, AP/API/APIT
-2,520 Bombs
-Administration Encrypted Cell Phones and Laptops all operational
-Pallets with Millions of Dollars in US Currency
-Millions of Rounds of Ammunition including but not limited to 20,150,600 rounds of 7.62mm, 9,000,000 rounds of 50.caliber
-Large Stockpile of Plate Carriers and Body Armor
-US Military HIIDE, for Handheld Interagency Identity Detection Equipment Biometrics
-Lots of Heavy Equipment Including Bull Dozers, Backhoes, Dump Trucks, Excavators

your tax dollars hard at work. Mad

-----------------------------------------

That's a lot of stuff that at some point, is going to come back and bite us right in the ass.

Yeah, they're stuck in the 10th Century, but now they have a 20mm Vulcans, NVG's, Thermal, and encryption... I'm not to worried about the Helos, I think they will crash wayyyy before anyone figures out how to use and maintain them.

Yes, I know that they have more than a few people that are already trained, and know how to effectively use that equipment. And some of that stuff isn't all that hard to operate. I'm reminded by an old instructor of mine in the Marines: "Most of the shit that you're using is designed so that an 18yo high school dropout can figure out, all you gotta do is be a little smarter than that, and you won't get blown the fuck up."

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:

She offered several interesting perspectives in the interview, but one of the primary ones was that the efforts, the money, and the lives lost in Afghanistan have made a difference. The quality of life has improved, and many Afghanis want the freedom and quality of life that comes with it.

20 years of war is a long time, but she points out that Afghanistan is like no other country in the region and she be compared to them; it doesn't have the infrastructure, the education, the unity of a national government, and really was in many respects a people from the 7th century. As much progress has been made so far, it really isn't fair to expect that the country and people will be propelled into the 21st century in only 20 years.

She also makes a strong case for why the U.S. and our allies being in Afghanistan isn't just for helping the Afghan people, but in how it is in our best interests as well given regional global threats.

I'd suggest that anyone wanting to get a non-government, non-news reporter perspective from an Afghani that was born and fled the country to watch the @ hour long video interview.

Stories like this one linked of protests are encouraging. Perhaps the tide is turning there; but at the moment it appears the Taliban will try to crush the people.

https://news.yahoo.com/strikin...women-051246827.html

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
Since that stuff is ours, can we send tomahawks to destroy them?

vthoky likes this idea.

God bless America.

Posts: 13502 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't want to hear another word from our government regarding what arms Americans may or may not have.

Not another word, ever.

All credibility has been lost in this regard, 100 fucking percent of it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stories like this one linked of protests are encouraging. Perhaps the tide is turning there; but at the moment it appears the Taliban will try to crush the people.

Thanks for that article and video! Along with his failures in planning, communicating, coordinating, and executing this Charlie Foxtrot of a withdrawal, obviously President Biden armed and funded the wrong side.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I don't want to hear another word from our government regarding what arms Americans may or may not have.

Not another word, ever.

All credibility has been lost in this regard, 100 fucking percent of it.

I made a similar point several pages back days ago...and I also made that same point while making public comments on the ATF pistol brace proposal. Any future ban proposals by the government/ ATF and they should be promptly and firmly reminded of their arming and funding of a terror group, as well as their arming of Mexican drug/ human trafficking cartels through Operation Fast and Furious.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:

Thanks for that article and video! Obviously President Biden armed and funded the wrong side with his decision to withdraw.

FWIW I was on active duty back during the Iranian crisis. It's hard to stay up to speed on this one.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
FWIW I was on active duty back during the Iranian crisis. It's hard to stay up to speed on this one.

Thanks for both your service and your perspective! Smile

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

Not another word, ever.

Amen.

God bless America.

Posts: 13502 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Really, where do you sit?

While I'm sure it will require lots effort, energy, manpower and resources to get the 'Afghan refugees' out, all the evidence/reporting seems to indicate that's not happening. Also, you fail to mention the THOUSANDS of Americans still in Afghanistan who should be our first & foremost priority, and yet, they seem to NOT be the priority of our government at all here. Heck, they're even stated as much out loud that their priority is the Afghans. From where I sit, the State Dept. and the Military don't even know what the other is doing, and it seems that the 'Administration' has NO Clue what going on with ANYBODY involved/affected/etc!

Calm down please.

The point of my distress and angst is that i see more effort going to getting thousands of refugees out than I have this far the AmCits. There is RumInt as to the “logic” of the priority model, but I cant wrap my own mind around it. Decision makers were entirely flat footed on this.

Its frustrating to watch for sure. Try to remember it is even more so if you’re trying to work the problem and being told to shut up.

Posts: 99 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post